An Old School Catholic Message Board

I am the bread of life

Gary david

Hi. I thought I might post this to share with you. I will watch this at times so that I may not loose sight of things. With all thats going on in the church and the world this takes me back to what my life and all of ours is really about. I ask God the Father to watch over and bless us all.......

We used to sing "I am the Bread of Life" regularly during Mass.  Sadly, I have not heard it during Mass for a long time now.  It is a beautiful hymn and thank you for posting it, Gary.

57 minutes ago, Gary david said:

so that I may not loose sight of things. With all thats going on in the church and the world this takes me back to what my life and all of ours is really about. I ask God the Father to watch over and bless us all.......

Amen.

It has seemed that in my previous parish and the parish where I reside now that there is an emphasis on us learning new hymns, rather than singing the long standing ones.   I miss the "oldies".    Thankfully, at least with YouTube I can still listen and even sing along with them.  I have some hymns on CD's and can play them in the background as I go about the house.

Two other favorites of mine are:

Those two songs are so beautiful as well. They sooth the soul. And your right about the church not singing the songs they used to. You know looking back at the way mass used to be is not all in my mind. It really was so much more than today. How wrong can i be looking at the church today. But I do feel blessed having memories of how it was. Just so sad to see it now.

Well I thank you for the songs and I ask God the Father to bless you and your day tomorrow. Goodnight for now.....

27 minutes ago, Gary david said:

I ask God the Father to bless you and your day tomorrow. Goodnight for now.....

..........His Blessings on your days also, Gary.  Undoubtedly, we will meet again in these forums :like2: so au revoir for now.