An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Does anyone have any suggestions for a next topic? (I must confess - I have a bit of writer's block)

Thanksredface.gif

2 hours ago, sr.christinaosf said:

We used to have lots of religious sisters in my area especially in teaching and nursing.  Many of the places they helped establish still exist in some form and although the places are now run entirely by regular staff some reminders still remain.  I remember visiting a grandparent in a hosptial and another in a personal care home  where there was actually the occasional crucifix as well as photos of the history of the place including the founding sisters.  Seeing such things in places I didnt expect always serves as a wonderful remind of God and your post brought back those memories. :)  Your residents are blessed to be attended by you and your community and I think seeing each of you in your habits is a wonderful reminder of God for them. 

On Thursday February 18, 21:30:17 GMT+0000, vee said:

In my mind it should have an up beat gospel tempo and while trying to find that I came across an acapella version on a plane lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ynyt7fshIY

This the closest I got to an "up beat gospel tempo" version (with rather different lyrics): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhF155uQ6c

Edited by enitharmon

Awww.  Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace!

It may sound strange but I actually enjoy reading the obituaries (or in this case fond memories) of religious who have gone on to their eternal reward.  It is very edifying to me and a tremendous witness.