Josh

The Webs Connecting 'Tradionalist' Catholics And White Nationlists

Josh

In response, Marshalls cohost Gordon — quoting the movie Tombstone — compared Muslims to bugs. “There’s no live and let live with bugs,” he said

https://sojo.net/articles/webs-connecting-traditionalist-catholics-and-white-nationalists?fbclid=IwAR0HW8zipn7M1731TiTDRRtUoJ-Qc0-dmWrT6A5eQMft_2lSjur_Yuvybqc

Edited by Josh

Peace

Yeah I dunno about all that. I don't think you can take a few trads and then say that their views are representative of trads generally. It's generally known here that I am not the world's biggest advocate for trads, but one of my main parishes is a trad parish and I haven't really experienced any forms of racism there, as a black person. I don't think its fair to suggest that this is a trad problem, perhaps unless you are referring only to people at the fringes. . .

dominicansoul

I agree with Peace.  But according to josh I’m a racist cracker white supremacists MAGA hat wearing honky POS KKK Catholic even though I’m brown... lmao...so not sure if my opinion matters...rotfl

Edited by dominicansoul

Josh

I've actually only ever referenced and judged your phatmass persona. I don't know you in real life. I don't judge anyone as a person based on their persona in a phatmass forum. Could it corilate? Sure. Does it? Probably. But I still don't go there. I know people hate my persona/character on here. But I understand the forum doesn't show the whole picture. Humans are complicated. There's good and bad in all of us. And only God see's it all. And can judge it correctly.

You and Little2Add have wrote stuff over the years that my black friends in real life would cringe at if they read. How they would address you I don't know. There's a reason in Phatmass's entire history there's probably been less than 15 black members. Probably less than 10. Just because you're "brown" doesn't mean you can't hold racist views against blacks. And I speak hyperbole a lot of times in threads as I've explained. KKK Catholikkks aren't necessarily official card carrying KKK's. I'm confrontational to people who are confrontational. If I was holier I wouldn't be. It gets dialed up on the internet but it is what it is.

Anyways God Bless everyone on this website. I truly pray for everyone's peace. Every single person.

Edited by Josh

fides' Jack
On 8/4/2019 at 7:49 PM, Josh said:

There's a reason in Phatmass's entire history there's probably been less than 15 black members. Probably less than 10.

You can't say something like that without backing it up.  Evidence, please.  And also please show the total number of members, and how many were caucasian, too.

I doubt dUSt even has those numbers, or has even thought to try to get those numbers, so good luck...

MIKolbe
On 8/4/2019 at 9:49 PM, Josh said:

There's a reason in Phatmass's entire history there's probably been less than 15 black members. Probably less than 10. 

What's the reason?

Is dUSt a racist?  I mean, he's ugly (that is not a personal attack, it is truth) ... but is he a racist too?

I do not remember filling out a questionnaire which asked my "race" when i joined.  For all you know I could be that Nigerian prince waiting for someone to take me up on that offer about needing to transport diamonds into the states.......

fides' Jack
17 minutes ago, MIKolbe said:

What's the reason?

Is dUSt a racist?  I mean, he's ugly (that is not a personal attack, it is truth) ... but is he a racist too?

I do not remember filling out a questionnaire which asked my "race" when i joined.  For all you know I could be that Nigerian prince waiting for someone to take me up on that offer about needing to transport diamonds into the states.......

I honestly thought that was you.  Now I know...  ;)

MIKolbe
55 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

I honestly thought that was you.  Now I know...  ;)

forward me you social security number and banking information and we can make this work.

fides' Jack
8 hours ago, MIKolbe said:

forward me you social security number and banking information and we can make this work.

MIKolbe
10 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

for some reason I feel you may not be entirely truthful in your answer....

Seven77
On 8/4/2019 at 9:49 PM, Josh said:

There's a reason in Phatmass's entire history there's probably been less than 15 black members. Probably less than 10. Just because you're "brown" doesn't mean you can't hold racist views against blacks. And I speak hyperbole a lot of times in threads as I've explained. KKK Catholikkks aren't necessarily official card carrying KKK's. I'm confrontational to people who are confrontational. If I was holier I wouldn't be. It gets dialed up on the internet but it is what it is.

