An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Principles" Pedaling the Gospel...

Friar Rodney Burnap

Friar Rodney Burnap

Anyone that would like to travel with me for a few months...this is what would be required...

1. A strong commitment to serving the Lord...

2. Willing to spend time in prayer and bible study...

3. I mostly tent camp...

4.I am a freegan, and on occasions well store check, dumpster dive for some of my food...

5.It will be your responsibility to get your initial gear, touring bicycle... ultralight and lightweight camping gear.

6. Commit to at least three months of bicycle travel on the road.

7. Be willing to learn how to share your faith effectively.

8.Learn how to put your faith in the LORD...even if the hill is more then 3 feet high...

9. Fall in love with all your Brother's and Sister's in this ministry...a brotherly love...

10. Read and understand the Friar's Rule of Order...this is not a Doctrine but our statement of faith...

11. My main reason for living this way is it free's me up to be available to do God's Will without a lot of distractions...

12. I don't do a lot of miles everyday, I am not trying to get anywhere...I minister to people I meet as I am traveling... and not always to everyone...I some times will street preach or open air field preach...some times I might stay some where just to pray, and read and study my Bible...or just rest.

13. Some times I stay near a town for a while and will minister in a park...or might preach in a church for a Pastor...

14. After 3 months you can stay or choose as the Lord leads to move onto something else...if for a good reason you feel led to move on and not finish the three months then you're allowed to leave, and if for a good reason I feel you should leave I will let you know in love it's not working out...If you stay after the first three months for another 3 months then the next commitment would be for 6 months...And we would see you as "coming out" and wanting to be part of the group.

15.….Rule of Order"

Rule and Life of the Friars of the O.T.N. Way of Christ… Christ Way of living:

The Rule and life of the O.T.N. Way of Christ… Christ Way of living is this: to observe the Holy Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ by living in Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7: 2 and Obedience Hebrews 13:17

16.Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7: 2 and Obedience Hebrews 13:17

17.After the first three months of traveling with me...if you make a commitment for another 3 months...I will take this as a sign that you are interested in being coming a Friar, and there is a life time commitment to this vocation. But your commitment starts after your second 3 months is other...

18. After your first Six month period is over and you still want to stay...you then can start to wear a Friar's Tunic...until then you should always dresse modest. Sisters should wear long dresses not cut their hair nothing form-fitting, Brothers should grow their beard out and keep their hair cut short dressing modest nothing form-fitting...

19.After the second 6 month period is over then you can make a life long commitment to being a Friar and will be given a Hebrew name that represents your strong desire to be a Friar and serving the Lord...

20.Hodos! Peace and all good! In Jesus name....

Leave every thing and then come and ride a loaded touring bicycle with me....

Luke 5:11; Luke 5:28; Luke 12:33; Luke 14:33; Luke 18:22 KJV

Luke 5:11

KJV

11 So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

Luke 5:28

KJV

28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

Luke 12:33

KJV

33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

Luke 14:33

KJV

33 In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

Luke 18:22

KJV

22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Principles

1. We covenant together, as the Order of Naw-Zeer Way of Christ...Christ Way of Living, Franciscans, to observe the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by following the example of Saint Francis of Assisi, who made Christ the inspiration and the center of his life with God and people. Franciscans should devote themselves especially to careful reading of the gospel, going from gospel to life and life to gospel.

2. We seek to encounter the living and active person of Christ in our brothers and sisters, in Sacred Scripture, in the Church, and in liturgical activity...and Worship.

3. We shall go forth as witnesses and instruments of the Church’s mission among all people, proclaiming Christ by our life and words. Called like Saint Francis to preach the Gospel of Salvation to the lost, and inspired by his example, let us devote ourselves, and our whole being to living Luke 14:33 forsaking all (Whosoever KJV) then Mark 16:15 because of Romans 10:14-17.

4. As  Spirit Filled Brothers and Sisters according to Acts 1:4-8 we will go out in the Power of the Holy Ghost, proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all men and women that are lost without salvation.

5. Following the example of Jesus, let prayer be the soul of all we are and do. Praying without ceasing singing and rejoicing praising God. . . Praying in tongues singing in tongues rejoicing in tongues before the holy and righteous God...in Christ Jesus.

