Jump to content

2016 Ordinations, Vows, Entrances


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Luigi

    32

  • katherineH

    9

  • NadaTeTurbe

    8

  • Quasar

    8

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Myself and one other brother will be making our Solemn Professions on Corpus Christi Sunday. We have one other brother who will be making Simple Profession a couple days later.

I enter Holy Trinity Seminary August 19th for the diocese of Wichita, KS.

Please join our Missionary Benedictine Sisters in giving thanks for our new Postulants! 

Posted Images

Just been in Nashville for the vows week with the Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia.

9 Final Vows

14 Renewal of Vows

9 First Vows

11 Reception to the Habit, entering novitiate

22 expected to enter Postulancy  on 14 August

I make that a grand total of 65 beginning new stages of religious life. Go Nashies!!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lily May Gath said:

Just been in Nashville for the vows week with the Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia.

9 Final Vows

14 Renewal of Vows

9 First Vows

11 Reception to the Habit, entering novitiate

22 expected to enter Postulancy  on 14 August

I make that a grand total of 65 beginning new stages of religious life. Go Nashies!!

wow I can't believe all of the planning that goes on! I haven't heard of sisters doing all of the vows and entrances the same week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominican Friars, US of A, 2016:

Province of St. Joseph (eastern): 15 novices

http://vocations.opeast.org/2016/05/17/jubilee-grace-men-accepted-for-the-2016-novitiate/ Scroll down for mini-biographies. 

 

Province of St. Albert the Great (midwest) : 6 novices

https://www.facebook.com/domcentral.vocations/photos/a.128268151545.106015.111070191545/10153749899426546/?type=3&theater

 

Province of St. Martin de Porres (southern): 3 novices. See their Facebook page - things get all hinky when I try to post the link here. 

 

No word yet on the Province of the Holy Names (western), but they've been thriving for the last ten or twelve years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, katherineH said:

wow I can't believe all of the planning that goes on! I haven't heard of sisters doing all of the vows and entrances the same week.

The Institute of Christ the King does all of the ceremonies in the same week. So this year there was : 

4 july : the new seminarist received the cassock (17 of them) 
5 july : minor orders by the bishop of Fiesole (15 of them)
5 july : giving of the canon's habits
6 july : ordination as a deacon by the emeritus bishop of Kansas City (15)
7 july : ordination as a priest by Mgr Burke (11)

http://www.icrsp.org/Photographies/2016-Ordinations-1.html

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2016 at 11:31 PM, Luigi said:

Dominican Friars, US of A, 2016:

Province of St. Joseph (eastern): 15 novices

http://vocations.opeast.org/2016/05/17/jubilee-grace-men-accepted-for-the-2016-novitiate/ Scroll down for mini-biographies. 

 

Province of St. Albert the Great (midwest) : 6 novices

https://www.facebook.com/domcentral.vocations/photos/a.128268151545.106015.111070191545/10153749899426546/?type=3&theater

 

Province of St. Martin de Porres (southern): 3 novices. See their Facebook page - things get all hinky when I try to post the link here. 

 

No word yet on the Province of the Holy Names (western), but they've been thriving for the last ten or twelve years. 

Word from the Western province has arrived: 6 novices in 2016. 

So for the US Dominicans, there are a total of 30 novices nationwide. Pretty dang good!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

St. Bernard Benedictine abbey admitted a postulant into the novitiate on 14 August - Bro. Romanus.  

Newark Benedictine abbey celebrated one solemn profession on 15 August - Bro. Thomas Aquinas. 

Subiaco Benedictine abbey in Arkansas celebrated two solemn professions on 20 August. - Bros. Damien and Roch.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2016 at 7:31 PM, Starets said:

Myself and one other brother will be making our Solemn Professions on Corpus Christi Sunday. We have one other brother who will be making Simple Profession a couple days later.

Mazal tov!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ceaseless-Longing

The Franciscan Sisters of Penance of the Sorrowful Mother (aka the TOR Sisters, at least locally) have recently welcomed 3 postulants, pictured below. The one on the front right was active on Tumblr for years.

13938139_1084965894886395_17158666295026

 

It wouldn't let me insert a photo of the 3 women who entered the noviate, making 5 novices total. (One of the second year novices is a very good friend of mine! #collegeroomies).

Again, couldn't insert picture, but 3 woman took their First Profession of Vows. Two women celebrated the 25th anniversary of their final vows.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



It costs about $850 a year for Phatmass.com to survive–and we barely make it. If you’d like to help keep the Phorum alive, please consider a monthly gift.



×
×
  • Create New...