An Old School Catholic Message Board

Number of mass shootings in 2019 per country

Lilllabettt
11 hours ago, Josh said:

Once again I agree with Mark Shea:

Freak Show: This has nothing to do with race, Trump or guns.

Me: F u c k you, liar. We are done letting you imagine you are an equal partner in dialogue. The moment you say that is the moment we walk over you and leave you behind to go work to end this. You play defense. You try to keep up with us. We are here to kick your ass if you try to stop us, not have 

Mark Shea.

He positively spits himself unconscious about the need for gun safety laws, laws protecting immigrants, the poor, minorities, and so on. There is a dire need, ITS AN EMERGENCY. 

When he is done laying in the street in protest for these things, he drags his morbidly obese body into a sitting position quick enough to say "the law" is not the right way to deal with abortion. "The law" never changed hearts and minds, you see.  

Isn't that convenient.

Prenatal people are the only people for whom protection via force of law is the wrong approach.  I wonder why that is???

Sadly, the US won’t do anything effective.  

Again. 

Politicians are busy trying to score political points or defend against political hits. 

Extremists are arguing between no guns at all or no new restrictions at all.  

There will be no way a reasonable compromise of tightening restrictions, discussions on mental health, or discussion of cultural desensitizing of violence from media and games.  

23 hours ago, little2add said:

F- bomb, really.  Please be a little more civil with your  words

thank you

Profanity and personal attack. Warning issues. -dUSt

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

Go F *** yourself. Stop talking to me or replying

very mature

PERSONAL ATTACKS

A post or comment that has nothing to do with the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, calling people “heretics” (used in a derogatory manner), “democrooks”, etc.

“Never reprimand anyone while you feel provoked over a fault that has been committed. Wait until the next day, or even longer. Then make your remonstrance calmly and with a purified intention. You’ll gain more with an affectionate word than you ever would from three hours of quarreling. Control your temper.” – St Josemaria Escriva

6 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Feeling guilt and shame is 100% appropriate for women that kill their innocent kids. Abortion should be extremely stigmatized and guilt inducing. 

An objective to induce guilt and shame in another person........ is contrary to what Jesus has asked of us, it is contrary to The Gospel, and is 100% morally wrongful, as is abortion.

Guilt and shame related to abortion is appropriate.  Abortion should be stigmatised and trigger guilt along with all moral failures.  The most serious sin of abortion can be forgiven and the offender returned to a state of Peace.  Laudate Dominum.

36 minutes ago, little2add said:

You’ll gain more with an affectionate word than you ever would from three hours of quarreling. Control your temper.” – St Josemaria Escriva

Like :like:

People are very angry. Mitch McConnell and people like him should be nervous out in public and have good security. A ton of blood is on their hands. And people are about to snap.

Edited by Guest

Watching a documentary on Japan in the early days after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in the Second World War. It is preceded by the rise of nationalism and racism in Japan.

Lilllabettt
5 hours ago, Josh said:

People are very angry. Mitch McConnell and people like him should be nervous out in public and have good security. A ton of blood is on their hands. And people are about to snap.

Are you describing yourself? Check yourself into a hospital. 

14 hours ago, Josh said:

Profanity and personal attack. Warning issues. -dUSt

My apologies,  to Josh, you and the forum.  sometimes I rub people the wrong way.  

I never meant to provoke 

fides' Jack
On 8/3/2019 at 7:57 PM, Josh said:

FB_IMG_1564883699260.jpg

This is an absolute lie.  Complete propaganda.  We haven't had 249 mass shootings this year.  The only way you can get that number is if you include the overwhelming majority of incidents that are gang-related that certainly don't evoke the image of a "mass-shooting".  The majority would be cases where there was a specific target and a few people were accidentally injured.  A number of these would be cases where nobody dies.  And other countries showing 0 in this list have had terror attacks that killed more than a few people.  Maybe that's ok because they didn't use guns??  (Even though a number of them did)  Maybe they also had mass shootings but they weren't reported as much so they don't end up on this fake list. 

Get real.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:16 PM, cruciatacara said:

Berb - the election isn't until November 2020.There is a good chance that things might happen over the next 15 months that could stop him from winning again.At least some of us hope so.

Given that it's either him or someone on the left, I sincerely hope he does win.

Opioid  overdose and suicide  statistically is way up in the United States far more deaths  occur than deaths from mass shootings.   

The problem is largely ignored and is a greater evil by far

The difference is:

Drug overdose and suicide involve something chosen directly or indirectly. 

Mass shootings (gun violence) involves straight out murder of innocent people including children at times.  This is not pro life!  Be it one dead or fifty dead.  Be it one mass shooting or five hundred or more.

No matter the statistics, false or not, I near on go into shock every time I heard of mass murder in the USA. These incidents are surreal, bizarre.  God forbid the day I do not go into near on a state of shock.

I have heard the argument that guns do not kill, people do.  It is guns for the purpose of murder which people choosing murder can apparently easily acquire in the USA - in order to commit mass murder of innocent people and children.

57 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

Given that it's either him or someone on the left, I sincerely hope he does win.

If the above is correct, what a terrible decision America is facing in my book.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I am filled with horror when I hear of mass murder in the USA, which does seem to happen with regularity.   It is the violent death of innocents that shocks as well as the regularity of the terrible crime, the refusal/inability to address the whole problem effectively.

These are people and children being murdered and apparently in the USA upholding the right to own guns is more important than human life to some? A lack of meaningful empathy?

......next step is? Or is it already fait accompli?

Edited by BarbaraTherese