An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

He also FREED prisoners whose sentences were too long and didn't fit their crimes. Most of these were people of color.   They were imprisoned by Democrat policies.  

"Most racist president" I THINK NOT 

Man, if only Americans would think for themselves and not be brainwashed by the Democrat Party Propaganda Branch aka the "news" media

Trump was an arse portal, but his policies were AMERICAN GOLD

Best president in my lifetime! 

He continued Obama's aid to the genocide in Yemen(not pro life), launched and unconstitutional air strike against Syria, ramped up sanctions against Russia, continued Obama's family separation policy at the border and even intensified it, blew up the debt even worse than Obama, increased drone strikes (most victims of drone strikes are non combatants), enacted tariffs.

In some areas he was less bad than other presidents, but he was essentially Obama, who was essentially Bush.

He was garbage before the presidency, when he tried to use eminent domain to take a woman's house from her so he could build a hotel, he was garbage while in the White House while he continued the war state.

dominicansoul
On 12/14/2021 at 2:00 PM, Winchester said:

He continued Obama's aid to the genocide in Yemen(not pro life),

For clarification the term "Prolife" belongs to the ongoing fight for the Unborn's deliverance from abortion.  I tend to have to clarify to others that "Pro life" in the political sense, strictly refers to the movement to end abortion.  In that sense, Trump was definitely prolife.  He did more damage to Planned Parenthood than any other president would even try.  

Like I said, Trump is an ass, but I truly loved his prolife policies.  To me, abortion is the ultimate crime, and we can't expect troubles to end, be it wars or financial woes, or the way we respect other's lives, because if we don't end the war in the womb first...there will never be an end to the lawlessness in other areas...

There is no circumstance where putting the innocent to death can be justified.

I agree abortion is one of the greatest if no THE greatest evil of our times.  

It is the corner stone of the culture of death.

Anyone familiar with Nick Sandmann and his recent settlement?

Looks like the media picked on a kid and got taken to the cleaners over it in 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 8:57 PM, Ice_nine said:

These are the kind of people that also support him http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

Thoughts?

even before TRUMP became POTUS I noticed a "yuge" red flag

4x6-PC-TRUMP-RED-FLAG.png

and really didn't like the particular religious beliefs he was helping to popularize

political-prosperity-gospel-believers.pn

basically as I see things, lots of people have unnecessarily paid the ultimate price because TRUMP spread "fake news"

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

4x6-PC-Trumpoleon-darwin-award.png

Beyond Trump, and in might of nationalist authoritarians in various countries, I sense that Catholics are conflicted between supporting those who may promote social justice but also neoliberalism preferred by oligarchs, and populists who may do the opposite.

Edited by ralfy

On 11/21/2016 at 11:57 PM, Ice_nine said:

These are the kind of people that also support him http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

Thoughts?

I personally am generally a Trump supporter......

I believe that the world's eight thousand five hundred wealthiest people and their one million to ten million most we'll paid economists, lawyers, actors, rock star's, CEO's, bureaucrats, political leaders and religious leaders.......

are terrified of him.....

partly because after getting to know Mr. Jeffrey Epstein better.....

Mr. Donald J. Trump BANNED JEFFREY EPSTEIN FROM HIS MARA LAGO resort in Florida.......

which was a signal to the wealthiest of the wealthy.....

that this man could not be trusted to continue their neo-Malthusian scheme.........

since its the anniversary of the storming of congress, thought I'd point out if one seriously looked at TRUMPS business history it is basically a "yuge" red flag warning

4x6-PC-TRUMP-RED-FLAG.png

since the red flag warning was ignored by zealots who have perverted religious beliefs, it is actually not too surprised why there is a mass mob delusion that TRUMP is a "messiah figure"

political-prosperity-gospel-believers.pn

it's been many, many years since high school but back then read that according to St Thomas Aquinas "temptation which comes from the enemy takes the form of a suggestion"

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/4041.htm

since the devil acts through the power of suggestion I wonder is this what is actually happening?!

TRUMP-A-Very-Stable-Genius-who-is-being-

also seems the parable of the vineyard owner, is a theological way to view the topic of “climate change”

...a landowner set forth a vineyard with great care and lavish attention

he then entrusted it to tenant farmers 

at harvest time, he sought his share of the produce 

yet instead of giving the owner what was due him, the tenant farmers refused, ridiculing, beating, and even killing the servants sent to collect his share 

they end by killing the owner’s own son

when jesus asks his audience what they thought the owner would do in response, they replied that he would put the men to a wretched death and lease his vineyard to other tenants who would give him the produce at the proper time

obviously, they did not realize that in the parable the landlord was actually describing them,... and that such a judgment would be upon them unless they repented

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+21%3A33-46&version=NCB

Edited by ArciMoto

On 1/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, ArciMoto said:

since its the anniversary of the storming of congress, thought I'd point out if one seriously looked at TRUMPS business history it is basically a "yuge" red flag warning

This is something that I brought up before his election.  I thought he was the wrong man for the job.  But even with his faults he ended up doing better than any other single president during my lifetime.  And infinitely better than the current buffoon in the white house who has just about brought us to destruction.  I don't see how the country as-is can survive another year of him.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, ArciMoto said:

zealots who have perverted religious beliefs,

are you referring to pro-life, anti-abortion, pro-family zealots?

On 1/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, ArciMoto said:

TRUMPS business history

At least, he didn't make his money like most of the (multi-millionaire) politicians in Congress, using insider trading.          

On 1/7/2022 at 10:55 AM, Vernon said:

Trump doesn't say "bigly." He says "big league."

not a big TRUMP fan as ya might have guessed,... and this is because I don't think he acts very christian in the way he lives his life and conducts business

On 12/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Winchester said:

[TRUMP] was garbage before the presidency, when he tried to use eminent domain to take a woman's house from her so he could build a hotel, he was garbage while in the White House while he continued the war state.

as far as "bigly" vs "big league" it hard for me to tell given I don't bother to watch his rallies and the few clips I've seen where TRUMP speaks,... sure sounds like he uses the phrase "bigly"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/may/04/donald-trump-we-are-going-to-win-bigly-believe-me-video

truth be told TRUMP speaking makes me LOL because he sorta reminds me a movie character that has problems w/ having other people understand what he is trying to say

however unlike the lovable movie character "Vinny" I do not not like TRUMP because as I've tried to point out I think he isn't a leader type that can actually solve big problems because he does not have the necessary balls or brains,... looking at his business history where he has a standard operating procedure for failure

4x6-PC-TRUMP-SOP-for-failure-crying-wolf

not a big TRUMP fan as ya might have guessed,... and this is because I don't think he acts very christian in the way he lives his life and conducts business

I support his policies. He was a fantastic president even though he wasn't Sunday school teacher material.

Do you actually prefer what we have now? Inflation, high gas prices and a man who claims to be a Catholic but defends the right to kill inconvenient unborn babies. This is MORE Christian than Trump? Do you think that the voters in 2022 are going to show their support of Biden in a big way by backing Democrats (i.e., members of the abortion party)?

13 hours ago, ArciMoto said:

I don't think he acts very christian in the way he lives his life and conducts business

And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?