An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I now reject climate politics nearly entirely

fides' Jack

On 2/9/2022 at 12:17 PM, fides' Jack said:

Is it too late to change the title of this thread?  I'd like to remove the word "nearly".  

...Why I now reject climate politics entirely?!

Satan is the God of this planet(Not the one true God the most High Holy Trinity the creator of all that is Good) so what's new people lie for sordid gain and unfortunately some are so deluded they believe there own lies and will not face the truth that there are weeds amongst the wheat(people that lie & people that tell the truth)in general not just in the church, and to open theryre hearts&mind's to this fact and to view and respect other opinions? 

But I'm going to have to be agnostic on the seriousness of climate change and say idk, but at the same time we have to be good stewards of God's creation and not environmental vandals. God iz Good. God iz Love. Jesus iz Lord. Alleluia.

fides' Jack
On 3/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, ArciMoto said:

...Why I now reject climate politics entirely?!

Absolutely.  If it's political then it's evil.  Not always the case, but right now, absolutely.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:19 PM, Tabby Cat said:

But I'm going to have to be agnostic on the seriousness of climate change and say idk, but at the same time we have to be good stewards of God's creation and not environmental vandals.

Exactly!  Which requires that we start producing more CO2 now.  The environmentalists are trying to destroy creation and destroy the environment with their lies.  

The best thing we can do for our environment right now, after prayer, is to increase our meat consumption, which will also greatly help the overall health of those who do eat more meat, in addition to increasing CO2 by increasing the animal population in the world.  More animals = more nutrients for the earth = more plant-life = more oxygen/food for animals.  The best thing you can do to help plant-life is to increase animal life, and vice-versa.  

A warmer climate is a better climate for all life.

Edited by fides' Jack

On 3/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, fides' Jack said:

The best thing we can do for our environment,... is to increase our meat consumption, which will also greatly help the overall health of those who do eat more meat, in addition to increasing CO2 by increasing the animal population in the world.  More animals = more nutrients for the earth = more plant-life = more oxygen/food for animals.  The best thing you can do to help plant-life is to increase animal life, and vice-versa.  

sigh,... as other's have noted

1 hour ago, Nunsuch said:

Just to respond (probably fruitlessly) to one of @fides' Jack's untruths.

WRT CO2

4x6-PC-Increased-concentrations-of-carbo

WRT "man made climate change"

DOODLEY-4x6-PC-project-06-06-CLIMATE-CHA

On 3/5/2022 at 5:19 PM, Tabby Cat said:

we have to be good stewards of God's creation and not environmental vandals.

Edited by ArciMoto

fides' Jack
On 3/7/2022 at 1:44 PM, fides' Jack said:

The best thing we can do for our environment right now, after prayer, is to increase our meat consumption, which will also greatly help the overall health of those who do eat more meat, in addition to increasing CO2 by increasing the animal population in the world.  More animals = more nutrients for the earth = more plant-life = more oxygen/food for animals.  The best thing you can do to help plant-life is to increase animal life, and vice-versa.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 5:19 PM, Tabby Cat said:

...at the same time we have to be good stewards of God's creation and not environmental vandals

given in a few days it will be 'earth day' so something to consider

divided-we-fail.png

there have been dooms day prognostications in the past by various fringe groups,... but this time is different because various scientists in different fields physics, chemistry, biology, etc. have collected various puzzle pieces of scientific data to show there is an existential threats to humanity

http://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/new-climate-risk-classification-created-account-potential-existential-threats

http://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/

FWIW I've always used a twisted sense of humor as a psychological coping mechanism which allows me to confront difficult issues head on,... for example WRT man made climate change I realize the issue is difficult to say the least,... BUT the IPCC group 3 report gives me hope that there are technical solutions

OTOH basic human nature makes most people bury their head in the sand when daunting problems arise (so this is why as I see things why the problem of man made climate change continues to be unaddressed)

