An Old School Catholic Message Board

Go Fund A Prospective OP Novice Friar

Luigi

Matthew Grote wants to join the Central Province of the Dominican friars this June. He needs to pay down his student loans significantly. He's trying to raise a minimum of $10,000. He's raised $7,500+ so far  on Go Fund Me (in one day! - one very generous donation and a lot of smaller ones). So it looks like he can reach his goal. If you got a-nickel-ninety-eight laying around in loose change, you might consider sending it in his direction. (Would that make him a FUNDaMEntalist?)

https://www.gofundme.com/SeminaryMatt2017

Matthew is a close friend who I went to college with, and he will make an excellent friar. Seriously, if you can spare some money, it's a very good cause. 

Edited by Amppax

As of 3 May, 2017, Matthew Grote's Go Fund Me account is at $10,366. He says,

"I am amazed to say that I only have $634 to go on my Go Fund Me, to meet my minimum goal! With this, I will certainly be able to go to seminary! Thank you all for your amazing generosity! Feel free to continue sharing, as the Dominicans are paying a large sum of their own money for me and anything more I can give them would be very much appreciated. :) "

"UPDATE!!! 05/07/17

I have reached my minimum goal of $11,000! PRAISE GOD!!! Please feel free to continue to donate, as the order has agreed to take much of my student loan debt and any more I can add will be very helpful to them. Thank you all for your generosity!"