An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Good Omens" show on Amazon

dUSt

I've watched a couple episodes and don't get why 20,000 Christians signed a petition for it to be cancelled. What denomination considers humor a sin?

The show is about an angel and a demon who've become friends and are working together to stop the apocalypse from happening. It's completely silly.

I could name 100 shows that do more harm to society, but because they are not specifically dealing with religious-type subjects, I suppose there is no reason to boycott them? lol

Of course, I've only watched a couple episodes so far, but if I find something truly offensive, I'll update this thread.

People get all up in arms over the craziest stuff when there are so many better things to be fighting. At the same time, from what I've just read about the show, it sounds really dumb and it is kind of a mockery as if everyone knows there's really no such thing as God, or angels, or demons so let's just make a joke of the whole thing. I personally don't think I would want to watch it, not least of all because Martin Sheen is in it. Lol. 

Edited by Seven77