Supposedly global warming means more rain which supposedly will water down all the chemical pollution leveling out. I say supposedly as an optimist because unfortunately I don't see people stopping driving there cars because it's so easy and the car factories would lose billions adjusting there factories and workers from building petrol engines to electric, plus mining all the material for electric engines is not really cost effective and leaves just as big holes in the earth if not bigger, but I think better holes rather then pollution. Lord knows they've started to try meeting in the middle with petrol electric but still it's more than pollution really for your average Joe and that is sloth & courage, people won't even walk or ride 10mins to there local shops coz they're lazy & scared, a car is like a personal tank that no one can get at you in your tank. Yeah we need a miracle that's for sure if it's not going to rain more.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, fides' Jack said:

the first earth day in 1970 was a teach-in, 52 years later humanity is still ecologically oblivious

http://www.governing.com/now/earth-day-teach-ins-and-saving-the-planet-since-1969

http://cathstan.org/news/care-for-creation/laudato-trees-pope-francis-s-encyclical-on-environment-spurs-tree-planting-initiative-at-parishes-and-catholic-schools

earthday-teach-in-know-your-carbon-footp

earthday-teach-in-know-your-carbon-footp

dear-1945-earthday-2022-eco-anxiety-of-a

fides' Jack

CO2 is good for the planet.  Decreasing CO2 will kill much plant life.  We need plant life to produce oxygen so we can survive, not to mention being half or more of the source of food for every omnivore (including humans), and all of the food source of all herbivore species.  

You decrease CO2, you kill plant life, which in turn kills animal life.  There's a reason it's called the circle of life.  You kill off one, you kill off all.  Warming the planet is very good for nearly all living things on the planet.

You want to clean up the oceans, and clean up trash, that's a very good thing to do, because it gives glory to God by making His creation more beautiful.  Then, it makes our planet cleaner for humans, then all other animal and plant species.  But it must be done for the right reasons, primarily to glorify God.  If it's not, it's done in vain.

This is not rocket science.  The problem is that the entire world has been fooled by pseudo-science masquerading as environmentalism, which is actually a religion, and a very old one at that.  Gaia, mother earth, the pachamama, etc... they are all paganism.

It's time to turn back to God.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:44 AM, fides' Jack said:

CO2 is good for the planet.  Decreasing CO2 will kill much plant life.  We need plant life to produce oxygen so we can survive, not to mention being half or more of the source of food for every omnivore (including humans), and all of the food source of all herbivore species.  

sigh,... 99.99% certain you have never considered water (a greenhouse gas) is just like CO2 in the atmosphere

Man-made-climate-change-skeptics-blind-d

AND that too much or too little of things necessary for life,... can be deadly

water-is-just-like-CO2-in-the-atmosphere

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, ArciMoto said:

water (a greenhouse gas) is just like CO2 in the atmosphere

It is not just like CO2 in the atmosphere.  Similar in a few ways, yes.

Are you saying the only reason that more CO2 is bad is because it increases water vapor in the atmosphere?  I reject your premise and your conclusion.  Neither is bad.  Higher concentrations of Oxygen, CO2, and H2O would not be a bad thing.  All of it would be better for animals and plants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
little2add

Please explain to me why buying oil from another country is good for the environment??   Or better yet how buying oil from another country is better than pumping our own oil??

There’s nothing green about this other than these elites are lining their pockets with green.

It takes between 21 to 35 days for a Russian oil tanker to get to US ports to be offloaded. 

It takes between 35 and 60 days for a tanker from the Middle East to make the same trek. 

It takes about 10 hours to load the tanker and up to 24 hours to unload. If it has to wait in port to get to an unloading dock, it can take up to 3 days. 

The average tanker burns 2,625 gallons of diesel fuel per hour. 22.38 pounds of CO2 are created from burning 1 gallon of diesel fuel. 

So, in one hour, a tanker ship hauling oil to a refinery in the US creates 58,757.5 pounds of CO2 per hour. Averaging the travel time of the tankers, that's 27.67 million tons of CO2 per trip. 

In comparison, your car creates between 6 and 9 tons per year. 

Without going into all the equations of how many tankers come to the US per year, let alone our exports, will someone please explain to me how drilling our own oil and moving it through pipelines, along with importing oil from Canada via pipeline will not be more environmentally "green" for the world.

fides' Jack

Pipelines have been proven the safest and most ecological form of oil transportation.  There is no close second.