An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laughter is good medicine.....

BarbTherese

On 9/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, Gary david said:

100-Of-The-Funniest-Pictures-Ever-Seen-O

But this smaller one can................

sydney-funnel-web1.jpg

A member of a group of spiders known as Australian funnel-web spiders. Its bite is capable of causing serious illness or death in humans if left untreated. The Sydney funnel-web has a body length ranging from 1 to 5 cm (0.4 to 2 in).

11 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

But this smaller one can................

sydney-funnel-web1.jpg

A member of a group of spiders known as Australian funnel-web spiders. Its bite is capable of causing serious illness or death in humans if left untreated. The Sydney funnel-web has a body length ranging from 1 to 5 cm (0.4 to 2 in).

Oh wow Barbara! You better check inside your shoes from now on:ohno:.

really-funny-pics-pic-dump-friday-july-1

15 minutes ago, Gary david said:

Oh wow Barbara! You better check inside your shoes from now on:ohno:.

Nah, not me, Gary.  I dont live in Sydney New South Wales.  We South Aussies have this to be concerned about:

Redback.jpg

The red back spider

Danger to humans

They can cause serious illness and have caused deaths. However, since Redback Spiders rarely leave their webs, humans are not likely to be bitten unless a body part such as a hand is put directly into the web, and because of their small jaws many bites are ineffective.

I have outdoor furniture and redbacks regularly spin their webs in hidden parts of the furniture.  They seem to like too other areas underneath my pergola.  They can be nasty little critters if disturbed......some will run, others will stand their ground in attack mode.

White back spiders native to Sth Aust like the interior of homes and that's when you need to take care putting on shoes, in folds of clothing and even in beds. It wont kill, but it will cause pain big time.  We also have our own breed of funnel web spiders and huntsmen too.

Some research says we are never more than 3ft from a spider. 

Spiders?

.........laughter really is the best medicine. :lol3:

giphy.webp?cid=790b76111994041f95f0d7157

• 2 weeks later...