An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I now reject climate politics nearly entirely

fides' Jack

On 8/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, fides' Jack said:

This is not at all comprehensive on even my own thoughts on the matter, but I've been wanting to write this for a while.  And since Phatmass is so amesome for letting people speak their minds...

When I first heard about "global warming" growing up, I was a skeptic.  In my teens a graph came out that showed the average global temperature had increased by .2 degrees during the hundred years prior to that.  I remember specific arguments I had with even family members who said you can't argue with statistics...

Fast forward a number of years, into my college life, and my mind changed.  I was still skeptical about certain aspects of it, as-in, I recognized there was a problem and that we should do something, but researching any of the proposed solutions showed pretty quickly they couldn't possibly succeed.  But we should still try to do our part, right?

I've been reading into this on my own time as I could while juggling full-time career, full-time school (for a long time) and a full-time family.  I'm convinced now that not only is it all a giant scam, but it's actually satanic in origin.

Here's the main premise of the argument:

1. Climate change is occurring (I agree with this)
2. It's largely man-made (I agree we've affected it to an extent, but all the most credible evidence suggests that it's an extremely small extent)
3. It's going to cause all sorts of other bad things (I definitely disagree with this one)

First, what is the point of all this, anyway?  It's one of 2 things (or perhaps both) - saving lives or saving the planet.  My goal is to show how both of these are lies.

What is the main cause of concern?  Pollution in the form of carbon dioxide.  

To this I just ask the simple question: why is carbon dioxide bad?  I think it's actually good, for these reasons:

• Sea level rise
    • This could be caused by melting ice at the polar caps, and melting glaciers elsewhere.  I agree it's a valid concern for people on the coasts - which is a huge number of people.  However:
      • Studies have shown that the ice at the North cap is slowly losing mass while the ice at the southern cap is gaining mass...  which itself is interesting.  There is a big difference between the northern ice cap and the southern ice cap: the northern cap is floating (North of Greenland), whereas the southern cap is actually a continent.  This is very important to note because if floating ice melts, it doesn't add to the water level, or subtract from it.  This is a fact about ice that not many people realize.
      • If all the ice on Greenland melts, or all the ice in Antarctica, sea levels could rise slightly and affect people living on the coasts.
        • If this were to happen, the temperature at the poles would have to rise a lot faster than they are now, and even if they did, it would happen so gradually that no loss of life would even happen, anyway.  People would be evacuated to new cities farther inland years before it would reach the point of being dangerous to human life.
  • Plant life
    • Well, we know plant life would be WAY better off if the global temperature were a number of degrees warmer and the CO2 level in the atmosphere was many times higher than it is - that's just basic understanding of plants.  They breathe, and eat, carbon dioxide.  The more there is, the better for them.  Farmers actually sometimes increase CO2 in enclosed spaces when growing plants for this very reason.
  • Animal life
    • There's evidence to suggest that increased carbon dioxide is good for animal life, too.  The biggest concern is breathing too much of it, but it would have to be hundreds of times more abundant before this even becomes a concern (for human life).  For many animal species, introducing increased carbon dioxide into their natural environments shows increased health and body size.  Perhaps they get more nutrients from the healthier plants... Hard to say at this point why this is.
    • Some animal species have had to migrate north or south as local weather temperatures go up or down to stay comfortable.  But we know this would be happening regardless.  Climate is still going to change even if we aren't here, and animals will always migrate as a response to that.
  • Extreme weather
    • This is when severe weather happens more frequently, but nearly all indicators show that this type of thing is down, not up.
      • Droughts - lowest they've ever been
      • Floods - declining for the last 70 years
      • Tornadoes - EF3 and higher have been steadily declining since at least 1970
      • Hurricanes - decreasing since at least the late 1970s - also studies show that cooler temperatures (not warmer) result in more frequent and stronger hurricanes

Truthfully, there are solid counter-arguments to everything the main-stream media has been telling people for decades.  These are all scientific arguments.  I haven't cited any sources, just because they're too many and I didn't want to sift through them.  If you disagree with a specific point above, look into it.  Maybe you'll be surprised, or maybe you can point me to something showing I'm wrong...