6. The Order of Naw-Zeer Way of Christ...Christ Way of Living shall exist to proclaim the gospel to the lost and dying outside of Christ. Going into all the world by faith living with what we can carry.

7. We shall faithfully fulfill the duties proper to our various circumstances of life. We shall proclaim the gospel of salvation with boldness and zeal in the Holy Ghost to all lost people outside of Christ, presenting a gospel that they can understand offering them an opportunity to get saved by faith in Christ Jesus.

8. Christ had no where to lay his head, let us go out in to all the World living by faith believeing God to meet all our needs... Let the Order of Naw-Zeer Way of Christ...Christ Way of Living   seek a proper spirit of detachment from temporal goods by simplifying our own material needs. Let us be mindful that according to the gospel we are stewards of the goods received for the benefits of all peoples in Christ.

9. As members of the Order of Naw-Zeer, Way of Christ...Christ Way of Living    with a gentle and courteous spirit, we accept all people as a gift of the Lord and an image of Christ. A sense of community will make us joyful and ready to place ourselves on an equal basis with all people, especially with the lowly for whom we shall strive to create conditions of life worthy of people redeemed by Christ...so we can win some to salvation in Christ Jesus.

10. As an example the rechabites of Jeremiah 35:7 we're obedient to their forefather Jonadad son of Recab Jeremiah 35:10 We have lived in tents and have and fully obeyed everything our forefathers have commanded us...This I command you...Luke 14:33 Forsake all (Whosoever KJV) then Mark 16:15 because of Romans 10:14-17 Living by faith with what you can carry, going into all the World Preaching the Gospel of Salvation to everyone.

11. We will serve each other, of the Order of New-Zeer, Way of Christ... Christ Way of Living esteeming a brother or sister better then one self...

12. In our families, we shall cultivate the Franciscan spirit of peace, fidelity, and respect for life; striving to make it a sign to a lost and dying world  that needs Christ...that there hope of eternal life is by faith in the risen Savior.

13. We shall respect all people and preach the gospel of salvation to all that God brings into our paths.

14. In obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ and the example of Saint Francis, we are bearers of peace... which must be built up unceasingly. We are compelled to seek out them that are lost as we travel, preaching salvation, living in community, in peace with all people,  in this way...Hodos!

15. Our primary reason of existence is to seek out them that are lost, to Win them to Christ, Equipping them to do the work of the ministry, and to Send them out, two by two  brothers with brothers, sisters with sisters, of this order to do the same...

16. As members of the Order of Naw-Zeer Way of Christ...Christ Way of Living   we covenant to draw up and live by a  Rule of Life based on the Rule of this Order and falling into these disciplines: Worship, Prayer, Penitence, Work, Lifestyle, Mission, Obedience, Community. We shall always be under supervision and accountable to each other in Christ Jesus.

17. Admission into this Order is gradually attained through a time of orientation, a period of formation of at least two years, and profession of the Rule. The entire community is engaged in this process of growth and formation. Profession by its nature is a permanent commitment. Believers in the Way of Christ, may belong to the  Order of Naw-Zeer Way of Christ...Christ Way of Living. This Order is a self-governing body whose Brothers and Sisters meet daily and is governed by its professed members who meet for times of prayer and worship... in accordance with this Rule and in harmony with Jesus Christ and his Bible the Word of God.

friarrodney_burnap@yahoo.com

Friar Rodney Burnap

Rule of Order

Rule and Life of the Friars of the O.T.N. Way of Christ... Christ Way of living:

The Rule and life of the O.T.N. Way of Christ... Christ Way of living is this: to observe the Holy Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ by living in Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7:2 and Obedience Hebrews 13:17

. . .

Those Who Wish to Adopt This Life, and How They Should be Received.

