Kayte Postle

Kayte Discerns (An Ongoing Journey)

Antigonos

Good to hear your news.  Take everything one day at a time.  Try not to get dispirited if your family seems negative, be philosophical about it, "this too will pass".  Be prepared for a dimunition of the elation you've experienced -- it's a bit like a honeymoon; the real work of a marriage only begins after it's over!

Keep us updated.

JHFamily

I'm so glad this seems to be working out for you after all the struggles you've had.  I'll pray for your family.  This will be a hard time for you and for them.  May I suggest going to a temporary agency and seeing if they can give you steady work until you leave?  I did this while waiting to enter many years ago, and it worked out fantastic for me. 

Kayte Postle
9 hours ago, JHFamily said:

May I suggest going to a temporary agency and seeing if they can give you steady work until you leave? 

I'm actually already doing this! One of the job offers I received was from a temp agency that lasts just about the time I need! I'm trying to also keep my options open job wise, mostly because of the chance that I might not be accepted into the community. From the discussions I've had with the VD this is unlikely, but I want to be prepared for that situation. I'm just taking one day at a time right now, and taking it one step at a time (despite my joy).