An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quotations that Motivate & Inspire

BarbTherese

I did not post this quotation

I have no idea how it came to be attributed to me :) 

19 minutes ago, Gary david said:

Hi Barbara............... Seems no one gives much regard for the children and what their choices are doing to them. People have become so beaver dam selfish that they dont give thought to any of this.

It is easy to forget these quite pointed words of Jesus:

"'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for(to) one of these least brothers of mine, you did for (to) me."

These words apply too I think to our time and contributions on the internet - they can be scary type words when one reads what follows them in Matthew Chapter 25  http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PVY.HTM

Edited by BarbaraTherese

The above quotation reminds me of the Miserere :

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy.
According unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies remove my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquities, and cleanse me from my sin.
I knowingly confess my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against Thee only have I sinned, and done evil before Thee: that they may be justified in Thy sayings, and might they overcome when I am judged.
But behold, I was formed in iniquity: and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, Thou desirest truth in my innermost being: and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.
Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, make me whiter than snow.
Open my ears and make me hear of joy and gladness: and my bones that have been humbled shall rejoice.
Turn away Thy face from my sins: and remember not all my misdeeds.
Create in me a clean heart, O God: and make anew a righteous spirit within my body.
Do not cast me away from Thy presence: and take not Thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
I will teach those that are unjust Thy ways: and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.
Deliver me from blood, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing of Thy righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips: and my mouth shall spring forth Thy praise.
For Thou desirest no sacrifice, where others would: with burnt offerings Thou wilt not be delighted.
Sacrifices of God are broken spirits: dejected and contrite hearts, O God, Thou wilt not despise.
Deal favorably, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Zion: build Thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with small and large burnt offerings: then shall they lay calves upon your altar.

9 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

0817-624x468.png

If God didnt protect me i would be the worst person in the world. Think about this. Perfect evidence as to why the world is the way it is. You cannot expect Gods protection if you yourself do not stand before Him in obedience and faith that says He is your one and only God. And how so do the people complain about their lives after continually making choices apart fron God. You know i am speaking now from personal experience. Now I asked God for help and i know He heard me. I was also aware that He wouldnt just hand over what i sought from Him on a silver platter, thats just not His way. But i never stopped loving Him and just kept asking. Then i stopped asking for something particular and told Him to do whatever it is He knows is right. I felt better with that because i am human and i really dont know whats best, only God does. He needed to see just how deep my faith was, and after I showed Him then He decided to show me something. At the twinkling of His eye He gave me everything i needed and He set me free. The things He freed me from were given by others in life and were not mine and were released from me allowing me to be who i was created to be. It was a miracle in the making from the instant i reached out to Him. It wasent easy but nessesary. Just thought i woul post this for others. For others that may feel the need to reach out to Him. He will most certainly do it, you just need to stick by Him and know He will give you exactly what you need just when you need it.

It is a great mystery!

When I give thanks for the ways I am happily blest, I give thanks too for the sins God's Grace alone has prevented me from committing repenting anew for where I failed that Grace.  I share a fallen human nature with all.

When I reflect on the various crossroads in my life, I give thanks to The Grace of God.

"All is Grace" St Therese of Lisieux also wrote that if she had not entered religious life, she would have been a great sinner. I have not entered religious life to stay, but I know the choices I faced at various points.  Why I chose the good is a great mystery.  I am loved no more nor less than all my brothers and sisters.

The happy blessings in life are a time for thanksgiving - these same blessings also humble into the dust from which we are made.

I can truly say with feeling from the heart -  "There, but for the Grace of God, go I" : 

1.jpg

Edited by BarbaraTherese

47 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

It is a great mystery!

When I give thanks for the ways I am happily blest, I give thanks too for the sins God's Grace alone has prevented me from committing repenting anew for where I failed that Grace.  I share a fallen human nature with all.

When I reflect on the various crossroads in my life, I give thanks to The Grace of God.

"All is Grace" St Therese of Lisieux also wrote that if she had not entered religious life, she would have been a great sinner. I have not entered religious life to stay, but I know the choices I faced at various points.  Why I chose the good is a great mystery.  I am loved no more nor less than all my brothers and sisters.

The happy blessings in life are a time for thanksgiving - these same blessings also humble into the dust from which we are made.

I can truly say with feeling from the heart -  "There, but for the Grace of God, go I" : 

1.jpg

Well i dont know what else to add to these words except sharing the experience of Gods love with others that they to may find the freedom He offers from releasing us from the bonds of this earth that may perpetuate Gods freedom to others. Well chosen image Barbara. One never knows what may lie around the very next corner for each and every one of us. One thing is for certain though, each of us will be tested on just how much faith we have.

Nice post Barbara and good morning to you as well. May God bless you and keep you........gary

Actually, Gary, I hope you won't mind but I think of things a bit differently - and if I rave on for a bit:rolleyes:.   I hold that God does not test anyone. He knows whether our Faith is strong and just how strong it might be.  Times of difficulty and suffering strengthen Faith.  If there is any sort of test, it is to reveal to oneself one's inner strength.  Not that that inner strength comes from the person, rather it is Jesus and His Strength in us.