However, these lies aren't even my biggest problems with the climate hysteria.  A much bigger problem is the lie about scientific consensus.  It's been oft-repeated that 97% of scientists agree...  Well, this number was reached when some government people (surely they don't have their own agenda, right??) took a sample of fewer than 80 scientists' opinions on the matter (out of the 10,000 they had available), and then said they reached a consensus they didn't.  Those scientists really only agreed on 2 very basic points: 1) that climate is changing (which is self-evident), and 2) that humans were responsible for some part of it.  They don't say how much (though very many agree with what I've already stated, that's it's very little), and they also don't even agree that it's even a bad thing.  

Since that number came out, things have changed quite a lot.  Now there is no real science here.  Sure, you have a lot of scientists working on it, but there is no room for criticism.  Any professor who shows any kind of out-of-the-box thinking on this matter is immediately targeted, and his career (and often whole life) destroyed.  This is my 2nd biggest peeve with the whole mess.  You can't have scientific credibility if dissenters are silenced.  And just about every single dissenter on this matter is.  It's become a witch-hunt.

Another giant problem is that it's so largely political that we now know for sure that a lot of statistics regarding weather and temperature from years past have actually been wholly fabricated.  They've been caught red-handed.  Climate-gate happened in 2009, but for some reason because they explained away one person's activities in 1 school, the media dismissed it as a non-issue.  The investigation into that was a joke.  Be that as it may, I would feel much better about the stats if they weren't owned by government pawns.  The most outspoken people about fixing climate change are high-up members of the government or professors in state-sponsored schools...  If the government, which lies about everything, had less to do with it, I could believe it more easily.

But still, there's another problem, which in my opinion, is even more problematic.  Many high-profile individuals (including celebrities and politicians) have likened their work saving the earth to a form of religion.  They see (and have publicly and explicitly stated) that mother earth is some kind of goddess, and many people literally pray to mother earth to help stop climate change.  This is very obviously mortally sinful and blasphemous and idolatrous.  The more that comes out, the more we see this kind of thing is at the heart of stopping climate change.  It seems evident to me now that it's been at the heart of it this whole time.  

I can get behind trying to change things - even if there is no obvious gain for anyone or anything.  I will absolutely NOT be a party to idolatry.  I hereby reject ALL of the climate change programs, if that is at its core.  I would rather the entire planet, and all the inhabitants of it, die horribly gruesome deaths, than be a party to the satanic culture behind it.  Many people will find this melodramatic.  I don't think it is.

I recommend the book "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change" that covers some of these issues much better than I ever could, and actually gives sources.

Both the NAS and Berkeley Earth (which is funded by skeptics) have already come up with conclusions about AGW. Meanwhile, the U.S. military, the Pentagon, various multinational banks, insurers, and other organizations and businesses have been releasing reports warning of its effects to personnel and clients, and have been preparing accordingly or advising readers to do such. They've even release reports on a resource crunch due to increasing demand for materials and energy worldwide coupled with diminishing returns for oil, minerals, etc.

Also, every point raised about CO2 is questionable because the world is not a laboratory but much more complex than that, which means that CO2 does not act as a main cause but has a forcing factor leading to over fifty positive feedback loops taking place.

Meanwhile, the global economy is mostly underdeveloped, with 71 pct of human beings earning less than $10 daily and many countries lacking infrastructure ranging from roads to hospitals to electric grids to irrigation systems. That means more fossil fuels will actually be needed to meet basic needs of most people, and much more than what the 20 pct can conserve if they cut down resource use by 50 pct or more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
fides' Jack
31 minutes ago, ArciMoto said:

huh,... demonic?!

or perhaps its a reminder (from god) that there are consequences for actions taken

Yes, demonic.  Absolutely demonic.  God cares more about a single soul than about all of the pollution in the entire world.

We've made a false god out of "mother earth".  

We should take care of our souls before we focus on taking care of nature.  Of course the two are not mutually exclusive, but it does mean that our focus should not be on the environment.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, fides' Jack said:

Yes, demonic.  Absolutely demonic.

So why haven't you had it exorcised yet?

fides' Jack
6 hours ago, hakutaku said:

So why haven't you had it exorcised yet?

Exorcised what?

fides' Jack
On 4/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, hakutaku said:

The demons.

Out of what, exactly?

Well, it doesn't really matter, even though your question makes no sense.

I have not had anything exorcised.  I have no authority over anything that needs exorcising.  So it's not up to me.  Still, I can play the part of the crazy person on the corner holding the sign saying, "Repent!  The end is imminent!"  And indeed it is.  And those who fall for this false environmentalism will not see the truth in time to save their souls.

