An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

dominicansoul

How can trump put dead women in prison?  I thought that illegal abortions left countless, bajillions, millions of women dead before Roe V Wade saved them? 

Trump won't have to throw any dead carcasses in prison.  You're worried over nothing...  

Now the dead carcasses of babies dot our landscape like you won't believe.  You probably had some baby parts in your coffee this morning.  Who knows where those little parts wind up...

30 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

How can trump put dead women in prison?  I thought that illegal abortions left countless, bajillions, millions of women dead before Roe V Wade saved them? 

Trump won't have to throw any dead carcasses in prison.  You're worried over nothing...  

Now the dead carcasses of babies dot our landscape like you won't believe.  You probably had some baby parts in your coffee this morning.  Who knows where those little parts wind up...

You didn't answer my question. If we're going to make abortion illegal, then what are the consequences of having an abortion, and how will you use the violent forces of the state to prevent abortions? That's what it means to make something illegal.

KnightofChrist
16 hours ago, Child of the child said:

Has Trump talk about stopping abortions lately or doing anything about abortions? 

Im just asking not debating. 

News broke earlier today that the Justice Department opened an investigation into Planned Parenthood's selling of baby body parts. 

5 minutes ago, Era Might said:

You didn't answer my question. If we're going to make abortion illegal, then what are the consequences of having an abortion, and how will you use the violent forces of the state to prevent abortions? That's what it means to make something illegal.

After the murder of children in the womb is made illegal it should be treated the same, legally, as the murder of children outside the womb. Children inside their mother's womb sure have equal protection under the law.

10 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

After the murder of children in the womb is made illegal it should be treated the same, legally, as the murder of children outside the womb. Children inside their mother's womb sure have equal protection under the law.

Ok, so we're going to start putting women into prison when they have abortions, correct? Life in prison? Death penalty? From a quick Google search:

"In 2013, 664,435 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2013 was 12.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 200 abortions per 1,000 live births."

So let's say we have half a million women on trial every year for their abortions. Are they send to maximum security prison?

Everyone has a mother. So, suppose someone knows their mother had an abortion during her lifetime. Can they be reported to police and punished after the fact? Do we grant amnesty to the millions of women who have had abortions in this country? And, if they are equivalent to any other murderer, how do we protect society from them? Do we take away the children of anyone woman who has had an abortion, and put them in state care?

Edited by Era Might

dominicansoul

I did respond.  Liberals say illegal abortion kills women.  So how can there be any living women left when abortions become illegal?

Liberals can't keep their poo arguments straight.  

Edited by dominicansoul

11 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I did respond.  Liberals say illegal abortion kills women.  So how can there be any living women left when abortions become illegal?

Liberals can't keep their poo arguments straight.  

Ok, let's suppose you have demolished the liberal argument, and women can survive illegal abortions.

What do you do with the half million women every year who commit abortions and survive?

KnightofChrist
12 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Ok, so we're going to start putting women into prison when they have abortions, correct? Life in prison? Death penalty? 

Murder of children whether inside or outside the womb should be treated equally. Murderers of a three month old baby should be treated the same as the murderers of an preborn baby. Should we stop putting murderers of born babies in prison? Not give murderers of born babies life in prison? Do you believe in equal protection? Are children in the womb persons with equal rights to all other persons? 

Froma quick Google search:

"In 2013, 664,435 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2013 was 12.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 200 abortions per 1,000 live births."

So let's say we have half a million women on trial every year for their abortions. Are they send to maximum security prison?

When murder is legal it tends to be greater in number than when murder is illegal. The same is true for slavery, after it is made illegal it tends to greatly reduce in number but never really ceases. As is true today, even in the United States.

Everyone has a mother. So, suppose someone knows their mother had an abortion during her lifetime. Can they be reported to police and punished after the fact?

If the act of murder you call Abortion happened after that form of murder is made illegal, yes. Murder has no statute of limitations.

Do we grant amnesty to the millions of women who have had abortions in this country?

US law at least prevents charging someone for crime that was not previously illegal. Although for the ringleaders the masterminds such as those who oversaw the Holocaust can in a international court be charged with crimes against humanity. This should be the case for the heads of the abortion industry, and heads of government who allowed it.

And, if they are equivalent to any other murderer, how do we protect society from them? Do we take away the children of anyone woman who has had an abortion, and put them in state care?

Do we take away a child or children from parents that murder one or more of their born children? 

Based on the questions you've asked I presume you do not believe children in the womb are persons and/or should not be afforded equal protection under the law. But perhaps I am incorrect.

5 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Murder of children whether inside or outside the womb should be treated equally. Murderers of a three month old baby should be treated the same as the murderers of an preborn baby. Should we stop putting murderers of born babies in prison? Not give murderers of born babies life in prison? Do you believe in equal protection? Are children in the womb persons with equal rights to all other persons? 

When murder is legal it tends to be greater in number than when murder is illegal. The same is true for slavery, after it is made illegal it tends to greatly reduce in number but never really ceases. As is true today, even in the United States.

If the act of murder you call Abortion happened after that form of murder is made illegal, yes. Murder has no statute of limitations.

US law at least prevents charging someone for crime that was not previously illegal. Although for the ringleaders the masterminds such as those who oversaw the Holocaust can in a international court be charged with crimes against humanity. This should be the case for the heads of the abortion industry, and heads of government who allowed it.

