An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quotations that Motivate & Inspire

BarbTherese

Happy Feast Day to all members of the Franciscan Order.

St Clare, pray for The Church Militant on earth that we be blest and gifted to be makers of peace.

0811-624x468.png

Wonderful quotes Barbara as always. How are you feeling? And buddie? I hope things are well. God bless you Barbara....gary

I am cruising along through the ups and downs like the rest of us, Gary.  Thank you for asking.

Both Buddie and Missie (my cat) have been to the vet and Buddie goes again today for his arthritis shot.  They are ok, just getting old like me when things can start to break down somewhat.

Cheers and God bless.........Barb

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Haaahaa. I'm laughing because it beats crying. Not much to do about us getting old Barbara, not much at all except for excepting it. I guess there are so many that didnt make it as far as did in life, they have long ago left thus earth. Maybe we did something wrong in a past life Barbara and the punishment is staying here haaahaa. No i consider it a blessing to be here to help as many as possible before we are called home. 

Talk to later Barbara ok. God bless you...gary

louise-humility-featured.jpg

“If we wish to give satisfaction to our good God, we must not stop to consider what we would like to do, but rather what he wishes us to do. Our Lord will know where to find you when he intends to give you other work to do.”
– St. Louise de Marillac

Our-Lady-of-Fatima-Children-700x438.jpg

Third Secret of Fatima: The Best-Kept Secret of the 20th Century

FR. NICHOLAS SHEEHY, LC

https://catholicexchange.com/third-secret-of-fatima-the-best-kept-secret-of-the-20th-century?mc_cid=5edc0530dd&mc_eid=39e1626b60

Excerpts: The Angel’s message asking for penance in order to avoid earthly catastrophes should be taken to heart. The message of Fatima is consistent with the message revealed in the Third Secret. Prayer and devotion to the Blessed Virgin should be coupled with penance. Mary can avert disasters because of her special relationship with her Son.............

...............Curiously, the rise in apostasy has not ended the era of martyrs. For the 20th century has witnessed on the contrary a multiplication of martyrs, both clergy and laity. Russia itself proved to be a country rich in martyrs and persecution of the Christianity. The exhortation of the Blessed Virgin to prayer and penance has not been heeded sufficiently and thus she has not been able to intervene as she would have liked. The conversion of Russia is still lacking.

In Fatima, Mary asked the shepherd-children to pray for the Holy Father. Her message would be difficult for him, but also a source of consolation and strength. What is clear about the secret is that it is a call to prayer for bishops and especially the Pope. The Church of the 20th and now 21st century is a Church that faces persecution and needs the protection of prayer and Mary’s mantle.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!

Do we see in the above the reason The Church and the world is in such confusion?  Am I playing my part in prayer and penance?

2 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

FR. NICHOLAS SHEEHY, LC

https://catholicexchange.com/third-secret-of-fatima-the-best-kept-secret-of-the-20th-century?mc_cid=5edc0530dd&mc_eid=39e1626b60

Do we see in the above the reason The Church and the world is in such confusion?  Am I playing my part in prayer and penance?

The world does what it does out greed, selfishness and all sorts of desires contrary to God. The results as we see are punishments and they are automatic when a wrong choice is made for the wrong reasons. We see this spreading throught the world like wildfire. People do not take heed to much if anything concerning God. The Virgin Mary has tried so often to intercede on our behalf but we do not listen. I do believe we haven't seen anything yet. If we think things are bad now we certainly are in for a very big shock at anytime soon. God has given us free will and just look what weve done with it. Do we really think that our Father will just sit back and keep waiting for us to obey Him? I rather doubt it. He is a most loving God for certain. But what does a loving caring parent do with a disobedient disrespectful child that has oudone its chances? The end is most unpleasant but very nessesary for the good of the child. It always has been up to us. We have the perfect teacher but unwilling to listen.

2 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

FR. NICHOLAS SHEEHY, LC

The world does what it does out greed, selfishness and all sorts of desires contrary to God. The results as we see are punishments and they are automatic when a wrong choice is made for the wrong reasons. We see this spreading throught the world like wildfire. People do not take heed to much if anything concerning God. The Virgin Mary has tried so often to intercede on our behalf but we do not listen. I do believe we haven't seen anything yet. If we think things are bad now we certainly are in for a very big shock at anytime soon. God has given us free will and just look what weve done with it. Do we really think that our Father will just sit back and keep waiting for us to obey Him? I rather doubt it. He is a most loving God for certain. But what does a loving caring parent do with a disobedient disrespectful child that has oudone its chances? The end is most unpleasant but very nessesary for the good of the child. It always has been up to us. We have the perfect teacher but unwilling to listen.

5 hours ago, Gary david said:

I agree Gary.  If The Church and the world is in a mess, we have to look at ourselves first and primarily, our responsibility in the mess.  This echos what Gary has said about the message of Our Lady at Fatima........that we must pray and do penance.  Our Lady, mother of Jesus, can only intervene in the situation to the degree that we do pray and make acts of penance:

""You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

and

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.'

