An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stranger Things

dUSt

Yeah. Didn't like season 2 as much. Love the 80's nostalgia, title graphics and everything! Great homage to several movies from back in the day. 

Looking forward to starting season 3.

Lol.  My wife and I were cajoled into watching it recently.    We will watch Season 1 finale tonight. 

It’s been tough for me to watch.  It’s pretty dark and I don’t like seeing kids portrayed in life or death danger.  It also seems very cavalier about the deaths of the science center personnel killed by 11.  

I don’t see it so 80’s either.   It’s more of a 70’s vibe.   I love the Pinto, tho.    My favorite car of my younger days. 

I watched the first season in one day when it first came out. Been trying to get through season 2 for months, so I can start season 3.

I grew up watching movies like Back to the Future, The Goonies, Stand By Me, ET, etc, etc, so am totally into the vibe of the show.

5 hours ago, dUSt said:

I watched the first season in one day when it first came out. Been trying to get through season 2 for months, so I can start season 3.

I grew up watching movies like Back to the Future, The Goonies, Stand By Me, ET, etc, etc, so am totally into the vibe of the show.

Yes! Same. Totally digging the vibe of the show.  it is kind of dark though!

Season two is more reminiscent of Gremlins, Ghostbusters, maybe some of those dumb teenager movies like 16 candles or something that I never really cared to watch, and not exactly sure what  other movies.

Just finished season one. 

It’s much darker than Gremlins.  It was intense. The questions of where is Eleven, what is Hopper’s obligation to the Agency, and what is up with Will?

Not A Mallard

Three episodes into season 3. It's definitely the darkest season so far.

Unless the rest of season 3 proves me wrong, I'd say season 1 was the best. Season 2 wasn't as exciting, but it had just as much heart, if not more.

This is frankly the only show I've been following for the past three years.

Edited by Not A Mallard

dominicansoul

I have watched this show from its first showing on Netflix.  Season 1 was better than Season 2.  I binge watched both seasons again and then binge watched the entire season 3 on the 4th of July.

Season 3 was the best of them all!  

Don't like the cussing, though.  So much blasphemy of His Holy Name...

4 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I have watched this show from its first showing on Netflix.  Season 1 was better than Season 2.  I binge watched both seasons again and then binge watched the entire season 3 on the 4th of July.

Season 3 was the best of them all!  

Don't like the cussing, though.  So much blasphemy of His Holy Name...

I agree about the misuse of the Holy Name. Also I thought there was way too much innuendo and inappropriate language and conduct as well at times.

10 hours ago, Not A Mallard said:

Three episodes into season 3. It's definitely the darkest season so far.

Unless the rest of season 3 proves me wrong, I'd say season 1 was the best. Season 2 wasn't as exciting, but it had just as much heart, if not more.

This is frankly the only show I've been following for the past three years.

Season three started off kind of slow I thought. I'm also three episodes in.  It's getting good. At times like get this feeling that the show loses steam at points, almost like the directors don't exactly know where they're going with this, so they need to come up with unnecessary drama and they are really stretching out the plot…  Now it  seems that there's another character that has weird things happening to him, kind of like what happened to Will.

Not A Mallard

I had mixed feelings about Stranger Things 3 overall, from the gratuitous profanity to the over-the-top gore, but that finale was a masterpiece. It stressed me out, it made me cry... Please, don't make a Stranger Things 4; leave it at this.

Finished season 3. I was impressed by the last episode. The sequence with the unexpected music...utterly hilarious.

But yes, the blasphemy was just so prevalent. :(

I know that nobody will give it away but please, no spoilers! Just in case.

Finished episode five. Getting really good. What's going to happen!??  I hope they get that accursed demigorgon thing once and for all.

Edited by Seven77

Yes, please WARN us if you are about to say something related to plot in Season 3 so we can stop reading. Ha. 

Maximilianus

***Spoiler Alert*****

I like that one scene where that thing happened and then that one kid said that thing to the other kid.  Intense