Anyways God Bless everyone on this website. I truly pray for everyone's peace. Every single person.

Are you saying that PM was a racist hotbed?  That it had a history of racism? I've been around here since it started, 2000,...  one of the reasons I joined was that seemed especially welcome to Catholics of different races. In fact, I remember the genesis of the whole Catholic hip-hop thing which I was even praying for. And you yourself made a correlation between liking hip-hop and not being racist… However I think it is entirely possible to like it  (music if not the culture) and be racist but that's a different topic. Anyway, I have known some people,  who have exhibited some of the  racist leaning views you're talking about... I wouldn't say that it would be a significant number to being the reason for keeping people away. I've actually attempted to helping bring African-Americans to the forum… Unfortunately I couldn't really come across any Catholics! Some of us here actually went on to Protestant hip-hop boards to help plant seeds of Catholicism. I have been a part of it. So your idea about some kind of racist background on this form doesn't fly.

Josh
On 8/6/2019 at 10:05 AM, MIKolbe said:

Is dUSt a racist? 

I know for a fact he isn't. I disagree on issues with him but I just saw him on the gram riding around with Theory Hazit who btw is woke af. This is a stupid question.

18 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

Are you saying that PM was a racist hotbed?  That it had a history of racism?

Not PM the site. But posters here for sure. When posters who are supposed to be practicing Catholics are defending slavery ect it might deter black people from joining. This isn't PM's fault. It's KKK Catholikkks fault.

18 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

So your idea about some kind of racist background on this form doesn't fly.

I'm not talking about PM the site as I said above. I'm talking about members. One of the biggest rappers on here was on Facebook posting confederate flags and white nationalist bs every day. His last post before blocking me was hoping that the American State I live in get atomically bombed. 

Edited by Josh

Seven77
13 minutes ago, Josh said:

I know for a fact he isn't. I disagree on issues with him but I just saw him on the gram riding around with Theory Hazit who btw is woke af. This is a stupid question.

Not PM. But posters here for sure. When posters who are supposed to be practicing Catholics are defending slavery ect it might deter black people from joining. This isn't PM's fault. It's KKK Catholikkks fault.

I'm not talking about PM the site as I said above. I'm talking about members. One of the biggest rappers on here was on Facebook posting confederate flags and white nationalist bs every day. His last post before blocking me was hoping that the American State I live in get atomically bombed. 

I know who you are talking about by way and I could not stand those post either.(this is just one example of liking hip-hop and having racist leanings of same time). And I know that you're saying that people on this website and others misrepresent and deter people from wanting to Join or be Catholic, etc. but that's not actually what you said Or even explained earlier… you said that this website has a history of racism. hardly anything that would really deter anyone I think.

You know,  I think that it could be a low view of people to think that just because they see some people, ignorant folks,  spouting off nonsense, that isn't official teaching or practice, it would deter them. We're talking about online…  people are free to debate and fight and fight back. Contrary opinion or stupid racist leanings will not stop people from joining in and debating. And I think people are smart enough to know that somebody is saying racist garbage and somebody else on the same website is refuting it respectfully intelligently… Which is happening here and does happen here… They know that there's nothing to scare them away, etc. in other words, people are smart enough to know that notAll practicing and believing Catholics believe in some erroneous idea, because there are others they can see who are rejecting it at the same time.

Edited by Seven77

Josh
15 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

but that's not actually what you said Or even explained earlier… you said that this website has a history of racism. hardly anything that would really deter anyone I think.

Quote me where I ever said Phatmass is a racist site in and of itself. Also quote where I went into detail explaining this. Good luck because I didn't. 

What I did say in Phatmass's entire history there's probably been less than 15 black members. I've been here since the beginning and the number is close. When I first brought this up I never explained why. But if you read what I wrote it was obvious I was getting at racist posters here. I then explained this in my reply to you above.

The Catholic rapper Flip used to talk about it. How it's to bad that a site that represents a black artform like hip-hop has hardly any black members. Luckily for me I'm friends with two of the greatest black Catholic rappers out there. They don't post here but not because of racist bs. One of them though has had really bad racist experiences with Trads in his area. Like them getting up from the pew and not even sitting by him. This stuff happens. I believe him. He has no reason to make it up. And he doesn't make a big deal of it. 

Edited by Josh