An Old School Catholic Message Board

Father Marcelo Rossi pushed off stage [VIDEO]

dUSt

This was during a youth event in Brazil yesterday. The priest is ok. The lady has mental health issues. 

I guess Father Rossi is pretty popular in Brazil and viewed as anti-Traditional. 

That was crazy. You noted he was anti-Traditional. Did it have anything to do with the assult?

Edited by Guest

Oh my glory…  That was so horrendous to watch… Very disturbing. Makes me want to cry.

I may have seen him speak before… He is charismatic. I'm talking about Holy Spirit charismatic… Catholic charismatic…

I just saw this video in which he got up, completely unharmed, saying that the devil hates him and he thanked Our Lady for saving him.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, Josh said:

That was crazy. You noted he was anti-Traditional. Did it have anything to do with the assult?

To be fair,  Dust said that he was viewed as anti-traditional, not necessarily that he is…

Also, who knows what the motive is. But I do think it is very unlikely that the lady pushed him off because she thought he was anti-traditional… I mean we're talking about Brazil and they are not even too many people who are traditional, in the Latin Mass type of traditional. Plus, the lady wasn't wearing a skirt or dress… If she were traditional in that sense, she wouldn't be wearing jeans to Mass. Kind of a joke but mostly true I think! Anyway, it is more likely that it is a different reason… Again, we are talking about Brazil and I could be that she didn't like him speaking out on some moral issues…

Lilllabettt
On 7/15/2019 at 10:55 AM, dUSt said:

This was during a youth event in Brazil yesterday. The priest is ok. The lady has mental health issues. 

I guess Father Rossi is pretty popular in Brazil and viewed as anti-Traditional. 

Is it still automatic excommunication to strike a priest?