It is easy to believe when things are all peaches and cream, it is when things are all gaul and vinegar that Faith is put under stress and is strengthened by the struggle to hold to Faith under very real stress.  In all that very human stress, all the gaul and vinegar, at our centre is Jesus and His Saving Grace - whether we know it or not and whether we feel it or not, whether we believe it or not.  He is there, Forever Faithful, Forever Embracing in Divine Love and Mercy, Infinite and Eternal Love and Mercy for His creatures and creation, all of us without any exception at all.  The Good Lord knows us better than we could ever know ourselves.

As a member of the Laity, I believe that I am called into the world for the world as my personal vocational call from God- not to reject or hold the world in disdain. The Good Lord loves all that He has created.  "For creation awaits with eager expectation the revelation of the children of God" and groans in a"common travail" with us (Romans Ch 4) And if I want to know if I truly love God............

"How can you say you love God, whom you cannot see, if you do not love your neighbour whom you can see" (Second Letter of St John, Chaper 4)

There is a line I especially embrace in the Miserere - it is also prayed in the Divine Office - it is the psalmist reminding God (downright bold and cheeky!) that we are conceived sinful sinners:

" behold, I was formed in iniquity: and in sin did my mother conceive me."

St Vincent de Paul Reflection

Daily Reflection – August 17

“God does not ask you to go beyond the means he has given you.”
– St. Vincent de Paul

47 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Actually, Gary, I hope you won't mind but I think of things a bit differently - and if I rave on for a bit:rolleyes:.   I hold that God does not test anyone. He knows whether our Faith is strong and just how strong it might be.  Times of difficulty and suffering strengthen Faith.  If there is any sort of test, it is to reveal to oneself one's inner strength.  Not that that inner strength comes from the person, rather it is Jesus and His Strength in us.

It is easy to believe when things are all peaches and cream, it is when things are all gaul and vinegar that Faith is put under stress and is strengthened by the struggle to hold to Faith under very real stress.  In all that very human stress, all the gaul and vinegar, at our centre is Jesus and His Saving Grace - whether we know it or not and whether we feel it or not, whether we believe it or not.  He is there, Forever Faithful, Forever Embracing in Divine Love and Mercy, Infinite and Eternal Love and Mercy for His creatures and creation, all of us without any exception at all.  The Good Lord knows us better than we could ever know ourselves.

As a member of the Laity, I believe that I am called into the world for the world as my personal vocational call from God- not to reject or hold the world in disdain. The Good Lord loves all that He has created.  "For creation awaits with eager expectation the revelation of the children of God" and groans in a"common travail" with us (Romans Ch 4) And if I want to know if I truly love God............

"How can you say you love God, whom you cannot see, if you do not love your neighbour whom you can see" (Second Letter of St John, Chaper 4)

There is a line I especially embrace in the Miserere - it is also prayed in the Divine Office - it is the psalmist reminding God (downright bold and cheeky!) that we are conceived sinful sinners:

" behold, I was formed in iniquity: and in sin did my mother conceive me."

I do see your point Barbara and you may very well be right. Either way it is by Gods arrangement. If He didnt want us to suffer we wouldnt. In other words He allows suffering for specific reasons. Just look at Jesus and what He endured and to the point where He asked His Father to take that cup from Him. His father only took that cup fron Him only after Jesus complied with the will of his Father. I dont have all the answers Barbara i just know having faith in what our Father says means everything. You could be right Barbara and you could be wrong but no one can ever be wrong in putting all of their faith in God.

1 minute ago, Gary david said:

I do see your point Barbara and you may very well be right. Either way it is by Gods arrangement. If He didnt want us to suffer we wouldnt. In other words He allows suffering for specific reasons. Just look at Jesus and what He endured and to the point where He asked His Father to take that cup from Him. His father only took that cup fron Him only after Jesus complied with the will of his Father. I dont have all the answers Barbara i just know having faith in what our Father says means everything. You could be right Barbara and you could be wrong but no one can ever be wrong in putting all of their faith in God.

And i would never mind if your opinion might differ from mine whatsoever. I will only hold my ground in matters of the truth in areas that i know for a fact that need no changing. I believe that whether its your way or my way in this regard will take us down the very same path. God bless Barbara....gary

9 hours ago, Gary david said:

You could be right Barbara and you could be wrong but no one can ever be wrong in putting all of their faith in God.

:)

2 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

0731-624x468.png

Hi Barbara! Just stopping by to wish you a blessed day. I hope your doing well and may God bless you....gary

chihuahua-624924_1280.jpg

Really cut picture, Gary.  Thank you for dropping by.  I am cruising along pretty much normally.  May The Good Lord continue to bless you also.

Have a blessed day,Gary, wherever you might be in your day.

little-friends-cartoon-illustration-two-

Edited by BarbaraTherese

55 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Really cut picture, Gary.  Thank you for dropping by.  I am cruising along pretty much normally.  May The Good Lord continue to bless you also.

Have a blessed day,Gary, wherever you might be in your day.

little-friends-cartoon-illustration-two-

Thank you for your blessings