An Old School Catholic Message Board

2016 Ordinations, Vows, Entrances

Luigi

Dominican Friars, Eastern Province - 11 ordinations to the priesthood. First Masses will be celebrated May 22. 

https://www.facebook.com/dominicanfriars/photos/gm.1142866579077727/10153835420083369/?type=3&theater 

Dominican Friars, Midwest Province - 2 ordinations to the priesthood (Wesley Dessonville and Patrick Hyde), and four ordinations to the diaconate (Raphael Christianson, Vincent Davila, Samuel Hakeem, and James Peter Trares).

May 14 at St Pius V Church in St. Louis

Edited by Luigi

Myself and one other brother will be making our Solemn Professions on Corpus Christi Sunday. We have one other brother who will be making Simple Profession a couple days later.

40 minutes ago, Starets said:

Myself and one other brother will be making our Solemn Professions on Corpus Christi Sunday. We have one other brother who will be making Simple Profession a couple days later.

Most excellent! Glad to know that you have found a band of brothers, a school of charity, monastic stability, and the whole ball of wax!

Antigonos
50 minutes ago, Starets said:

I am so very pleased for you, Starets!  Would you be willing to tell us what community you are with?  [fully understand if you want to keep it private]

Edited by Antigonos

Sr Mary Catharine OP
6 hours ago, Starets said:

Congratulations! I didn't even know you had re-entered religious life! I missed that somehow! May we ask WHERE???

Dominican Friars, Western Province - Bradley Thomas Elliott and Thomas Aquinas Pickett professed solemn vows on 9 April. 

Br. Christopher Brannan and Br. Dennis Klein will be ordained to the priesthood on 28 May. 

Edited by Luigi

AveMariaPurissima

This Saturday May 14, five men will be ordained priests for the Archdiocese of Detroit.

If I remember correctly, I believe Starets is at Our Lady of Guadalupe Abbey in New Mexico.

Congratulations, brother.

The Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary have a sister and a brother becoming novices May 18.

littlesister

Starets, congratulations and blessings!  It seems like we've been with you through quite a journey.  Hopefully there will be pictures somewhere?

Dominican Friars, Province of St. Joseph (Eastern US) - 11 ordinations on Saturday, May 21. The largest ordination class in 45 years. The ceremony will be broadcast on EWTN. Click on the link below for names and photos.

https://www.facebook.com/dominicanfriars/photos/a.10150618265863369.387998.208551063368/10153861181728369/?type=3&theater

Edited by Luigi