An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

10 hours ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

The Korean peninsula has had peace since 1953...

How can Trump take credit for something he had nothing to do with? Because hes a LIAR.

And lets be a little but more apt... North Korea and South Korea's efforts to smooth relations has been the very long and very extensive work of South Korea since before 1953. For Trump to take any responsibility for that makes Trump a LIAR. Because Trump IS A LIAR.

https://thediplomat.com/2018/04/a-peace-regime-on-the-korean-peninsula-not-so-fast/ 

9 hours ago, little2add said:

No one has taken credit yet,  if a peace can be made it would be a wonderful and a clear victory for the US and the free world.

:like2:

If President Trump's Meeting with Kim Jong Un goes ahead and has a happy outcome, I dont think it could be cleaimed as a victory until quite some time (years) after the meeting to ensure both parties are going to abide by the outcome to ensure that it is a stable outcome.  Whenever I think of a potential meeting with the President and Kim Jon Un, I keep seeing in my imagination the image of Chamberlain getting off the plane waving that piece of paper proudly and joyfully stating: "Peace for our time".  World War Two was waiting in the wings.  The domino principle took over as countries in Europe were attacked by Hitler and allies came to their aid according to Alliances.

Chronology of US - North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy

GreenScapularedHuman
1 hour ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Nothing specifically here seems to rebut what I wrote.

If there is something specifically you want mentioned from the article please do so quote it or at very least explain what you are trying to present from the article.

1 hour ago, BarbaraTherese said:

:like2:

If President Trump's Meeting with Kim Jong Un goes ahead and has a happy outcome, I dont think it could be cleaimed as a victory until quite some time (years) after the meeting to ensure both parties are going to abide by the outcome to ensure that it is a stable outcome.  Whenever I think of a potential meeting with the President and Kim Jon Un, I keep seeing in my imagination the image of Chamberlain getting off the plane waving that piece of paper proudly and joyfully stating: "Peace for our time".  World War Two was waiting in the wings.  The domino principle took over as countries in Europe were attacked by Hitler and allies came to their aid according to Alliances.

Chronology of US - North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy

Actually Hitler was already on the move when Chamberlain met with Hitler... it was also notably different because it was a policy of appeasement and concession, the idea that if they let hitler keep what he gained and had established, but would go no further under risk of repercussions...

North Korea has no real intentions to war... For an expert-based evaluation of North Korea's situation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEoZLGHKvy8

This was the rationale of the Obama administration on 'strategic patience', I disagreed with it then and now, but basically it goes like this. North Korea will not go to war... they continually threaten it but it is not in their interest nor is it their motivation/objective to go to war. Likewise the United States can't really go to war with North Korea without upsetting that entire region of the world moreover their patron-protector China. So the Obama administration decided like how India and Pakistan acquired nuclear weapons without nuclear war... North Korea would likely be much of the same. And they HAVE nuclear weapons right now and don't use them because they won't use them. So in a sense accepting them as a nuclear power and ignoring their threats would actually take away their only real major ploy/gimmick.

With that written... North Korea will not give up its nuclear weapons and even without nuclear weapons North Korea will remain a major threat to Japan and South Korea. The idea that this summit will solve any of these challenges is absurdly dumb and false hope.

Going a bit further... North Korea despite making threats and being aggressive in otehr non-open-war ways... has kept the peace with the region and South Korea. The idea that there is a state of war anywhere except on paper or by using a very overly broad definition of war is kinda silly. By that definition who isn't at war???

I dont think wars begin by a country or countries suddenly engaging in armed conflict on a battlefield without any rationale whatsoever behind their actions. 

Wars probably do start 'on paper' i.e. abstract ideas, thoughts, supposition, speculation.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

GreenScapularedHuman
36 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I dont think wars begin by a country or countries suddenly engaging in armed conflict on a battlefield without any rationale whatsoever behind their actions. 

Wars probably do start 'on paper' i.e. abstract ideas, thoughts, supposition, speculation.

I don't think that is what I wrote, what I implied, or even could be construed from what I wrote.

There has to be a will and motivation for a war to start (and be sustained)... and there has to be a benefit and/or purpose to that war. North Korea unless it is not just an irrational actor but an insane actor has none of that. They have every will and motivation to avoid war. They have nothing to gain but ever so much to lose by war.

Back in better times for North Korea when they had the near full support of China and the Soviet Union... when the North Korean state was not as impoverished and as broken as it has become... the prospect of taking South Korea was just as rational as North Vietnam taking South Vietnam.

But now... that isn't the case... not even remotely. The Soviet Union is gone. China no longer fully backs North Korea despite holding them basically as a protectorate. The North Korean economy has collapsed and is very poor. Their state is broken and corrupt in so many ways (even for their internal standards) its laughable.

The leader of North Korea is not insane... and is not irrational. He is going for the optimal gain. They know that the world wants them to do a LOT... demobilize, disarm, reform their government, stop human rights abuses... So they push to one extreme of NOT... that is constantly saying they will go to war. So the world kinda backs off and accepts minor gestures rather than pushing for more. North Korea needs humanitarian aid to both support their people and to sell on the black market. So North Korea knows that if they threaten war and then back off for aid, which is what they always do, then they got their gravy train setup.

