An Old School Catholic Message Board

Talking with Vocations Directors

possiblesista

possiblesista

Hello everyone,
I have been in contact with the Vocation Director for the Sisters of Life. She is really nice, but I am not quite comfortable with her yet and have some questions I am afraid to ask because I think they are dumb questions. Prayers and advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Well done for having contacted those sisters. Would anyone here be able to answer some of the questions you have.  I am sure this sister will be very experienced in handling all sorts of different questions.

InCordeRegis

I have often found myself in the same situation...some of the communities I've corresponded with seemed to think my questions were a little odd or unnecessary, but there have been many times when just being open has been very helpful and praying lots before, during, and after askingsuch questions(or any for that matter! :-) ) and wording it well and carefully(without stressing about it ;-) ) is always  a huge help as well! If it will benefit your soul and help your vocation God will let good come out of it and will give the Sister the wisdom and grace to understand it in a caring way and to think of it as a normal question, because  those are things you need to or would like to know before discerning/entering there...don't be shy, asking questions is good and you should ask any questions that are important to you, no matter how silly you think they sound, the answer will help you discern if that is where god is calling you. And if that is where your meant to go they will take you seriously and kindly and won't think of any questions as dumb or unimportant. Always remember to seek the heavenly aid of our sweet Mama Mary at these moments(as well as in the little things of everyday life:-) ) and trust in her love and care for you...with her guiding and motherly hand you can never go astray and she will lead you lovingly and safely to our Lord always!

Praying for you!

God Bless You!

To Jesus through Mary,

INCORDEREGIS

And always remember the Bookmark of St. Teresa...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgxMlCDx1CzGD4pNqBpbo

Have you taken the advice that was given to you in the other thread about contacting the Sisters of Life, especially telling them that you are not yet Catholic?

Sister Leticia

Hello

Vocations directors are accustomed to all sorts of questions, and assumptions. A good VD won't be shocked or fazed by anything you ask.

However, Beatitude has referred to earlier threads, in which you told us that you're still only 16, not a Catholic or from a Catholic family, and won't be able to be received into the Church until you're 18 at the earliest. Presumably you've said this to the Sisters of Life? If so, no need to worry: the VD will know your questions come from someone who is still very young and doesn't come from a Catholic environment - maybe hasn't ever met any sisters? - and isn't in a position to begin discerning yet. 

If you haven't yet told the sisters, then now is a good opportunity to do so. 

possiblesista
On 6/3/2019 at 3:03 AM, beatitude said:

Have you taken the advice that was given to you in the other thread about contacting the Sisters of Life, especially telling them that you are not yet Catholic?

I have told the Sisters everything and are aware of my situation. As to the comment you made in my post regarding Confession, I have taken everyone else's advice. I actually have a fear of Confession and it is something I need to deal with, thanks to the pastor at my church. I will be 18 in less that 2 years. The reason I am trying to deal with this is for my own spiritual nourishment. Since my parents will not help me or anyone else, I have to figure out Catholicism.

1 hour ago, possiblesista said:

I have told the Sisters everything and are aware of my situation. As to the comment you made in my post regarding Confession, I have taken everyone else's advice. I actually have a fear of Confession and it is something I need to deal with, thanks to the pastor at my church. I will be 18 in less that 2 years. The reason I am trying to deal with this is for my own spiritual nourishment. Since my parents will not help me or anyone else, I have to figure out Catholicism.

I feel for you in your difficulties, and will keep you in prayer.