An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rcia

Brother Adam

I don't know about that, but if I am it won't be in my current job- my hours were just changed to 4:30PM to 3:00 AM. BLAH!

Brother Adam, what do you do for a living?

You're taking my "might be smarter" for pride, which it isn't.

RCIA was led by lay folks when I went, and I enjoyed it a lot, but if I could sit in on an RCIA session led by say Scot Hahn, ... I'd be there in a heart beat.

Peace of Christ Br Adam, Ken

Brother Adam, what do you do for a living?

I work for Family Christian Stores in the Distrubution Center as a Department Assistant (2nd to the Team Leader)

CatholicAndFanatical

Please understand,

I'm not attacking my friend (I won't even mention her name), but am going after why she doesn't know any better- is it really her fault? My guess is from watching her life, probably not. You yourselves admit that there are some really bad Catholic teachers- perhaps even flat out false teachers in the Catholic Church.

I am still extremely weary of Catholicism. But as scriptures tell us- test everything. And while I see echos of Catholicism possibly being a cult, I'm dismissing it as prejudgement.

Perhaps it will take me years, decades for God to show me what he wants me to ultimately know about Catholicism. We'll see.

God bless you all for your encouragement.

Brother Adam

man..Bro Adam you bring a tear to my eye, why cant every seeker be like you. Open that heart right up my friend, good for you.

I went through RCIA 3 years this past Easter, RCIA rocks, I wish everyone could go through it. Of course I had great teachers there and that does make a difference. You are right there are bad teachers and people with their own agenda that are sometimes teaching, its sad. But if you have any questions you have a whole buku of people here at phatmass to ask and confirm you are being taught what is suppose to be taught.

You will be in my prayers Bro Adam, congratulations on your choice to enter RCIA.

CatholicAndFanatical

You guys are reading into my posts what isn't there. You're taking my "might be smarter" for pride, which it isn't.

And yes, I'm saying that even if the Catholic chuch is a cult, our Bibles are worth something. Peter had to be rebuked several times and denied our Lord several times, yet still had an amazing ministry. I also haven't said that the Catholic Church has always been a cult, or that is even one today.

This is meant as an older brother to a younger...

You can't have it both ways.

If the Catholic Church is now a cult, but wasn't before, then Christ must have been wrong if the Catholic Church is a cult now....

St. Matt 16:18 "And so I say to you, you are Peter (Kephas), and upon this rock (Kephas) I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it."

19 I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

If the Catholic Church is now a cult, then it has always been a cult, and the bible would be worthless.

No arguement anyone has against the Catholic Church can prove the Catholic Church wrong.

The Catholic Church of today is the very same Catholic Church of 33 AD founded on Peter and the Apostles...

The same teachings of morals and faith of the Apostles can ONLY be found in the Catholic Church.

For what you say that you're "unsure if the Catholic Church is a cult now, but it might not have been"... Why would you say this? So that the bible wouldn't be worthless? If the Catholic Church is ever a cult, then the bible is worthless... it was the Catholic Church that gave us the Bible... For the Catholic Church to give the world the New Testament books as Scripture, it must have had the authority given to it by God.... If it did have the authority given to by God, IT - The Catholic Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim 3:15)... It will never be overcome by the Netherworld (St. Matt 16:18)...

If it is now a cult, then it would have been overcome by the Netherworld.

It's about time you get off the fence... No other church could possibly be the Church of the Apostles except for the Catholic Church... You know this... You have seen the facts and the proof...

You know... and deep down, you know it's true...

For your sake, you better hope nothing happens to you before you become Catholic, because you know that the Catholic Church is the One True Church, you have no chance of salvation until you start working toward joining the Church....

If you want to argue the point... then I invite you to a one on one, and you bring whatever evidence that you feel to show that the Catholic Church is not the Church of Christ....

Maybe you stay where your at for fear of what friends and/or family might think?

Are you lukewarm or hot for Christ?

Time to get off the fence.

I can't believe that you think the Church of Christ would loose it's way and become a cult?!

Jesus is NOT wrong, and DOES NOT lie.

For if what you claim were true, then Jesus is a liar or wrong....

God Bless,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

That or your interpertation of these verses is warped ;)

God Bless your enthusiam ironmonk.

It's not my interpretation... it's the first Christians... back to the 1st century. :P

God Bless,

ironmonk

cmotherofpirl

:( I don't want to miss my husband for over ten hours!!! :(

Think of it this way. I gives you more time to be here with us. :lol: