An Old School Catholic Message Board

Number of mass shootings in 2019 per country

Sargent York 1941

a ️ gun (true) story

Edited by little2add

8 hours ago, Peace said:

Most likely there are other issues / policy decisions that cause us to see many more mass shootings here in other places

Faith does matter...

you don't reach the age of 110 without it.  

Despite the bigotry and racial injustice in this woman’s time on earth, faithfulness overcomes

The wicked world

Edited by little2add

My continuing two cents..........I think that Donald Trump knows that he cannot lose.  If he is voted in in November, it will be a victory for him and he will continue on the path he has set and see which way the cookie crumbles dictating for Trump the road ahead.  The road is a variable, the objective is stable.

If he is no longer President after November, he will claim it is because of negative forces including the media etc.  It will all be false, but for Trump (whose genius is in sales), he will sell it to the many and for the rest of his years undermining media integrity.  Freedom and integrity of the press is important to democracy.

Trump is a gambler, a risk taker, and the dice is still spinning.

If you look into history along with what is happening today, it can give an indication of where things might be/could well be tomorrow: the big picture or the wood rather than the trees.

Good and evil, Heaven and Hell, are locked in universal major combat in the here and now.  Heaven and Good will win is assured by The Lord, but there could be many evils to pass through before the war is won.  

cruciatacara

Berb - the election isn't until November 2020.There is a good chance that things might happen over the next 15 months that could stop him from winning again.At least some of us hope so.

1 hour ago, cruciatacara said:

Berb - the election isn't until November 2020.There is a good chance that things might happen over the next 15 months that could stop him from winning again.At least some of us hope so.

Thank you for setting me straight, cruciatacara.  I did think it was November this year with no excuses.

I did a reply to your post, but lost it.  I am hoping too that the next 15 months will not be on Trump's side.

With the quote by dominicansoul of Mother Teresa's words,  I do find her wording concerning.  I do wonder how many women who abort actually consciously believe they are killing their own child?  I don't think it is that simple nor that dark and negative in motivation.  There are truly heartrending circumstances where a mother chooses to abort and I know not always.  Mother Teresa may have meant to point out what abortion actually is and it is, but if the words quoted are correct, the wording concerns me.  I think the wording is inflammatory, provocative and unkind, not loving, in that it accuses women who abort as committing infanticide. "Judge not that you be not judged".

But then I never was a big fan of Mother Teresa.  I think she was and is a saint, which doesn't mean that I take on board every single word she spoke or wrote.

Abortion is infanticide and if we do not value human life at its conception, not valuing human life at any stage is not surprising.  It was not Mother Teresa's thinking that concerned me, it was the way she chose to express it.

Rather than loaded wording on the subject of abortion, we need to convince society that human life begins at conception.  That to me is the intelligent approach.  The Church as hierarchy has the intelligence and reach, ability, to do so.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I think that darkly emotive, violent and accusing words on the subject of abortion probably does frighten many perhaps turn them totally against abortion.  Words that might cause women who have chosen abortion overwhelming guilt and shame - but the end can never justify the means, if the end purpose is fear, guilt and shame to promote a Catholic morality.

Unloving words can never bring about the good and the loving, promote the cause of love, of Charity.  Unloving words will only cause division, disrespect, perhaps even hatred, anything but Love.

6 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

but the end can never justify the means, if the end purpose is fear, guilt and shame to promote a Catholic morality.

The above should read "but the end can never justify the means, unless the end purpose is  fear, guilt and shame to promote a Catholic morality".

Edited by BarbaraTherese

On 8/4/2019 at 12:15 PM, little2add said:

I don’t believe this is a race thing or political, any notion that it could be is ill conceived.

Once again I agree with Mark Shea:

Edited for language. - dUSt

FB_IMG_1564989906085.jpg

Tulsa Race Massacre

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/07/23/tulsa-race-massacre-centenary?utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR3ExCvVZrzWnT5I1ko7ywErliRpqxm4qN2wM6kmBPtvljX6p4GBVTiAHdg

Just watched TV News a report on both recent massacres in Texas and Ohio - it as if the whole country is imploding violently, falling in on itself.

I think the underlying cause is Godlessness and expresses its existence in terrible and socially harmful, murderous, ways i.e. evil, just as goodness is expressed by compassion and love, charity.

On other but related subjects.  There is truth/reality, in the balance:  Either abortion (and euthanasia) are morally wrong and harmful to society or they have no morality and serve the benefit of society.

From my perspective………….If psychotic insanity means that one cannot grasp what reality is, then indeed we have a society that is going insane if not insane already.  Today our societies are not so much leading to God Who Is Ultimate Truth; rather leading away from God, Truth and Reality.  This is not so much a struggle between religion and the temporal,  rather it is a struggle to define Reality.  Definition of sin: "to miss the mark".

Iran has seized a third tanker and Trump is calling on our Prime Minister to send our troops to the middle east.  It seems to me that Donald Trump is making a mess of his own country as well as created a political flash point in the middle east.

Our Lady, Queen of Peace, please pray for us.

Hail Mary full of Grace, The Lord is with you.  Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary Mother of God, please pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.  Amen.

Here in Adelaide Sth Aust, reported on tonight's news, there has been confiscated by police a large cache of serious weapons used primarily in war for the killing of people.  There would have to be an underground market for these weapons, else they would not be here I don't think.

I do not have any more reactions permitted today.:mad3:  Thank you, little2add, for posting the Youngbloods "Get Together" :)  Beautiful lyrics.

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Once again I agree with Mark Shea:

Freak Show: This has nothing to do with race, Trump or guns.

F- bomb, really.  Please be a little more civil with your  words

thank you

7 hours ago, Josh said:

here to kick your ass

Wow :|

Edited by little2add

dominicansoul

Look at what this Black White Supremacists KKKKKK had to say:

image.png.c3a1bb66d184dde00e1c4ebcebc0b634.png

Edited by dominicansoul

Lilllabettt
13 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I think that darkly emotive, violent and accusing words on the subject of abortion probably does frighten many perhaps turn them totally against abortion.  Words that might cause women who have chosen abortion overwhelming guilt and shame - but the end can never justify the means, if the end purpose is fear, guilt and shame to promote a Catholic 

Feeling guilt and shame is 100% appropriate for women that kill their innocent kids. Abortion should be extremely stigmatized and guilt inducing.