Nuclear weapons development and attainment is just this. They know the world will take the threat all the more seriously and even the prospect of disarming nuclear weapons is an offer too tempting for the world to resist... so they know they can get even more aid.

Which after developing nuclear weapons they didn't use them... they turned on he charm offensive with South Korea and America. Now they are haggling hoping they can get as much as possible. But don't be fooled they have no intention of getting back into order, decularizing, or to stoping this ploy in the future.

So is North Korea waring? No. Is North Korea going to go to war? No. Is there risk of a war with North Korea? Yes.. but namely its from Trump who doesn't seem to understand North Korea is doing a massive fakeout.

Edited by GreenScapularedHuman

little2add

NBA star turned Kim Jong Un soulmate Dennis Rodman will be in Singapore during President Trump’s summit with the North Korean dictator next week kim-jung-un-dennis-rodman-summit.jpg

I can see it now. Dennis Rodman gets the Nobel Peace Prize.

giphy.gif

Whoever gets Kim Jong Un to cool the useless rhetoric and have the eyes of the world more meaningfully directed would get my vote.         A case of

"Meanwhile, back at the ranch..........."...........

President Trump has landed in Singapore in preparation for the summit with Kim Jong-un. The North Korean dictator got there first, having already met with Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The real action will be taking place tomorrow, but the details of how Trump and Kim arrived raise a few interesting questions.

One item to consider is that Kim Jong-un didn’t just come with his aides and security detail. Kim flew in on a Chinese jet rather than his own personal plane. But he was immediately followed by a Russian cargo jet carrying his armored vehicles and, strangely, a private supply of food. (Washington Times)

I am a conservative/ right to life. I think Trump was a better choice than Hillary because I base my decision on which president is prolife. As far as I know he is prolife. Praying everything went well with him meeting the Korean president.  Jesus is prolife. So between the two candidates Hillary and Donald. Donald was the better choice.

CBS NEWS June 12, 2018, 1:31 AM

North Korea summit: Trump says meeting went "better than anybody could have expected" — live updates

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/trump-kim-jong-un-summit-north-korea-historic-meeting-singapore-today-2018-06-11-live-updates/

---0o0---

CBS NEWS June 11, 2018, 9:24 PM

Larry Kudlow suffers heart attack, Trump tweets from Singapore

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/larry-kudlow-suffers-heart-attack-trump-tweets-from-north-korea-summit-in-singapore/

Last Updated Jun 11, 2018 10:24 PM EDT

While waiting at a resort in Singapore for his historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, President Trump tweeted that Larry Kudlow, his chief economic adviser, has suffered a heart attack back in the U.S.:

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Do notice Donald Trump's handshake of Kim Jong Un at times as he pulls Kim Jong towards him.  We have (laughingly) seen that type of handshake in Australia before.

GreenScapularedHuman

Trump says lots of things, as in he lies. North Korea says lots of things, as in they lie. North Korean promises are not worth a single tittle of the ink they are linked to. It was expected that North Korea would be on the charm offensive (as mentioned in the above video).

In many ways Trump is offering North Korea everything they ever wanted while having to give up nothing. They have made the President of the United States come to heel, they have gotten security promises from Trump despite no plan to deal with the continued military and nuclear threat of North Korea (among many other issues), and as mentioned before even if they denuclearize their long-range missile and other conventional military weapons including chemical weapons are very dangerous if not as dangerous.

It is tragically sad that this sort of showy diplomacy is not for America's allies, who Trump hates and lashes out against, but rather is for America's enemies like Russia and North Korea.

6 hours ago, StJoseph said:

I am a conservative/ right to life. I think Trump was a better choice than Hillary because I base my decision on which president is prolife. As far as I know he is prolife. Praying everything went well with him meeting the Korean president.  Jesus is prolife. So between the two candidates Hillary and Donald. Donald was the better choice.

You do know that Trump supports abortion and tried to make several of his wives and women he had affairs with to have abortions right?

No. I didn't know that. I should follow up more. The best president by far was Ronald Reagan. Thank you for correcting me about Trump. I honestly didn't know that. When he was running for office a couple of years back. I thought he said he was prolife. I do know many of them say things and don't hold true to them unfortunately. Thanks for the update. - StJoseph.

GreenScapularedHuman
5 hours ago, StJoseph said:

No. I didn't know that. I should follow up more. The best president by far was Ronald Reagan. Thank you for correcting me about Trump. I honestly didn't know that. When he was running for office a couple of years back. I thought he said he was prolife. I do know many of them say things and don't hold true to them unfortunately. Thanks for the update. - StJoseph.

Trump saying he pro-lgbtq rights. Trump saying he is 'very pro-choice' and that he supports even partial birth abortion. https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-in-1999-i-am-very-pro-choice-480297539914

Trump not so subtly indicating he pressured his wife to abort Tiffany (his often forgotten daughter). http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-tiffany-trump-ivanka-trump-tapes-howard-sterm-671826

Trump's other ex-wives and also victims/affairs have also said Trump pressured them to have abortions...

In intellectual honesty (that a pathological liar that Trump does not deserve even a little bit...) Trump has allegedly changed his views on abortion...

But for the anti-abortion Christian political-right to back Trump on the grounds of being anti-abortion... just strikes me as extremely... odd... and hypocritical...

Edited by GreenScapularedHuman