An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gary David

BarbTherese

Some time back I sent a PM to @Gary david but received no answer.  I was hoping his absence from Phatmass was a temporary something or other and still hope it will only be temporary.  Wherever he might be, I hope he is ok and may The Lord continue to bless him.

Would be good to see him around on Phatmass again.

Again i have had much trouble logging in to phatmass. Dont know why but i almost gave up when at the last time i finally got in. Well i guess thats the lesson here Barbara. Keep knocking and the door will open :)

5 hours ago, Gary david said:

Again i have had much trouble logging in to phatmass. Dont know why but i almost gave up when at the last time i finally got in. Well i guess thats the lesson here Barbara. Keep knocking and the door will open :)

You might like to make a note of the following contact points for dUSt in case you have problems again:

Twitter           http://www.twitter.com/phatmass

Facebook      http://www.facebook.com/phatmass

Gary, if you explain to @dUSt via thread or PM what happened when you could not login- he might be able to do a tweak or two, which will mean you will not have problems in the future.

Other than that, Gary - Yep! Knock and the door will open..........is another way of saying don't give up because we are not told how long to keep knocking :)  The same goes for "ask and you will receive, seek and you will find". 

Finally, are you aware that we only get so many props every day, although I cannot recall how many.  Once you have used your quota for the day, you cannot prop any more for that day.   Once I realised that, I kept my props to posts I thought really good. 

I used to keep going to the top or near it on the "Prop Worthy" count.  Then suddenly I dropped out...........and realised it was because Gary wasn't around any more.

Personally, I do not deserve a prop or props for quotations into the thread "Quotations that motivate and inspire".  These quotes simply land in my Inbox and I post them into the thread. :secret:....60 seconds if that at the keyboard.   But I very much thank you for your Props and am really hoping you will not be offended in any way, because I really love being either top or near it on the Prop Worthy Count. :) 

_______

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…" (Matthew Ch 7)

15 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

You might like to make a note of the following contact points for dUSt in case you have problems again:

Twitter           http://www.twitter.com/phatmass

Facebook      http://www.facebook.com/phatmass

Gary, if you explain to @dUSt via thread or PM what happened when you could not login- he might be able to do a tweak or two, which will mean you will not have problems in the future.

Other than that, Gary - Yep! Knock and the door will open..........is another way of saying don't give up because we are not told how long to keep knocking :)  The same goes for "ask and you will receive, seek and you will find". 

Finally, are you aware that we only get so many props every day, although I cannot recall how many.  Once you have used your quota for the day, you cannot prop any more for that day.   Once I realised that, I kept my props to posts I thought really good. 

I used to keep going to the top or near it on the "Prop Worthy" count.  Then suddenly I dropped out...........and realised it was because Gary wasn't around any more.

Personally, I do not deserve a prop or props for quotations into the thread "Quotations that motivate and inspire".  These quotes simply land in my Inbox and I post them into the thread. :secret:....60 seconds if that at the keyboard.   But I very much thank you for your Props and am really hoping you will not be offended in any way, because I really love being either top or near it on the Prop Worthy Count. :) 

_______

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.…" (Matthew Ch 7)

Actually you do deserve a prop Barbara because you could have simply deleted them after you read them. Instead you take the time to share them with others. I would think that more than deserving of a prop and as a matter of fact i thank you personally for taking the time to do this. They cant limit how many times I can thank you though now can they haahaa.

God bless you Barbara and thank you again......gary

Thank you, Gary, for your very kind words.  I thank you too for your always wise and insightful posts.

No, Gary, no one can limit the expressions of gratitude offered to each other.  I am grateful for you and thank you.

May God continue to bless you also......my warm regards.....Barb

Edited by BarbaraTherese

15 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Thank you, Gary, for your very kind words.  I thank you too for your always wise and insightful posts.

No, Gary, no one can limit the expressions of gratitude offered to each other.  I am grateful for you and thank you.

May God continue to bless you also......my warm regards.....Barb

Just to say Barbara. I have read enough of your posts and know enough of your inner workings to be able to say that there are simply not enough like you. Not meaning to make you uncomfortable in any way but just speaking the truth. One can never see ones self like another can especially when one is humble and unselfish. Sometimes its good to say things like this just to let one know where they stand in anothers eyes. You may not agree but as for me my opinion of you will never change. Wonderful work Barbara and as always, may God bless you....gary

Once a member seems to have left, Gary, I leave it at that.  However, I thought, having read your posts, you were a very sad loss to Phatmass, which is why I tried to contact you - and thankfully successful in doing so.

The Lord's blessings on your journey also, Gary........keep up the good work.........Barb

The nun who taught me said that if Satan sighted even an iota of good to be done, it would attempt to shift heaven and earth to stop it.  That is, be prepared!

Hi Barbara. Well that nun would certainly be very correct in my book. There it seems are not so many that believe things like this never mind live them. If one truly believes in something like this they will be very much aware of how and why they must live their lives and will also treat others so much differently. I knew this fact myself and its true satin has nothing better to do than wait and afflict ones life to the point if trying their faith to the limit which again is why we must always find that trusting in Jesus with all of our being is the only protection we have. So yes let us all be prepared for satin and his trickery.

See you later Barbara and have a wonderful day. God bless you....gary

Edited by Gary david

Ephesians Chapter 6 http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__P10D.HTM

For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.

Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.  So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate,  and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.

In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all (the) flaming arrows of the evil one.  And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones

I agree. The reason i agree with this being a wholsome thread is because things are said with the heart and also with simple truth that cannot be changed or altered in any way. People may have differing opinions but opinions cannot change truth, nothing can. So if things are said with the truth along with an unwavering faith then truly mountains will fall. This is also written but must be lived to witness the miracle of faith. 

8 hours ago, asimina said:

This is the most wholesome thread on Phatmass :)

Gary and I are happily very much most often on the same page. :)

Be that as it may, disagreements can be very healthy dependant on the way disagreements are expressed.  Disagreements can facilitate the search for truth if parties observe the Primary Quest of Charity and are open minded.

There is another thread in Open Mic by members Catholic and non Catholic which are commendable exchanges of beliefs and questioning - it goes on for roughly 4 pages: https://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/147854-evangelising-on-lds-forum/

ab5601e59054b632724ec7265a0f4951.jpg

The above quote is often attributed to St Augustine, but there seems to be disagreement about the author.