If there are any who wish to accept this life and come to our brothers, Let the ministers examine them carefully to see if they are in the faith. If they believe all these things, will faithfully profess them, and steadfastly observe them to the end; and if they have no wives, or if they have wives who have already taken a vow of continence and are of such an age that suspicion cannot be raised about them, and who have let the ministers speak to them the words of the holy Gospel that they go and sell all they have and take care to give it to the poor (cf. Mt 19:21/ /Mk 10:21/ /Lk 18:22//Lk 14:33). If they cannot do this, let their good will suffice. Let the brothers and the minister be careful not to interfere with their temporal goods that they may dispose of their belongings as the Lord inspires them. If, however, counsel is sought, the minister may send them to some God-fearing persons according to whose advice their goods may be distributed to the poor.

Then they may be given the clothes of probation, namely, two tunics without a hood, a cord, short trousers, and a little cape reaching to the cord, unless, at times, it see ms good to these same ministers, before God, to act otherwise. When the year of probation has come to an end, let them be received to obedience promising to observe always this Rule and Life. On no account will it be lawful for them to leave this Order,for, according to the Gospel: no one who puts a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the kingdom of God (Lk 9:62).

Let those who have already promised obedience have one tunic with a hood and another, if they wish, without a hood. And those who are compelled by necessity may wear shoes. Let all the brothers wear poor clothes and they may mend them with pieces of sackcloth or other material with the blessing of God. I admonish and exhort them not to look down upon or judge those whom they see dressed in soft and fine clothes and enjoying the choisest food and drink, but rather let everyone judge and look down upon himself.

. . .

The passion of the Way of Christ is that I deliberately sign away my own rights and become a bond-slave of Jesus the Christ. Until I do that, I do not begin to be a believer in the Way of Christ.

3 Things .1Forsake all .2 men cut your hair and grow a beard .3 sisters need to stop cutting there hair and dress modestly. . .long  dresses.
These are standards of Holy Living Friars are not like the World. We are set apart for God. We are bought with a price, we are not our own. We are bond slaves to Christ. . .not like other men we be long to God.
The 4 basics .1 read and study your bible(s) everyday .2 Pray . . .Worship and Praise God as a lifestyle .3 fellowship with believers of the Way of Christ. . .   .4 Share your faith, Preach the Gospel of Salvation. We are intentional in Serving God, each other and for filling the Great Commission . . .Hodos!

OTN Way of Christ . . .Christ Way of Living!
. . .

Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7:2 and Obedience Hebrews

Going on  a pilgrimage . . .it will change your life . . .be blessed in the mighty name of a Holy and Righteous God in Christ Jesus . . .your called to help bring in God's Harvest . . .Mark 16:15 your no ordinary person you where created in the image of God . . .Hodos!

O. T. N. WAY OF CHRIST . . .CHRIST WAY OF LIVING
 . . .
 Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7:2, and Obedience Hebrews 13:17

The rule of life of these Friars is this: to live in  Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7:2 and Obedience Hebrews 13:17  and to follow the teaching and the footprints of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who says: 'If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.' (Mt. 16:24) 'He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of me.' [Mt. 10:37]

SIMPLICITY: 

"And all those who had believed were together, and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions, and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need. And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God, and having favor with all the people." (Acts 2:44-47a) 

For both Franciscans and the early Church, there was no personal property, and humility and compassion were continuously exercised in both human and natural companionship. The Friars, in standing for simplicity of life, are inspired by the faith of the first believers in the Way of Christ and the early church, whose complete surrender to the Lord and reckless giving of all offered to the world of their day a new vision of the divine society in which a fresh attitude was taken towards material things. This vision continued in the early Church and was renewed by Saint Francis who, choosing the Lady Poverty for his bride, desired that all barriers set up by privilege based on wealth should be destroyed by love. 

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. Seek his kingdom first, and these things will be given to you as well." (Lk. 12:27-31)

They will commit to the tithe as a holy minimum of giving to the church. Since complete love gives everything, Luke14:33, the Friars will be concerned for the generosity that gives all, rather than for the value of poverty alone. In so doing they will reflect, in spirit, the acceptance of that counsel of their Master's, "Go, sell all, everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." 

CHASTITY: 

Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. "(St. Matthew 23:37-38] Chastity as interpreted by the O. T. N. Way of Christ . . .Christ Way of Living represents purity in conduct, intention, restraint, simplicity in expression, personal integrity and the dedication of our whole being to God. Wholly given to him, we recognize that we belong to God alone, and because of this knowledge, we see all other people as belonging to Him only. 

