An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'ma get married

Ice_nine

6 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Yes that's him. Yes I am. Just bought a house in the Beverly neighborhood.  

Youse are waaaaay on the other side of the city from me (I'm on the NW side, on the Elmwood Park border).

Edited by Norseman82

2 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Youse are waaaaay on the other side of the city from me (I'm on the NW side, on the Elmwood Park border).

Hispanic neighborhood?

6 hours ago, Anomaly said:

My family and I are from Chicago and the burbs.   An uncle is a retired Chicago cop. 

Why did you leave? Before answering please alphabetize the list for easy searching.

Jk I really like Chicago. 

Left as a small child to be with my parents and siblings.   Have lived in Florida and visited enough to not want to live there or elsewhere.  The FLA is amesome.  

On 11/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Anomaly said:

The only bad thing I could foresee, is if he’s a Patriots fan...

No worries, we both are! ;)

On 11/28/2018 at 3:58 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Cool but is he 7/7 on the church teaching questions. I met my husband on catholic match. I joined that thing for 30 days as an agreement with God that at the end He would let me live my amazing kickass spinsterhood in peace. OFFER REJECTED!!!!

Yes he's 7/7

20 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

No worries, we both are! ;)

Yes he's 7/7

May your wedding day be as beautiful as Tom and Giselle's offspring.

Yay for 7 of 7. I went on 2 dates with someone who was 6 of 7. He was a convert, a doctor, a hunk. He didnt accept papal infallibility.  I was curious to know, why not that one, but yes to all the others? Very rare on catholic match. Anyway we didnt get far. He gave my leftover Chinese ( which I had daintily not eaten all of in order to appear "appropriate" and not like the human garbage disposal which I am) to a homeless guy. He was trying to impress me but he more or less forced me to surrender it and I was STARVING. Im not proud. But Never stand between a Nazgul and its prey. 

Edited by Lilllabettt

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Hispanic neighborhood?

Traditionally Italian, but now they are joined by a lot of Hispanics and immigrant Poles, with a few African Americans here and there.  My parish has Masses celebrated in English, Polish, and Spanish. 

1 hour ago, Norseman82 said:

Traditionally Italian, but now they are joined by a lot of Hispanics and immigrant Poles, with a few African Americans here and there.  My parish has Masses celebrated in English, Polish, and Spanish. 

Thanks. I dont know the city too well. My very blunt simple understanding is west=hispanic

On November 21, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Ice_nine said:

Sometime in 2020.

Yep

Congratulations to you both. He sounds like a lovely person.