29 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

I have no authority over anything that needs exorcising.  So it's not up to me.

So which authorities have you contacted to convince of the necessity of an exorcism?

1 hour ago, fides' Jack said:

Out of what, exactly?

Oh!  You're right!  The demons aren't actually influencing any person, place, or thing related to climate change, so of course they can't be exorcised! 

Of course, that means climate change isn't demonic though...

Edited by hakutaku

fides' Jack
4 hours ago, hakutaku said:

The demons aren't actually influencing any person, place, or thing related to climate change, so of course they can't be exorcised! 

Unfortunately, demons are influencing all three related to the "climate change" hysteria, as well as just about every other thing going on in the world right now.  But I don't think you understand what exorcism is for...

9 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

But I don't think you understand what exorcism is for...

https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05709a.htm

Exorcism is (1) the act of driving out, or warding off, demons, or evil spirits, from persons, places, or things, which are believed to be possessed or infested by them, or are liable to become victims or instruments of their malice;

Warding the demons away from those they are using as instruments of their malice is exactly what I am talking about.  What do you think exorcism is?

fides' Jack

Good to know that you know how to use google.

2 hours ago, hakutaku said:

Warding the demons away from those they are using as instruments of their malice is exactly what I am talking about.

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm sorry it took multiple attempts to get you to clarify what in the world you were talking about.

That's not what I'm talking about.

But since you're so urked by my comments on climate politics, and really on the entire current environmental movement being demonic, maybe I hit close to home.  It might be of benefit to you to seek an exorcism, yourself.

Just a thought.

If you are actually of good will, then I wish you peace.  Otherwise, get behind me.

13 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Unfortunately, demons are influencing all three [people, places, & things] related to the "climate change" hysteria,

3 hours ago, hakutaku said:

Warding the demons away from those they are using as instruments of their malice is exactly what I am talking about. 

That's not what I'm talking about.

How can demonic influence over persons, places, and things not be what you are talking about when you explicitly asserted it in the post I responded to?

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm sorry it took multiple attempts to get you to clarify what in the world you were talking about.

It still isn't clear to me what you were confused about.  You asserted demons are influencing people, places and things in the climate change movement.  I asked why you haven't performed an exorcism, and you reacted as if there were no persons places or things that could be exorcised.

Its almost as though you don't actually believe demons are responsible for environmentalism, but you want to call the members demons anyway.

Edited by hakutaku

fides' Jack
20 hours ago, hakutaku said:

How can demonic influence over persons, places, and things not be what you are talking about when you explicitly asserted it in the post I responded to?

It still isn't clear to me what you were confused about.  You asserted demons are influencing people, places and things in the climate change movement.  I asked why you haven't performed an exorcism, and you reacted as if there were no persons places or things that could be exorcised.

Its almost as though you don't actually believe demons are responsible for environmentalism, but you want to call the members demons anyway.

I said that demons are influencing all 3 [persons, places, and things] specifically because you claimed they aren't.  That argument was separate from what I was talking about.  

You still don't get it.

It's stupid to ask why I haven't performed an exorcism, because only those with authority (i.e. priests who have canonical jurisdiction) can perform exorcisms (which are not to be confused with prayers of deliverance, that even lay people can say).  I've never claimed to be a priest.  For you to ask that question is kind of assuming that I am one.  Which makes no sense.

Further: I have not called members of the environmentalist movement demons - for you to suggest that, is at the very least, deceitful.

Further: I do believe that demons are leading the current environmentalist movement.  But that's a huge generalization.  I get it, people these days can't deal with generalizations.  However, you can't exorcise a generalization.  I never said Bobby Sue was possessed or being otherwise influenced by demons.  The movement as a whole is, and almost certainly there are individuals within that movement that are actually, physically possessed, but since we're talking about a movement, an idea, then it's not something that can be exorcised.  And as I said, even if it were a specific person, place, or thing, I lack the authority to do so. 

Lastly: I didn't think this up on my own.  This is coming from much reading and listening to talks online by a great number of people, including multiple exorcists themselves.  So even if we were talking about something specific (which we aren't), it wouldn't even make sense for me to request an exorcism from someone who clearly is even more keenly aware of the demonic activity involved than I am, and who also lack the authority to perform exorcisms on those specific persons, places, or things, to begin with.

So the whole discussion of exorcism makes no sense.  And that is why I was confused by you bringing it up.