For the Friars, married, unmarried or celibate the pledge of chastity means purity of conduct , 1 Corinthians 7:2, intention as well as a commitment of love to others. "The second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." (Mt. 22:39-40) The Friars know that chastity involves the risk and openness of Christ's love, without either demands or expectation of return. It means to love but not to possess: to give but not to count the cost. Love is voluntary, habitual and a very part of one's being. Within love, the emotions and intimacy of sexual relations are expressed only in married life; a limitation that sets us all free to love many people with openness and generosity. 

Those Friars who are married recognize the significance both Christ and the early believers in the Way of Christ bestowed upon marriage. The Friars respect and value their spouses and with them, they will make or renew their vow of fidelity, not only in regard to the gift of sexual intimacy but also in the giving and sharing of all that they are and have. 

Using the covenant of marriage as their model, the Friars will seek to found, build and support a strong sense of the Way of Christ, and community. Those Friars who are unmarried, whether by choice or through force of circumstance, the pledge of chastity makes clear their commitment to the love of the Lord. Because of this love they will neither exploit nor withdraw from other people. In celibacy, a vow, similar to the marriage vow, makes known to others the intention to make a common life together as brothers in Christ. For the celibate, chastity shall not be a cause for pride, but an expression of their love for Christ and His witness. The Gospel pictures Christ as affectionate and outgoing. Celibacy without love is not only senseless, but humanly degrading to the personality. For all, chastity is not the rejection of one's own or anyone else's sexuality but the appreciation of it as the sacramental expression of loving human relationship. It is through such moral discipline that we portray the freedom we have in Christ. 

OBEDIENCE:

Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (St. John 14:15). The Friars understand obedience as the acceptance of their vocation as lovers, lovers of God and of our fellow men through which they achieve integrity and fulfillment. Humanity is to fulfill two functions in the universe. In the first place, they are to be the priest, offering for themselves and on behalf of all creation the sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving to the creator. That sacrifice is expressed in obedient love. 

Second, we are called to cooperate with God in bringing about a society of love. Mankind has an essential part in this because even God cannot establish such a society from without by force. It can only be developed from within by love. It does not, however, have to be initiated by us. It is the Kingdom of God that our Lord Jesus Christ has brought into our midst. We can enter it here and now by committing ourselves in faith to him. To the extent that we do this, he can use us as the agents through who he extends his love to others. 

Obedience is not fulfilled in passively accepting and obeying the directions of others. It involves the offering of our whole personality with all its gifts. For members of the O. T. N. Way of Christ . . .Christ Way of Living, it means taking our full part in the common life of the believers of the Way of Christ. . . Obedience means contributing not only our abilities but also our ideas and initiative to the creation of love within their community, the church and the world around us. The Friars' responsibility is to God, society and themselves, which they alone can discover and exercise. 

Friars are admonished not to strive for superior positions but, when they are called to bear offices and to exercise leadership, they will attempt to be at the service of all. The Friars called to servant/leadership role are to be gentle, peaceable and a source of light. If we are humble before God in this manner, we shall be able to live as joyful and carefree human beings, prepared to extend our love and care to all. Obedience shall not be imposed from without but must be the inner, loving response of each member to God. It is manifested in obeying the Rule of the Order. All Friars are under obedience to the Rule of the order. Those called to leadership in the O. T. N. Way of Christ . . .Christ Way of Living, have the responsibility to administer the Rule and to see to the decisions of the order and their implementation. The Friars are in obedience first to their Arch-Abbot followed by the bishop. On no authority, however, may anyone act contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ, as revealed in the written word . . .

Sola Scriptura

Rule of Order... NEW MONASTIC FRIARS  . . .

ORDER OF THE NAW-ZEER WAY OF CHRIST . . .CHRIST WAY OF LIVING. . .HODOS!

E3.WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine. 

4.WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.

5.WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). 

6.WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion. . .

7.WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. 

8.WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.

9.WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.

10.WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.

11.WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.

12.WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). 

13.WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. 

14.WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.

15.WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.