Do we take away a child or children from parents that murder one or more of their born children? 

Based on the questions you've asked I presume you do not believe children in the womb are persons and/or should not be afforded equal protection under the law. But perhaps I am incorrect.

Ok, thanks for the straight answer. So, in you're America:

-Women who have abortions (>half a million a year) go to prison. Not sure what happens to the already overcrowded prison system, but I guess that's another matter.

-Take away the other children of women who've had abortion.

-Treat women who have had abortions as dangers to society who must be isolated and defended against.

One question I forgot: what happens to all the men who have aided, abetted, or don't disclose an abortion. Do they go to prison to?

I'm not great at math, but 500,000 women a year, that's about an increase of 5 million to the prison system in the next decade, not sure how many children would be added to state care. Perhaps abortions will decrease in the long-term, but in the short term at least, we're looking at tens of millions of new prisoners, unless we start doing mass executions in stadiums or something (they are guilty of murder, after all).

That would be a hell of an America.

Edited by Era Might

20 minutes ago, Era Might said:

-Women who have abortions (>half a million a year) go to prison. Not sure what happens to the already overcrowded prison system, but I guess that's another matter.

-Treat women who have had abortions as dangers to society who must be isolated and defended against.

One question I forgot: what happens to all the men who have aided, abetted, or don't disclose an abortion. Do they go to prison to?

I'm not great at math, but 500,000 women a year, that's about an increase of 5 million to the prison system in the next decade, not sure how many children would be added to state care. Perhaps abortions will decrease in the long-term, but in the short term at least, we're looking at tens of millions of new prisoners, unless we start doing mass executions in stadiums or something (they are guilty of murder, after all).

so why in your america should we not punish parents who kill their children ?  are you advocating any parent who kills their newborn baby should face no punishment?  are you advocating for no punishments for murder as long as its children?  

abortion is rampant.  guess what, slavery was also.  so was murder of black american's in the past.  your logic dictates that neither of these things should have been made illegal since they were so rampant and it would be to hard and to many people would have to be punished.  i mean listen to yourself.  your advocating abortion remain legal because enough people procure abortions.  morality doesn't seem to matter to you.  all that seems to matter is what the majority of people want.  

if abortion was made illegal tomorrow the number of abortions would drastically reduce.  same when slavery was made illegal.  history dictates overall that when something is made illegal and has real punishments tied to it, most people will stop doing the illegal thing.  your opinion about putting all these women in jail is not rooted in fact.  you can't look at an action that is legal and declare number won't decrease when made illegal.

also when has the catholic church ever advocated for mass exterminations of people who procure an abortion.  the partisan talking points never stop with you, do they? 

Edited by havok579257

2 minutes ago, havok579257 said:

history dictates overall that when something is made illegal and has real punishments tied to it, most people will stop doing the illegal thing. 

Yeah, that's worked out great for drugs, prostitution, corruption, jaywalking and contacts with Russians.

We can just make all sin illegal. Will solve all the world's problems.

Edited by Era Might

1 minute ago, Era Might said:

Yeah, that's worked out great for drugs, prostitution, corruption, jaywalking and contacts with Russians.

We can just make all sin illegal. Will solve all the world's problems.

partisan again until the end.  i mean how else can could someone compare murder to jaywalking.  well when you think murder of children is no worse than jaywalking, your the one who's mindset is in need of a reality check.

Just now, havok579257 said:

partisan again until the end.  i mean how else can could someone compare murder to jaywalking.  well when you think murder of children is no worse than jaywalking, your the one who's mindset is in need of a reality check.

Okay, well I look forward to your paradise where women who have abortion are locked up. I'm sure that will work out as successfully as the Salem Witch Trials. May God return us to the days of those great philosophers, the Puritans.

KnightofChrist
33 minutes ago, Era Might said:

You didn't answer my questions. 

8 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Okay, well I look forward to your paradise where women who have abortion are locked up. I'm sure that will work out as successfully as the Salem Witch Trials. May God return us to the days of those great philosophers, the Puritans.

an your belief we should never make abortion illegal is the right way to go?  should we also make sure abortions are paid for because we can't have those back alley abortions happening that kill millions of women every year before Roe vs Wade.  

I mean is this the paradise your advocating for?

dominicansoul
36 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Ok, let's suppose you have demolished the liberal argument, and women can survive illegal abortions.

What do you do with the half million women every year who commit abortions and survive?

A percentage of those women may have been coerced or made the decision under incredible emotional strain.  To those I say we give them counseling and help.  The other percentage who are cold blooded harpies who "shout out their abortions" and have 5-10 abortions before 20 years old (and I know a few), those need to be locked up.  

Our justice system is a joke anyway.  I doubt any of them would see the inside of a prison cell... too many liberal activist judges.  They won't disappear even if abortion is made illegal.  

Era, really, truly, abortion is the a result of liberalism creeping inside the Catholic Church.  This sick ideology poisoned and watered down the teachings of the Church.  Before 1960, the number of women having abortions was not the colossal number we have now.  To truly combat abortion, the Church needs to do her job of catechesis.  Until that happens, I doubt we will have a quick fix to the immoral butchering of children.  

I know you are not religious anymore, but I feel these are the end times.  Christ is coming because there are no more solutions to the evils of society.  Only He can fix it.