An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stranger Things

dUSt

Just finished episode eight. I laughed, I cried. It was really emotional and It really got to me.  Never seen anything like it before.

Major spoilers below:

Wow. It was a good ending but why did the Beyers family really have to move again? Also, is it possible that Hopper is actually still alive, maybe getting trapped, sucked into the gate just before the  destruction?

11 is so powerful to watch. She is almost unearthly (Like that princess in "the never ending story" but so human. How can you not cry or get teary-eyed when she's reading that note, or even to see that last scene between her and Mike? And hugging her friends, etc.

The self sacrifices…I really felt bad for Billy at the end.  Poor dude was so broken that he was so susceptible to the mind flayer… But his goodness, rooting back to a time of innocence as a child, overcame.  He was genuinely sorry for all the harm he caused and for the bullying towards his sister. 

Hey did anyone catch the scene when Joyce closes the gates--- pulls the keys and stretches back, cruciform?

One more thing… Can somebody please tell me when the theme song of the movie," The never-ending story" Is supposed to  fade out of your head?

Edited by Seven77

Not A Mallard
21 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

The self sacrifices…I really felt bad for Billy at the end.  Poor dude was so broken that he was so susceptible to the mind flayer… But his goodness, rooting back to a time of innocence as a child, overcame.  He was genuinely sorry for all the harm he caused and for the bullying towards his sister.

That was one thing I really appreciated. Ever since he was introduced, he was the most unsympathetic character, totally fit for the Mind Flayer to possess, yet he was given a chance to redeem himself.

Granted, if he had survived, it would have taken a lot more work for him to be redeemed to the extent Steve, the bully-turned-MVP, was.

Season 1 Steve and Season 3 Steve are so different. Lol. This can be illustrated no better than him wearing the ridiculous sailor outfit the entire season. Haha. 

Him and the girl after getting drugged by the Russians was a highlight of the whole season for me. 

14 hours ago, dUSt said:

Season 1 Steve and Season 3 Steve are so different. Lol. This can be illustrated no better than him wearing the ridiculous sailor outfit the entire season. Haha. 

Him and the girl after getting drugged by the Russians was a highlight of the whole season for me. 

"Scoops Troop"

dominicansoul

MAJOR SPOILERS

”3 Inches!!!” 

I think this is a major clue, it’s more than the obligatory rule of Elevens door...it’s a dang CLUE

HOPPER doesn’t disintegrate He’s able to get through the gate because it’s not entirely closed!!!!  It’s inches apart, even shows that at the end...somehow his body gets sucked into the upside down (like elevens body did in season one battling the demogorgon.). Hopper winds up finding his way back through another gate that’s been opened in Russia... !!!

i thought I was sooo brilliant to come up with this theory until I read some fan forums and a bunch of people came up with the same theory lol!  

59 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

MAJOR SPOILERS

”3 Inches!!!” 

I think this is a major clue, it’s more than the obligatory rule of Elevens door...it’s a dang CLUE

HOPPER doesn’t disintegrate He’s able to get through the gate because it’s not entirely closed!!!!  It’s inches apart, even shows that at the end...somehow his body gets sucked into the upside down (like elevens body did in season one battling the demogorgon.). Hopper winds up finding his way back through another gate that’s been opened in Russia... !!!

i thought I was sooo brilliant to come up with this theory until I read some fan forums and a bunch of people came up with the same theory lol!  

Spoilers!

Yes! I really do think that Hopper made it through… Ending up in Russia, in that prison, as "the American." It has to be him. He would be known as the American for sure because he doesn't know  a single bit of Russian.

And you made me think of something… Because he got sucked into the upside down once, his body could survive it again. 

Edited by Seven77

Not A Mallard
1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

Spoilers!

Yes! I really do think that Hopper made it through… Ending up in Russia, in that prison, as "the American." It has to be him. He would be known as the American for sure because he doesn't know  a single bit of Russian.

And you made me think of something… Because he got sucked into the upside down once, his body could survive it again. 

MORE SPOILERS

That's why I want the series to end at this. Don't put us through an emotional roller coaster only to cheaply undo it. I mean, I love Wrath of Khan, and Search for Spock is all about undoing Wrath of Khan, and I still like Search for Spock, but Star Trek is straight-up sci-fi; Stranger Things isn't. (...Stranger Things 4: The Search for Hopper)

Of course, the mid-credits scene explicitly teases season 4, but that tease opens up serious holes. How the heck are the Russians keeping a demogorgon captive when demogorgons can phase through walls?

It's like, both the finales of the last two seasons worked as series finales, until the tacked-on teasers for the next seasons.

Edited by Not A Mallard

dominicansoul

I’m not sure when the new season starts.  Netflix has been iffy about bringing it back. Maybe they will wind up making a theatrical motion picture instead.  That would be really coool...

im kinda scared though... I think if hopper doesn’t come back it makes it easier for other beloved characters to be killed off... and this all might end with the loss of eleven...

Edited by dominicansoul