16.WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'
 . . .

The Scriptures Inspired

The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
•2 Timothy 3:15-17 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Thessalonians 2:13 [KJV/NIV] 
•2 Peter 1:21 [KJV/NIV]

2. The One True God

The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

•Deuteronomy 6:4 [KJV/NIV]

•Isaiah 43:10,11 [KJV/NIV]

•Matthew 28:19 [KJV/NIV]

•Luke 3:22 [KJV/NIV] 

The Adorable Godhead

a. Terms Defined
 The terms "Trinity" and "persons" as related to the Godhead, while not found in the Scriptures, are words in harmony with Scripture, whereby we may convey to others our immediate understanding of the doctrine of Christ respecting the Being of God, as distinguished from "gods many and lords many." We therefore may speak with propriety of the Lord our God who is One Lord, as a trinity or as one Being of three persons, and still be absolutely scriptural.
•2 Corinthians 13:14 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 14:16-17 [KJV/NIV] 

b. Distinction and Relationship in the Godhead
 Christ taught a distinction of Persons in the Godhead which He expressed in specific terms of relationship, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but that this distinction and relationship, as to its mode is inscrutable and incomprehensible, because unexplained.
• •Luke 1:35 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Corinthians 1:24 [KJV/NIV] 
•Matthew 11:25-27 [KJV/NIV] 
•2 Corinthians 13:14 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 1:3-4 [KJV/NIV])

c. Unity of the One Being of Father, Son and Holy Spirit
 Accordingly, therefore, there is that in the Father which constitutes him the Father and not the Son; there is that in the Son which constitutes Him the Son and not the Father; and there is that in the Holy Spirit which constitutes Him the Holy Spirit and not either the Father or the Son. Wherefore the Father is the Begetter, the Son is the Begotten, and the Holy Spirit is the one proceeding from the Father and the Son. Therefore, because these three persons in the Godhead are in a state of unity, there is but one Lord God Almighty and His name one.
• •John 1:18 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 15:26 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 17:11 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 17:21 [KJV/NIV] 
•Zechariah 14:9 [KJV/NIV]

d. Identity and Cooperation in the Godhead
 The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are never identical as to Person; nor confused as to relation; nor divided in respect to the Godhead; nor opposed as to cooperation. The Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son as to relationship. The Son is with the Father and the Father is with the Son, as to fellowship. The Father is not from the Son, but the Son is from the Father, as to authority. The Holy Spirit is from the Father and the Son proceeding, as to nature, relationship, cooperation and authority. Hence, neither Person in the Godhead either exists or works separately or independently of the others.
• •John 5:17-30 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 5:32 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 5:37 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 8:17,18 [KJV/NIV]

e. The Title, Lord Jesus Christ
 The appellation, "Lord Jesus Christ," is a proper name. It is never applied in the New Testament, either to the Father or to the Holy Spirit. It therefore belongs exclusively to the Son of God.
•Romans 1:1-3 [KJV/NIV]
•2 John 1:3 [KJV/NIV

f. The Lord Jesus Christ, God with Us
 The Lord Jesus Christ, as to His divine and eternal nature, is the proper and only Begotten of the Father, but as to His human nature, He is the proper Son of Man. He is therefore, acknowledged to be both God and man; who because He is God 3 man is "Immanuel," God with us.
• • Matthew 1:23 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 4:2 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 4:10 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 4:14 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 1:13 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 1:17 [KJV/NIV]

g. The Title, Son of God
 Since the name "Immanuel" embraces both God and man in the one Person, our Lord Jesus Christ, it follows that the title, Son of God, describes His proper deity, and the title, Son of Man, His proper humanity. Therefore, the title Son of God, belongs to the order of eternity, and the title, Son of Man, to the order of time.z
• •Matthew 1:21-23 [KJV/NIV] 
•2 John 1:3 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 3:8 [KJV/NIV] 
•Hebrews 7:3 [KJV/NIV] 
•Hebrews 1:1-13 [KJV/NIV]

