An Old School Catholic Message Board

4K TV. Is it worth it?

Seven77

What do you guys think? I have several DVDs that will probably look absolutely terrible on this resolution. But then I also mostly watch EWTN, plan to watch some shows through the streaming app, another streaming app, Catholic TV network I discovered recently, shalom world TV, Netflix and Amazon prime and some sports, etc.

Lilllabettt
55 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

What do you guys think? I have several DVDs that will probably look absolutely terrible on this resolution. But then I also mostly watch EWTN, plan to watch some shows through the streaming app, another streaming app, Catholic TV network I discovered recently, shalom world TV, Netflix and Amazon prime and some sports, etc.

You're talking about a $4,000 tv? Correct?

If you have the money, why not. If it's a main amusement for you, go for it. Maybe volunteer to host a superbowl party or state of the union watch party (they exist). 

9 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

You're talking about a $4,000 tv? Correct?

If you have the money, why not. If it's a main amusement for you, go for it. Maybe volunteer to host a superbowl party or state of the union watch party (they exist). 

Heck no! I'm talking about a $200-$300  TV. 4K refers to the resolution of the TV, not the cost, LOL.

Edited by Seven77

Lilllabettt
5 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

Heck no! I'm talking about a $200-$300  TV. 4K refers to the resolution of the TV, not the cost, LOL.

Ok well you know what I think :smile4:

I'm a fan of art, so I'm always going to try to view or listen to art how the artist intended. That means I try not to listen to music for the first time on earbuds or laptop speakers, and I try to watch film and media on the resolution it was shot.

I guess what I'm saying is, yes to 4K. Lol. Of course, with that said, some 1080p HD TVs look better than 4K TVs. How a picture looks has a lot more factors than just the resolution. I'd still prefer a 1080p plasma over most LCD 4K TVs being sold today.

Lilllabettt
31 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

Ok well you know what I think :smile4:

Actually dont listen to me. I dont own a tv

56 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

I dont own a tv

I know. Wish I didn't have to own one either.

1 hour ago, dUSt said:

I'm a fan of art, so I'm always going to try to view or listen to art how the artist intended. That means I try not to listen to music for the first time on earbuds or laptop speakers, and I try to watch film and media on the resolution it was shot.

I guess what I'm saying is, yes to 4K. Lol. Of course, with that said, some 1080p HD TVs look better than 4K TVs. How a picture looks has a lot more factors than just the resolution. I'd still prefer a 1080p plasma over most LCD 4K TVs being sold today.

Well, needed to get a smart TV with some apps so I saw a sweet deal today on Amazon, a combination package of 4K TV with sound bar with built in subwoofer. I think the sound bar thing should be fitting for the audio art… Not the greatest sound system in the world but hey it works for me.

Edited by Seven77

12 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

If you had the money to spend, what kind of tv would you buy?

Same one I think, would use some for a home theater I suppose… And then I hope I would be okay with that. I'm kind of glad that  I don't really have money to spend on a higher end TV more than $350 max. Too much anxiety with stupid croutons. I just hope that DVDs  will look tolerable