An Old School Catholic Message Board

2016 Ordinations, Vows, Entrances

Luigi

St. Leo Benedictine Abbey in Florida: One novice made first vows. They now have two men in temporary vows.

St. Gregory Benedictine Abbey in Oklahoma: One novice made first vows.

Ascension Benedictine Monastery in Idaho: One novice made first vows.

St. Procopius Benedictine Abbey in Illinois: One novice made first vows; two aspirants were received as novices.

Five Jesuit priests ordained for the Central & Southern Province (That sounds almost like a railroad line!). June 17: 

With joy and gratitude to God, we introduce you to the five newest priests of our province: Fathers Sam Wilson, Andres Vall-Serra, Juan Carlos Rivera Castro, Roy Joseph and Jason Brauninger. ‪#‎AMDG

Jesuits USA Central and Southern's photo.
LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare

And actually, 20 men were ordained Jesuits this year, in the US, Canada, and Haiti:

With great joy, we introduce you to the 20 Jesuits being ordained this year in the U.S. and Canada! Learn more about these men through this interactive feature with videos and bios of the ordinands.

My friend's little sister (right out of high school:nun2:) entered the JMJ Carmel in Nebraska very recently. I think they have a couple other postulants as well! 

Newark (NJ) Abbey - one monk will make solemn vows on August 15; they also have two novices.

Which is good, because two monks have died this year.

Newark Abbey - Benedictine Monks

The Monks voted in Chapter Friday morning to accept Brother Thomas Aquinas Hall, O.S.B., a 2006 graduate of St. Benedict’s Prep, and a graduate of Caldwell College, for final/Solemn monastic vows. After graduating from college, Br. Thomas Aquinas spent a year as a volunteer here, and then made his one-year novitiate. At the end of that year, Br. Thomas professed his simple (temporary) vows for three years. He will now profess Solemn Vows on the Feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Monday, August 15th, at the 5 p.m. Conventual Mass.

13692540_819081758193454_734023250611590

Sister Leticia

A young woman I once met at a conference has just joined the Sinsinawa Dominicans. I think @Nunsuch knows her too?

And over here in England, this month two Domincans were ordained to the priesthood and a French brother was ordained a deacon.

The Society of the Sacred Heart also has a new candidate in the US, I think she starts next month. Entries over here often happen in September, so I'll post a little round-up of England-Wales-Scotland (or at least, the bits of news I know!) later on.

salveregina10

We are blessed to have two young women entering our priory in Norfolk, Nebraska in September.  One of our aspirants is traveling with two of our Sisters to WYD 2016 in Poland, please pray for their safe travels and more vocations to Missionary Benedictine life.  

http://www.mbsmissionaries.org/ 

4 hours ago, salveregina10 said:

We are blessed to have two young women entering our priory in Norfolk, Nebraska in September.  One of our aspirants is traveling with two of our Sisters to WYD 2016 in Poland, please pray for their safe travels and more vocations to Missionary Benedictine life.  

http://www.mbsmissionaries.org/ 

Absolutely, Salveregina!  I will pray for your postulants (did I use that term correctly?) and for safe travels for your sisters and aspirant.   What a fun trip!  It's so exciting to read about all of these ordinations and entrances! 

Edited by Quasar

veritasluxmea

Seven women are preparing for perpetual profession with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist on July 27th! 

13709862_1166372900063509_54965093152826

6 minutes ago, veritasluxmea said:

Seven women are preparing for perpetual profession with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist on July 27th! 

Amazing!  Are those the "Oprah nuns" in Ann Arbor?

AveMariaPurissima
16 hours ago, veritasluxmea said:

:love: I was at the 1st profession for this group of Sisters! :) 

Two young postulants enter the Traditional Redemptoristine Nuns at Sao Fidelis, Brazil, Monastery of the Holy Face and the Most Pure and Sorrowful Heart of Mary

05a977f75c8bd421cf67e35678973f79_XL.jpg

13819333_1192789334120816_1781574473_n.j