h. Transgression of the Doctrine of Christ
 Wherefore, it is a transgression of the Doctrine of Christ to say that Jesus Christ derived the title, Son of God, solely from the fact of the incarnation, or because of His relation to the economy of redemption. Therefore, to deny that the Father is a real and eternal Father, and that the Son is a real and eternal Son, is a denial of the distinction and relationship in the Being of God; a denial of the Father, and the Son; and a displacement of the truth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
• •2 John 1:9 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 1:1 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 1:2 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 1:14 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 1:18 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 1:29 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 1:49 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 2:22,23 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 John 4:1-5 [KJV/NIV] 
•Hebrews 12:2 [KJV/NIV]

i. Exaltation of Jesus Christ as Lord
 The Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, having by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; angels and principalities and powers having been made subject unto Him. And having been made both Lord and Christ, He sent the Holy Spirit that we, in the name of Jesus, might bow our knees and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father until the end, when the Son shall become subject to the Father that God may be all in all.
• •Hebrews 1:3 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Peter 3:22 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 2:32-36 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 14:11 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Corinthians 15:24-28 [KJV/NIV]

j. Equal Honor to the Father and to the Son
 Wherefore, since the Father has delivered all judgment unto the Son, it is not only the express duty of all in heaven and on earth to bow the knee, but it is an unspeakable joy in the Holy Spirit to ascribe unto the Son all the attributes of Deity, and to give Him all honor and the glory contained in all the names and titles of the Godhead except those which express relationship (see Distinction and Relationship in the Godhead, Unity of the One Being of Father, Son and Holy Spirit , and Identity and Cooperation in the Godhead) and thus honor the Son even as we honor the Father.
• •John 5:22,23 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Peter 1:8 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 5:6-14 [KJV/NIV] 
•Philippians 2:8,9 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 7:9-10 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 4:8-11 [KJV/NIV]

3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ

The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare:

His virgin birth,
•Matthew 1:23 [KJV/NIV] 
•Luke 1:31 [KJV/NIV] 
•Luke 1:35 [KJV/NIV] 

His sinless life,
•Hebrews 7:26 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Peter 2:22 [KJV/NIV] 

His miracles,
•Acts 2:22 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 10:38 [KJV/NIV] 

His substitutionary work on the cross,
•1 Corinthians 15:3 [KJV/NIV] 
•2 Corinthians 5:21 [KJV/NIV] 

His bodily resurrection from the dead,
•Matthew 28:6 [KJV/NIV] 
•Luke 24:39 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Corinthians 15:4 [KJV/NIV] 

His exaltation to the right hand of God.
•Acts 1:9 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 1:11 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 2:33 [KJV/NIV] 
•Philippians 2:9-11 [KJV/NIV] 
•Hebrews 1:3 [KJV/NIV

4. The Fall of Man

Man was created good and upright; for God said, "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness." However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
•Genesis 1:26,27 [KJV/NIV] 
•Genesis 2:17 [KJV/NIV] 
•Genesis 3:6 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 5:12-19 [KJV/NIV]

5. The Salvation of Man

Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Conditions to Salvation

Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal life.
•Luke 24:47 [KJV/NIV] 
•John 3:3 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 10:13-15 [KJV/NIV] 
•Ephesians 2:8 [KJV/NIV] 
•Titus 2:11 [KJV/NIV] 
•Titus 3:5-7 [KJV/NIV] 

The Evidence of Salvation

The inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit.
•Romans 8:16 [KJV/NIV] 

The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness.
•Ephesians 4:24 [KJV/NIV] 
•Titus 2:12 [KJV/NIV]

6. The Ordinances of the Church

Baptism in Water

The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures. All who repent and believe on Christ as Saviour and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
•Mark 16:16 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 10:47,48 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 6:4 [KJV/NIV]

Holy Communion

The Lord's Supper, consisting of the elements --bread and the fruit of the vine-- is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:4 [KJV/NIV]), a memorial of his suffering and death (1 Corinthians 11:26 [KJV/NIV]), and a prophecy of His second coming (1 Corinthians 11:26 [KJV/NIV]), and is enjoined on all believers "till He come!"