Both the above quotations come from Matthew Chapter 5. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PVE.HTM

13 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I agree Gary.  If The Church and the world is in a mess, we have to look at ourselves first and primarily, our responsibility in the mess.  This echos what Gary has said about the message of Our Lady at Fatima........that we must pray and do penance.  Our Lady, mother of Jesus, can only intervene in the situation to the degree that we do pray and make acts of penance:

""You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

and

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.'

Both the above quotations come from Matthew Chapter 5. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PVE.HTM

Good morning Barbara how are you? I know there is good in this world and i see the good in places around me but on the whole there is not much good in the way people generally live and treat each other. I try to be objective and not just look for the bad but i really dont see a balance between the two. And I hope I'm wrong bur i really dont think people are going to change their ways simply brcause God said so or even because its the right thing to do. People are becoming so accustomed to their ways now that they cannot see the fact that they have become fools because if their choices. I guess Jesus meant what He said when He stated the the road to hell is wide and the path to heaven narrow.

2 hours ago, Gary david said:

Good morning Barbara how are you? I know there is good in this world and i see the good in places around me but on the whole there is not much good in the way people generally live and treat each other. I try to be objective and not just look for the bad but i really dont see a balance between the two. And I hope I'm wrong bur i really dont think people are going to change their ways simply brcause God said so or even because its the right thing to do. People are becoming so accustomed to their ways now that they cannot see the fact that they have become fools because if their choices. I guess Jesus meant what He said when He stated the the road to hell is wide and the path to heaven narrow.

I am cruising along ok, Gary, trust you are also.  It is 8.33pm just now as I hit SUBMIT REPLY .  I don't know what your experience or that of others might be, but it takes quite a few minutes before my reply actually posts.

This world worries me because it means we are not doing our part as we should.  I see good as well, but in the balance, I think this world does not have good outweighing the bad/unsavoury or heading in that negative direction.  If we have problems in The Church and the world am I praying and doing penance for The Holy Father and our Bishops as Our Lady of Fatima asked?  Apparently not, with all the problems at this point in The Church and coming from/permitted by our hierarchy.  An even worse scenario would be if our hierarchy has no idea what to do, or even worse than that, cannot see the problem even.

If we are "the salt of the earth" then I think we have either lost our way, or heading well down that road.  And I think I can see why....with "think" operative (another subject).   Our barometer as Jesus has told us is the affect we are having.  We today are only a blimp in the big picture.  Jesus will be victorious finally - but until then?.........and how far further in years, hundreds of year, perhaps thousands or tens of thousands of years must humanity travel and what will happen in the interim?---------

Back in 2010, Pope Benedict hit the nail on the head: "Today we see in a truly terrifying way that the greatest persecution of the Church does not come from enemies on the outside, but is born of the sin within the Church," https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-benedict-fears-catholic-church-worst-enemy-sin-article-1.183697

the-bible-says-that-christians-are-the-s

6 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I am cruising along ok, Gary, trust you are also.  It is 8.33pm just now as I hit SUBMIT REPLY .  I don't know what your experience or that of others might be, but it takes quite a few minutes before my reply actually posts.

This world worries me because it means we are not doing our part as we should.  I see good as well, but in the balance, I think this world does not have good outweighing the bad/unsavoury or heading in that negative direction.  If we have problems in The Church and the world am I praying and doing penance for The Holy Father and our Bishops as Our Lady of Fatima asked?  Apparently not, with all the problems at this point in The Church and coming from/permitted by our hierarchy.  An even worse scenario would be if our hierarchy has no idea what to do, or even worse than that, cannot see the problem even.

If we are "the salt of the earth" then I think we have either lost our way, or heading well down that road.  And I think I can see why....with "think" operative (another subject).   Our barometer as Jesus has told us is the affect we are having.  We today are only a blimp in the big picture.  Jesus will be victorious finally - but until then?.........and how far further in years, hundreds of year, perhaps thousands or tens of thousands of years must humanity travel and what will happen in the interim?---------

Back in 2010, Pope Benedict hit the nail on the head: "Today we see in a truly terrifying way that the greatest persecution of the Church does not come from enemies on the outside, but is born of the sin within the Church," https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-benedict-fears-catholic-church-worst-enemy-sin-article-1.183697

the-bible-says-that-christians-are-the-s

Hi Barbara. I worry as well for humanity especially the children. Seems no one gives much regard for the children and what their choices are doing to them. People have become so beaver dam selfish that they dont give thought to any of this. Seems not much thought at all is given towards the good and our children's future either in the light if how this planet is treated or their spiritual welfare. Thats a pretty sad and frightening thought, you know that. See you later Barbara and may God bless you....gary

On 8/11/2019 at 5:36 AM, BarbaraTherese said:

Happy Feast Day to all members of the Franciscan Order.

St Clare, pray for The Church Militant on earth that we be blest and gifted to be makers of peace.

0811-624x468.png

If we love nothing then we become nothing. How true these words really are. Unfortunately only the ones that truly love can see the worth of these words. Nice post Barbara. God bless.....gary