An Old School Catholic Message Board

Feast Of The Assumption

........except if you can't get a lift to Mass and you don't have a car..........or you might be sick............or someone in the family is and needs you.........

...........or any other reason dictated by common sense...........

On 8/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Lilllabettt said:

Protestants are like "why are you celebrating an assumption? Don't you know what happens when you assume?"

Actually, they're the ones assuming… Assuming  that it didn't happen. It's assuming that God is not abundantly generous with his gifts… I mean, denying that God  is never outdone in generosity, thinking that God is not grateful for the cooperation of Our Lady? Why would  Jesus leave his Immaculate Mother in the ground to rot when he has a human nature because of her  Fiat? that's crazy! that's assuming, that is making an a$z out of you and me (themselves).

I like to say "the  Assumption of Mary body and soulInto heaven, or Dormition.  "

Edited by Seven77

1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

Actually, they're the ones assuming… Assuming  that it didn't happen. It's assuming that God is not abundantly generous with his gifts… I mean, denying that God  is never outdone in generosity, thinking that God is not grateful for the cooperation of Our Lady? Why would  Jesus leave his Immaculate Mother in the ground to rot when he has a human nature because of her  Fiat? that's crazy! that's assuming, that is making an a$z out of you and me (themselves).

I like to say "the  Assumption of Mary body and soulInto heaven, or Dormition.  "

Did you know... the Assumption is in the Quran? 

That's proof of how ancient this teaching is.