An Old School Catholic Message Board

Investigation into Sisters Minor of Mary Immaculate (SMMI)

Saint Lemon

19 hours ago, Saint Lemon said:

The abuse within the order has come to light. While not specifically mentioned, a survivor of the SMMI was quoted about the order at the end of this interview: https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/one-former-nun-story-sexual-abuse-catholic-church

Please email me all pertinent information at corimports@gmail.com.  I was a brother 7 years in the community.  

Pax

This format is confusing.  Who can email me info?  I put Sr. Roberta in her tomb in Montefalco.  I would be happy to hear all and everything to have a balanced judgment.  There were many sublime moments, solid spiritual background, and tough times too.  I don't take declarations of evil lightly though and lived with the Brothers, so filtered and separated.  Imprisonment?  Beatings?  You are making it sound like a complete horror show which I did not experience.  Please keep me informed with every testimony you have in hand for a complete discernment.  

Sincerely,

The Dude

Dear "Dude",

If you wish to know more, please private message me via this site and I will get back to you as soon as I can.. The declarations of abuse have backing in survivor testimony as well as documentation I have acquired. As far as your comments os it being "a complete horror show", please allow my documents and shred testimony to show that the behavior of the group was beyond the pale. Even reporters who doubted what was accused have acquiesced after the documentation and testimony of abuse that was provided. The order was a nightmare in every sense of the word.

Sincerely,

St. Lemon

• 2 months later...
tricia253@gmail.com
On 1/19/2017 at 7:27 PM, Little Therese said:

yes now they are oblates francescana under the curia of roma 

This evil has to end Patrizi is not allowed to start any more orders or organizations she is in direct disobedience with the church with the Pope the church and some how the curia of Rome is allowing this. 

tricia253@gmail.com
On 2/13/2019 at 10:56 PM, Saint Lemon said:

Dear "Dude",

If you wish to know more, please private message me via this site and I will get back to you as soon as I can.. The declarations of abuse have backing in survivor testimony as well as documentation I have acquired. As far as your comments os it being "a complete horror show", please allow my documents and shred testimony to show that the behavior of the group was beyond the pale. Even reporters who doubted what was accused have acquiesced after the documentation and testimony of abuse that was provided. The order was a nightmare in every sense of the word.

Sincerely,

St. Lemon

On 2/22/2018 at 9:21 PM, Saint Lemon said:

Yes there are. Quite a but, actually. Please PM me for more details. And God bless.

More and more people have been coming forward and a great deal has been documented and found out. The horrors were beyond language, so vile. All documentation and testimony shows it was run like a cult, not an order. Please PM me for more details. Know you were not alone. 

tricia253@gmail.com

I am the mother of a woman who was a member of the SMMI from 2000-2012.  She e-mailed me when she left the order and has not spoken to me since.  I had no idea why until I read this article today.  Could you please send me more information on this as her birthday is on May 17 and I already purchased a card and I need to know how to proceed with this info.  I have a background in mental health counseling, and I am a victim of sexual and emotional abuse, so it's not foreign to me.

God bless you,

Patricia E Wright

Saint Lemon

Patricia, please email me via this site if you wish. I have also emailed you via your address given.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if Elisabetta Patrizi is still alive or where she is? Reports have said she was sick for some time. Other people are saying she is in Italy publishing books and they are available on a few sights, not to mention her Shroud of Turin work. If anyone has any ideas and can help, please let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Saint Lemon

• 7 months later...
On 1/17/2017 at 10:28 PM, Little Therese said:

As abuses are finances stolen

premature completion of novitiate

imprisonment

corporal punishments

public humiliations

superiors denied medical attention to sister who was sick and died as a result

brain washing 

not following canon laws 

isolation 

physical emotional sexual abuse 

working sisters so hard some had no descent sleep

given rotten food to eat

extreme fastings

lieing to church authority

and much much more

spiritual abuse

Say what???

Please enlighten me on all of this! I left that order in 2006 for personal reasons (that had nothing to do with any of the above) and since then, I've been in the dark as to what actually happened to the Order.  I had 8 yrs of amazing religious life, so yeah, please tell me more!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Saint Lemon said:

Does anyone know if Elisabetta Patrizi is still alive or where she is? Reports have said she was sick for some time. Other people are saying she is in Italy publishing books and they are available on a few sights, not to mention her Shroud of Turin work. If anyone has any ideas and can help, please let me know. Thank you.

You posted Elizabetta Patrizi of the SMMI has died 07/17/20

Saint Lemon

Yes, Patrizi is dead and was buried last Wednesday in Italy. The abuse of her and within the orders she founded is ongoing and moving forward with both canonical and legal people. If anyone wishes to know more information, please feel free to private message me via this site and I will be happy to answer whatever questions you have about all of this.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2018 at 12:43 PM, badro said:

Hi, could you tell me what the situation is now? What happened with brothers and sisters who followed her?

WHy SMMI doesnt existe after all of this?

ANd where I can find more information?

Yes i know that patrizi died but many people of the previous order opened a private association with the same spirituality.

Edited by ThankGod
Saving people

On 12/9/2018 at 12:43 PM, badro said:

Hi, could you tell me what the situation is now? What happened with brothers and sisters who followed her?

WHy SMMI doesnt existe after all of this?

ANd where I can find more information?

They survived into a private association of faithful people wearing a sort of dress.I m looking for more informations too inviting everybody to publish here any name of actual cooperators and tell us if they re still very dangerous

• 3 months later...

Saw about this on  Yahoo news. Took care of my mom and dad years ago, I'm 64, and never heard of them till all this come out. I had thought once of being a nun like a couple of relatives, but my direction was more towards the School Sisters of Notre Dame  or the Sisters of Charity, where I have relatives. Glad all this is coming out, but it should have happend sooner.