An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer for Hong Kong

BarbTherese

7 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

chinese-troops-data.jpg

Would China send troops to Hong Kong?

As the protest movement in Hong Kong grows, everyone is asking the same question: would Beijing send in troops?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-20/beijing-voices-support-for-australian-protests-over-hong-kong/11431122

11422994-3x2-700x467.jpg

I guess not to much has changed in the world since Christ arrived. It's still the same old war its always been. Dictators are born to power while others are born to pray for freedom. Its a wonderful knowing that God cannot loose, only we can. 

Catholic Catechism (CCC

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c2a7.htm

The Church's Ultimate Trial

677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection.579 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God's victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.580 God's triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world.581

Just as The Church must enter into the Death of Jesus leading to His Resurrection, this is how I think of life here on earth.  We too must enter into the Death of Jesus through suffering, great or small, which will lead to our own Resurrection and Heaven.  Our symbol which goes before us, and ideally within us, is The Cross.  I think life in Jesus is the greatest adventure a human being can embrace and live out.  There is no greater adventure.

Suffering in life, be it great or small, cannot be avoided and that goes for every human being.  Striving to eliminate suffering is futile - it is intrinsic to the human condition and the whole of humanity.  It is Catholic theology and spirituality, which rather than revealing a way to avoid suffering, speaks of Jesus, TheWay, The Truth and The Life, making suffering meaningful for the world, for The Church and for oneself and every human being.  It is a great  mystery but one cup of coffee without sugar could do more good in this world, for self and for all, than fasting all day every day.  Mystery and Paradox.

I think there is a stage in living in and with Jesus, in our spirituality, when personal suffering united to Jesus and His Cross can become no longer a cause for sadness or a level of depression i.e. the opposite of happiness, rather it can become an honor and a great privilege even though the suffering remains suffering and His Cross.

God is The Final Victory, He will be victorious, as we are united to Him.

God never permits what is too much to bear united to Him.

"If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a]will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew Chapter 16)................+"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew Chapter 11)

Edited by BarbaraTherese