An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters Discernment Day at San Xavier Mission near Tuscon

Angel Clear

Franciscan Sisters invite Young Adult Catholic Women from the Dioceses of Phoenix, Tucson, San Bernadino, San Diego and Orange at all stages of discerning a religious vocation to a special retreat on November 18, 2018

Retreatants will explore, discover and reflect on St. Francis of Assisi’s own discernment journey and his drawing on the Gospel for wise decision-making in his daily life. Includes Sunday Eucharist, time for personal prayer, lunch, and time to visit with Franciscan Sisters.

The retreat is one of a series the Franciscan Sisters have designed especially for Catholic young professional and young adult women. Recent retreatants have expressed their appreciation for the value of such retreats “ The dedication the sisters showed to their service inspired me to guide my life to live by similar values. I admire the virtues that the sisters live by.” and “I found the personal stories and advice that each sister gave was helpful. This added a sense of realness that people go through.”

National Landmark Mission San Xavier - ‘The White Dove of the Desert’ – continues its original purpose of ministering to the religious needs of its parishioners by serving the local Tohono O'odham reservation. The oldest intact European structure in Arizona, the church's interior is filled with marvelous original statuary and murals. Visitors can truly step back in time and enter an authentic 18th Century space. Approximately 200,000 annual visitors come from all over the world to view what is widely considered to be the finest example of Spanish Colonial architecture in the United States. Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity now teach at the school and reside in the convent.

The church contains numerous references to the Franciscan cord both on the facade and throughout the church.

It is located at 1950 San Xavier Road, Tucson, Arizona. For more information call or text Sister Mary Ann at 920-320-1627 or Sister Carol at 520-678-8800. Or visit https://fscc-calledtobe.org more information.