An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stranger Things

dUSt

2 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

***Spoiler Alert*****

I like that one scene where that thing happened and then that one kid said that thing to the other kid.  Intense

**********SPOILERRRRRRR***********

I kno rite?

I can’t do it.  Just watched third episode of S2 when Will confronts the shadow to ill effect. 

Life is too short to purposely watch a show that makes me feel unpleasant. I just don’t like kids in peril. 

Not A Mallard
On 7/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, chrysostom said:

Finished season 3. I was impressed by the last episode. The sequence with the unexpected music...utterly hilarious.

But yes, the blasphemy was just so prevalent. :(

***ACTUAL SPOILER ALERT***

The showdown in the mall, and whenever it cut to something else, had me freaking out like nothing since my first viewing of Aliens. And then the ending got me more emotional than Endgame.

On 7/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, dUSt said:

Anybody watch Stranger Things on Netflix?

I'm on Season 2.

I've never had Netflix. I'm signing up tommorow despite reading a thread on Catholic Answers that says I shouldn't. I'm excited to watch Stranger Things and all the other stuff I've missed out on.

Edited by Guest

dominicansoul
6 hours ago, Josh said:

I've never had Netflix. I'm signing up tommorow despite reading a thread on Catholic Answers that says I shouldn't. I'm excited to watch Stranger Things and all the other stuff I've missed out on.

Honestly, Netflix really kinda sux.  Their movie choices aren't all that great.  I would not subscribe to them, only watch Stranger Things and then cut if off...except I have so many people using my account... lol!

8 hours ago, Josh said:

I cancelled Netflix once because of a talk show by a comedian who aired an entire episode celebrating abortion. They cancelled that show after one season so I signed back up. It smells of elderberries giving money to companies who support immorality but I’m not disciplined enough to avoid it. Just support the good shows and don’t watch the bad ones. 

Netflix does indeed smell of elderberries....  almost literally keeping it because of Stranger Things, a handful of movies, Street Food, and Daredevil season three.

At the end of Season 2 I was hoping they gave Erica a bigger role in Season 3. 

"You can't spell America without Erica". LOL

She's amesome.

42 minutes ago, dUSt said:

At the end of Season 2 I was hoping they gave Erica a bigger role in Season 3. 

"You can't spell America without Erica". LOL

She's amesome.

And, minor spoiler, if you haven't finished episode six…

she so happens to be a nerd.:nerd:

Watching it.  On episode 5 of season 3.  I am enjoying it, but it is not great. Don't like the typical girls are amesome smart and tough, and boys are bumbling doofuses. 

dominicansoul

I guess I wanted to see more of the ELEVEN we grew to love in Season 1... ELEVEN in Season 3 is too normal... you would think after being pretty much a lab rat all her life, with incredible powers she probably doesn't even understand, she would have a harder time adjusting... 

Edited by dominicansoul

13 hours ago, Papist said:

Watching it.  On episode 5 of season 3.  I am enjoying it, but it is not great. Don't like the typical girls are amesome smart and tough, and boys are bumbling doofuses. 

I don't mind moral strength in the women, but I was also turned off for a while by the stupidity of the main male characters, with the exception of Jonathan Byers. I'm annoyed that I see this so often. I suspect many screenwriters do not fully understand what masculine virtue looks like, or feminine virtue for that matter.

I was mollified by episode 8, though.

Just finished Season 3.

::::::: SPOILER ALERT FOR SEASON 3 ENDING :::::::

Me cry. Me cry long time.

Also, to me it felt a lot like a series finale, not just a season finale. I thought for sure they'd take it in a way different direction for Season 4... but then I saw the last part after a few credit rolled. Ugh. More demidoggy for Season 4. Getting kinda old now.

13 hours ago, dUSt said:

Just finished Season 3.

::::::: SPOILER ALERT FOR SEASON 3 ENDING :::::::

Me cry. Me cry long time.

Also, to me it felt a lot like a series finale, not just a season finale. I thought for sure they'd take it in a way different direction for Season 4... but then I saw the last part after a few credit rolled. Ugh. More demidoggy for Season 4. Getting kinda old now.

Yes I thought it was a good tie-off for the whole series.

Not that they would ever do that - ST is probably one of the main reasons large amounts of people even still have Netflix, it's a flagship. Only reason I still have it is because it's a shared family account.