It is that proverbial pebble in a pool

---o0o---

mary-mother-of-the-church-standard-gold-

10th June is the feast

of

Mary, Mother of The Church

POPE FRANCIS

Prayer to Mary, Mother of the Church and Mother of our faith*

https://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/prayers/documents/papa-francesco_preghiere_20130629_maria-lumen-fidei.html 

Mother, help our faith! 
Open our ears to hear God’s word and to recognize his voice and call. 
Awaken in us a desire to follow in his footsteps, to go forth from our own land and to receive his promise. 
Help us to be touched by his love, that we may touch him in faith. 
Help us to entrust ourselves fully to him and to believe in his love, especially at times of trial, beneath the shadow of the cross, when our faith is called to mature. 
Sow in our faith the joy of the Risen One. 
Remind us that those who believe are never alone. 
Teach us to see all things with the eyes of Jesus, that he may be light for our path. And may this light of faith always increase in us, until the dawn of that undying day which is Christ himself, your Son, our Lord!

*Prayer to Mary at the conclusion of the Encyclical Lumen Fidei (29 June 2013)

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Instead of allowing yourself to be so unhappy, just let your love grow as God wants it to grow. Seek goodness in others. Love more persons more—love them more impersonally, more unselfishly, without thought of return. The return, never fear, will take care of itself.

… Henry Drummond (1851-1897)

The-Lord-Bless-You.png

May the God of beginning again be with you.

May that God hold you near as you grieve what is past and move with faith into what is to be.

May the hand of God carry you across the darkness of loss into light.

May your courage and your trust become for those around you a living witness to the mystery of death and rising.

May the God of beginning again bless you.

- Maxine Shonk, OP.  Blessing Upon Blessing: A Book of Blessings.

3 hours ago, Gary david said:

I just stopped by to wish you a blessed day Barbara. 

Thank you, Gary.  And a blessed day to you also. :) 

051916_0049_GodisLove1.png

Man (and woman, of course) still retains within himself the need to love a perfect object that will never disappoint him and to be himself loved totally and unconditionally. These needs can be met only in a relationship with God Himself. Otherwise, we go on demanding unattainable absolutes from human beings.

- Tom Marshall

St.-Teresa-of-Avila.jpg?fit=500,495&ssl=

Saint Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)
Carmelite, Doctor of the Church
The Interior Castle, The Third Dwelling Places, Chapter 1

Detachment and Perseverance

"We seem to think that everything is done when we willingly take and wear the religious habit and abandon all worldly things and possessions for Him – even though these possessions may amount to no more than the nets St. Peter possessed, for he who gives what he has thinks he gives enough. This renunciation is a good enough preparation if one perseveres in it and doesn’t turn back …There is no doubt that if a person perseveres in this nakedness and detachment from all worldly things he will reach his goal. But this perseverance includes the condition – and note that I am advising you of this – that you consider yourselves useless servants, as St. Paul, or Christ, says; and believe that you have not put our Lord under any obligation to grant you these kinds of favors. Rather, as one who has received more, you are more indebted."

So you also, when you have done everything commanded of you, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’” 

(Luke Chapter 17)