Sign in to follow this  
Seven77

Verbum (Logos) Bible Software

Seven77

Anyone got this? It's crazy expensive.  Not  being able to  turn pages in the physical Bible, I'm looking for a digital one package solution that will allow me to highlight, take notes. One option is an e-book version of the Revised Standard version Catholic edition which I have but it can be a little bit difficult to navigate easily. The other option I have is reading that version on this website, BibleGateway.com which is free for taking notes and marking highlights. But I've been looking at this Verbum thing--- there's one package for $99 that has all the basics and more-- Catechism, etc. not exactly sure if it has the RSV CE second edition though, It is pretty tempting.

Has anyone here actually used Verbum? Is it worth it for serious Bible study?

Red Knight

I use the app on my tablet.  The app is free to install and use and comes with "The Douay-Rheims, King James Version, Clementine Vulgate, Novum Testamentum Graece (Tischendorf), The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, Lexham English Bible."  It also includes "The Catholic Lectionary, The Roman Catechism, Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), Thomas a Kempis’ The Imitation of Christ, Newman’s An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, Chesterton’s Orthodoxy, and many more."

You can purchase additional resources.  Some of the free ones you can download to your device, some require internet access.  I haven't done "serious" Bible study with it, but it is a nice resource.