An Old School Catholic Message Board

2016 Ordinations, Vows, Entrances

Luigi

Brother Maximilian Toczylowski, OSB was ordained priest at St. Louis Abbey on Saturday, 24 September, 2016. He's an alumnus of the abbey's middle & high schools, as are about five or six of the other monks. 

14484743_913972998706686_2008477617285067842_n.jpg?oh=474e1a3a408ed0440017158bd6a5e35e&oe=587432D8

From Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon: 

Before traveling to Rome for the Congress, Abbot Jeremy presided at the Mass of Simple Vows for four novices and the Mass of Solemn Vows for one junior monk. While Abbot Jeremy was in Rome, Prior Vincent invested six postulants into the Novitiate, a year of intensive monastic formation which prepares for simple vows.

Further details: https://www.mountangelabbey.org/hilltopnews?article=321 

Edited by Luigi

I'm not sure what the deal is with this guy - he's in only his third year as a Dominican, but he's being ordained. I think he had been with the Canons Regular of Mary Immaculate for a while before he joined the Dominicans, so maybe he had already completed some of his studies for the priesthood. Anyway, he's being ordained on the feast of St. Therese; he'll celebrate his first Mass at Little Flower parish the next day. 

Dominican Friars Central Province--Vocations Page
1 hr · 

Please pray for Br. Reginald Wolford, OP who will be ordained to the priesthood tomorrow! #StDominicPrayforUs

Image may contain: 3 people , beard

1 hour ago, Luigi said:
I'm not sure what the deal is with this guy - he's in only his third year as a Dominican, but he's being ordained. I think he had been with the Canons Regular of Mary Immaculate for a while before he joined the Dominicans, so maybe he had already completed some of his studies for the priesthood. Anyway, he's being ordained on the feast of St. Therese; he'll celebrate his first Mass at Little Flower parish the next day. 

Dominican Friars Central Province--Vocations Page
1 hr · 

Please pray for Br. Reginald Wolford, OP who will be ordained to the priesthood tomorrow! #StDominicPrayforUs

Image may contain: 3 people , beard

I know a little about him because he's a grad from my school (and they were very proud of our 65th alumnus priest). I think he'd done a lot of theology studies before joining the Dominicans, so that's why it didn't take long. 

https://thomasaquinas.edu/alumni/faith-action-blog/br-reginald-ryan-wolford-op-become-65th-alumnus-priest

First vows (three years) of Chad Aubert, now Bro. Jerome Aubert, at St. Joseph Abbey in Louisiana - they're the ones who run a seminary and had an awful flood last year (after an awful fire a few years ago) (after someone sued them to stop making and selling caskets a few years before that). Those must be some tough monks!

https://www.facebook.com/saintjosephabbey/?fref=ts (41 seconds)

Edited by Luigi

The English Dominicans recently clothed six novices, plus one for the Netherlands.

In English Benedictine news, Br John of Downside Abbey is making his simple profession tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the Passionist monastery in Ellisville, MO will receive a new postulant in November. She will be the second postulant in two years. They nunsa re asking for prayers for Meg: 

I'm thrilled to announce publicly what some of you probably already know. On November 11th, we will welcome a new Postulate into our home. Please, I ask everyone to pray heartily for Meg as she begins a new chapter in her spiritual life and discerns her potential call as a Passionist nun. 

Br. Timothy McMillan professed solemn vows this morning {Saturday, October 22] at St. Benedict's Abbey in Kansas. UIOGD

St. Benedict's Abbey (Kansas Monks)'s photo.

We are very pleased to announce that on the morning of Sunday, October 16, Br. Samuel Springuel made his solemn profession as a Benedictine monk during our community Mass. Br. Samuel is a native of our metropolitan area and graduated from our abbey school in 1998 before doing college and graduate studies in New England. He then entered our community and made his temporary vows for three years in the fall of 2013. His parents and many of his relatives attended the ceremony on October 16 and were with us for a festive midday meal. The accompanying photo shows Br. Samuel lying prostrate in the middle of the abbey church as the cantors and community sang the Litany of the Saints after he had read and signed his profession document.

Image may contain: 1 person , indoor

Sr. Marie Elizabeth of the Blessed Trinity was clothed as a novice at the JMJ Carmel in Nebraska on Monday, October 17, one day after her new patron was canonized!

8 new priests for the diocese of Cleveland this year (2017) ordained to the transitional diaconate last weekend. 

Edited by Maggyie