An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bad RTL student, not

little2add

38 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

guys don't make me mediate this ish. If all you two can do is insult each other I'll ban both of you forever.

I'm just kidding about the last part, but can you both just stop?

Thanks!

I think you are going to have to ban me first since I am the worst offender when it comes to insults.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:58 PM, Josh said:

I know you approve of Catholic students in blackface. No surprise there. You also went on and on here how Trayvon had it coming. I know where you stand. I've known for a long time. And your an atheist. Ugly combination. Never respond or address me on here again. Have a nice life.

I say let them wear it. Not everyone is naturally blessed with high levels of melanin like myself, you know.

Here, if you criticise a specific policy of the Prime Minister, his supporters will accuse you of lacking patriotism. 

Without trying to understand, they make a caricature that is exaggerated. 

That is a poor way of dialogue. 

The Catholic News Agency is reporting that Nathan Phillips, the man who confronted a group of Catholic high school students at the Lincoln Memorial last Friday, attempted to disrupt Mass at the nation’s largest Catholic Church on Saturday.

While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.

The group of 20 demonstrators was stopped by shrine security as it tried to enter the church during its 5:15 pm Vigil Mass, according to a shrine security guard on duty during the Mass…

The guard told CNA the situation was “tense.”

“I’m just really grateful that nothing too bad happened, they were really angry.”

There is more evidence that Nathan Phillips is someone who looks to create confrontations, not someone who is the victim of one. His initial story about being surrounded by Catholic High students wasn’t true. His story about being blocked from proceeding wasn’t true. What is true is that he walked into the crowd followed by a cameraman and a guy telling the kids to go back to Europe. And it appears his stunt the next night at the Basilica was more of the same.

Just another brazen attempt to disparage Catholics and the right to life annual March on Washington to protest the practice of abortion.

I think that it’s quite odd  and disingenuous that this little insignificant incident is receiving so much attention by the media, When over 200,000  law abiding citizens, peacefully participated in the actual RTL March  there was virtually no media coverage. 

Edited by little2add

The big agenda is to discredit anti-abortion efforts.

Catholics are an easy target.    They are easily riled up to attack themselves.  

Evil talks a lot about “tolerance” when it’s weak. When evil is strong, real tolerance gets pushed out the door. And the reason is simple. Evil cannot bear the counter-witness of truth. It will not coexist peacefully with goodness, because evil insists on being seen as right, and worshiped as being right. Therefore, the good must be made to seem hateful and wrong.

The very existence of people, in the March for Life and elsewhere, who refuse to accept evil and who seek to act virtuously burns the conscience of those who don’t. And so, quite logically, people who march and lobby and speak out to defend the unborn child will be — and are — reviled by leaders and media and abortion activists that turn the right to kill an unborn child into a shrine to personal choice.

- Archbishop Chaput, Native American, dated 17th January (before this story broke)

http://archphila.org/archbishop-chaputs-weekly-column-marching-for-life-2019/

I don’t think Catholics  are exclusive  to being easily riled up in a attack

I thought the young man 16 years old behaved decently  in the video of the incident.  

If someone was in my face, pounding a drum and yelling I might not of been so cool.   

1 hour ago, little2add said:

I think that it’s quite odd  and disingenuous that this little insignificant incident is receiving so much attention by the media, When over 200,000  law abiding citizens, peacefully participated in the actual RTL March  there was virtually no media coverage. 

What I don't understand is this: Why is it newsworthy and vitriol-worthy that Sandmann (a white teen) abused a Native American, while it is not newsworthy and vitriol-worthy that a group of African-Americans were abusing him.

PS I'm Indian.

Edited by Jack4

3 hours ago, Jack4 said:

abusing

I agree it is funny that he black activists group has not been criticized as is the white teenager 

That being said I wouldn’t classify the action as abuse, it’s only words (free speech and all)

The Native American at the center of the controversy is from what I’ve seen the agitator and the news media is twisting the facts  to fit there narrative that catholic’s are bad. 

5 hours ago, Jack4 said:

What I don't understand is this: Why is it newsworthy and vitriol-worthy that Sandmann (a white teen) abused a Native American, while it is not newsworthy and vitriol-worthy that a group of African-Americans were abusing him.

PS I'm Indian.

We basically get to do whatever we want now as payback for slavery.

dominicansoul
On 1/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Josh said:

And if you want to deck yourself in maga white supremacy gear expect problems.

image.png.85fe3f486e2ef7532ca1abf3ec706985.png

image.thumb.png.473b091532fb3138519dd6037151340e.png

4 hours ago, little2add said:

That being said I wouldn’t classify the action as abuse, it’s only words (free speech and all)

Abuse verb 3. speak to (someone) in an insulting and offensive way.

13 minutes ago, Jack4 said:

Abuse verb 3. speak to (someone) in an insulting and offensive way.

See: the First Amendment to the United States Constitution