Jump to content

For those who defend Trump


Ice_nine

Recommended Posts

On 11/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, Vernon said:

The Biden administration seems to be helping out, but after this past election, I am so disillusioned that 50% of Catholics voted for a phony-Catholic who is an abortion lover, that I see a strong possibility that Catholics and the bishops who provide very ambiguous voter guidelines (giving cover to vote for the leftists/baby-killers) will once again not come through and cancel out each others votes. We could be a force to be reckoned with and could have kept a Catholic-friendly, unborn baby-friendly president in office, but because of poor leadership we didn't. (And we wouldn't have inflation and high gas prices either).

Long live democracy!!

On 11/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, Peace said:

See when I read stuff like this I do not think it will bear any fruit because it seems to come from a place of pride and judgment, rather than a place of charity. It’s the same sort of thing as liberals who accuse conservatives of wanting to “control women’s bodies,” “only caring about children until they are born” and so forth. We are just throwing insults at people who disagree with us to signal our own virtue and feel good about ourselves.

It is always a point of difficult personal judgement as tp where to draw a line between standing up for Catholic principals and being charitable while doing so.

Charity is always of order, but clarity towards sins of grave matter cannot be ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Didacus said:

Long live democracy!!

It is always a point of difficult personal judgement as tp where to draw a line between standing up for Catholic principals and being charitable while doing so.

Charity is always of order, but clarity towards sins of grave matter cannot be ignored.

Well even besides that issue, it’s simply not an effective method of persuasion. If you start off by calling pro-choice folks “baby killers” they are just gonna dig in their heels and not be open to hearing anything the pro-life side has to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

How the years have aged me . . .

I was a bleeding heart social justice warrior but 5 years ago.

Yikes.

Wait a second. You are a reformed White Ally?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Peace said:

Well even besides that issue, it’s simply not an effective method of persuasion. If you start off by calling pro-choice folks “baby killers” they are just gonna dig in their heels and not be open to hearing anything the pro-life side has to say.

Agreed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, Peace said:

Wait a second. You are a reformed White Ally?

I was all about that life. On the internet anyway. Keyboard warrior. I'm sure there's plenty of evidence of it on this very website. It's pretty cringy.

It was gross.

 

I think that's why I am usually so uncharitable to the SJWs. Because I used to be on that road. I feel kind of like I escaped a cult.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

I was all about that life. On the internet anyway. Keyboard warrior. I'm sure there's plenty of evidence of it on this very website. It's pretty cringy.

It was gross.

 

I think that's why I am usually so uncharitable to the SJWs. Because I used to be on that road. I feel kind of like I escaped a cult.

 

Can you or someone explain "White Ally" and give an example of what they tend to do or say? I think I have an idea but want to be sure.

Edited by Vernon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...