An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

On 11/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, Vernon said:

The Biden administration seems to be helping out, but after this past election, I am so disillusioned that 50% of Catholics voted for a phony-Catholic who is an abortion lover, that I see a strong possibility that Catholics and the bishops who provide very ambiguous voter guidelines (giving cover to vote for the leftists/baby-killers) will once again not come through and cancel out each others votes. We could be a force to be reckoned with and could have kept a Catholic-friendly, unborn baby-friendly president in office, but because of poor leadership we didn't. (And we wouldn't have inflation and high gas prices either).

Long live democracy!!

On 11/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, Peace said:

See when I read stuff like this I do not think it will bear any fruit because it seems to come from a place of pride and judgment, rather than a place of charity. It’s the same sort of thing as liberals who accuse conservatives of wanting to “control women’s bodies,” “only caring about children until they are born” and so forth. We are just throwing insults at people who disagree with us to signal our own virtue and feel good about ourselves.

It is always a point of difficult personal judgement as tp where to draw a line between standing up for Catholic principals and being charitable while doing so.

Charity is always of order, but clarity towards sins of grave matter cannot be ignored.

15 minutes ago, Didacus said:

Long live democracy!!

It is always a point of difficult personal judgement as tp where to draw a line between standing up for Catholic principals and being charitable while doing so.

Charity is always of order, but clarity towards sins of grave matter cannot be ignored.

Well even besides that issue, it’s simply not an effective method of persuasion. If you start off by calling pro-choice folks “baby killers” they are just gonna dig in their heels and not be open to hearing anything the pro-life side has to say.

9 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

How the years have aged me . . .

I was a bleeding heart social justice warrior but 5 years ago.

Yikes.

Wait a second. You are a reformed White Ally?

18 hours ago, Peace said:

Well even besides that issue, it’s simply not an effective method of persuasion. If you start off by calling pro-choice folks “baby killers” they are just gonna dig in their heels and not be open to hearing anything the pro-life side has to say.

Agreed.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:55 PM, dominicansoul said:

Yeah he’s probably the one that broke it! :hehe2:

He'd love taking that credit.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, Peace said:

Wait a second. You are a reformed White Ally?

I was all about that life. On the internet anyway. Keyboard warrior. I'm sure there's plenty of evidence of it on this very website. It's pretty cringy.

It was gross.

I think that's why I am usually so uncharitable to the SJWs. Because I used to be on that road. I feel kind of like I escaped a cult.

19 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

I was all about that life. On the internet anyway. Keyboard warrior. I'm sure there's plenty of evidence of it on this very website. It's pretty cringy.

It was gross.

I think that's why I am usually so uncharitable to the SJWs. Because I used to be on that road. I feel kind of like I escaped a cult.

Can you or someone explain "White Ally" and give an example of what they tend to do or say? I think I have an idea but want to be sure.

Edited by Vernon

Trump is a war criminal. He should be hauled before a tribunal run by non-government persons, along with Bush, Obama, Clinton (the rapist one and the Dick Cheney in a pantsuit one), etcetera. Once found guilty, they should be handed over to parents of children that died in the multiple terrorist attacks carried out by the US military in its countless foreign interventions. Let them decide the fate of the scum.

Edited by Winchester

• 2 weeks later...

Say what you will about the former president, mock, ridicule and throw stones to your heart’s content. 
the fact is Trump:

1. defended the unborn and his actions may someday bring an end  to late-term abortion.  
  2. recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital on Wednesday and relocated the US embassy there, upending seven decades of US foreign policy.
  3. Operation Warp Speed. The President’s swift and decisive decision to stop travel from China undoubtedly saved lives. The regulatory barriers he tore down made it possible for multiple vaccines to be developed, approved, and distributed.
  4. reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, which blocks funding for international organizations that perform or promote abortion. 
  5. signed an Executive Order Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty (known as the “Religious Liberty Executive Order”)
  6. launched an Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand.
     The President signed the landmark SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act.
     The President helped secure a record $6 billion in funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
     The Administration pursued scientific solutions to prevent and treat addiction through the Helping to End Addiction Long-term (HEAL) Initiative.
     The President launched a national public awareness campaign about the dangers of opioid addiction and youth opioid usage.
  7. The President signed the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (S. 1862) which tightens criteria for whether countries are meeting standards for eliminating trafficking.
  8. Because of the President’s actions, North Korea has halted nuclear and missile tests.

All I’m saying is “don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”

LINK: https://downloads.frcaction.org/EF/EF20I29.pdf

dominicansoul

He also FREED prisoners whose sentences were too long and didn't fit their crimes. Most of these were people of color.   They were imprisoned by Democrat policies.  

"Most racist president" I THINK NOT 

Man, if only Americans would think for themselves and not be brainwashed by the Democrat Party Propaganda Branch aka the "news" media

Trump was an arse portal, but his policies were AMERICAN GOLD

Best president in my lifetime!