7.  Baptism in the Holy Spirit

All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early Christian Church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry.
•Luke 24:49 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 1:4 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 1:8 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Corinthians 12:1-31 [KJV/NIV] 

This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth.
•Acts 8:12-17 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 10:44-46 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 11:14-16 [KJV/NIV] 
•Acts 15:7-9 [KJV/NIV] 

With the baptism in the Holy Spirit come such experiences as:

•an overflowing fullness of the Spirit, John 7:37-39 [KJV/NIV], Acts 4:8 [KJV/NIV]

•a deepened reverence for God, Acts 2:43 [KJV/NIV], Hebrews 12:28 [KJV/NIV]

•an intensified consecration to God and dedication to His work, Acts 2:42 [KJV/NIV]

•and a more active love for Christ, for His Word and for the lost, Mark 16:20 [KJV/NIV]

8. The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit

The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance.
•Acts 2:4 [KJV/NIV] 

The speaking in tongues in this instance is the same in essence as the gift of tongues, but is different in purpose and use.
•1 Corinthians 12:4-10 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Corinthians 12:28 [KJV/NIV]

9. Sanctification

Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God.
•Romans 12:1,2 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Thessalonians 5:23 [KJV/NIV] 
•Hebrews 13:12 [KJV/NIV] 

The Scriptures teach a life of "holiness without which no man shall see the Lord."
•Hebrews 12:14 [KJV/NIV] 

By the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to obey the command: "Be ye holy, for I am holy."
•1 Peter 1:15,16 [KJV/NIV] 

Sanctification is realized in the believer by recognizing his identification with Christ in His death and resurrection, and by the faith reckoning daily upon the fact of that union, and by offering every faculty continually to the dominion of the Holy Spirit.
•Romans 6:1-11 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 6:13 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 8:1,2 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 8:13 [KJV/NIV] 
•Galatians 2:20 [KJV/NIV] 
•Philippians 2:12,13 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Peter 1:5 [KJV/NIV]

10. The Church and its Mission

The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of Church of the Firstborn, which are written in heaven.
•Ephesians 1:22,23 [KJV/NIV] 
•Ephesians 2:22 [KJV/NIV] 
•Hebrews 12:23 [KJV/NIV] 

Since God’s purpose concerning man is to seek and to save that which is lost, to be worshipped by man, to build a body of believers in the image of His Son, and to demonstrate His love and compassion for all the world, the priority reason for being of the Church is:
 1.To be an agency of God for evangelizing the world. • Acts 1:8 [KJV/NIV]
• Matthew 28:19,20 [KJV/NIV]
• Mark 16:15,16 [KJV/NIV] 

2.To be a corporate body in which man may worship God. • 1 Corinthians 12:13 [KJV/NIV] 

3.To be a channel of God’s purpose to build a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son. • Ephesians 4:11-16 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 12:28 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 14:12 [KJV/NIV]

4.To be a people who demonstrate God’s love and compassion for all the world. • Psalms 112:9 [KJV/NIV]
• Galatians 2:10; 6:10 [KJV/NIV]
• James 1:27 [KJV/NIV]

O.T.N. exists expressly to give continuing emphasis to this reason for being in the New Testament apostolic pattern by teaching and encouraging believers to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. This experience:
 1.Enables them to evangelize in the power of the Spirit with accompanying supernatural signs. • Mark 16:15-20 [KJV/NIV]
• Acts 4:29-31 [KJV/NIV]
• Hebrews 2:3,4 [KJV/NIV] 

2.Adds a necessary dimension to worshipful relationship with God. • 1 Corinthians 2:10-16 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 12 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 13 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 14 [KJV/NIV] 

3.Enables them to respond to the full working of the Holy Spirit in expression of fruit and gifts and ministries as in New Testament times for the edifying of the body of Christ and care for the poor and needy of the world. • Galatians 5:22-26 [KJV/NIV]
• Matthew 25:37-40 [KJV/NIV]
• Galatians 6:10 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 14:12 [KJV/NIV]
• Ephesians 4:11,12 [KJV/NIV]
• 1 Corinthians 12:28 [KJV/NIV]
• Colossians 1:29 [KJV/NIV]

11. The Ministry

A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the fourfold purpose of leading the Church in:

Evangelization of the world.
•Mark 16:15-20 [KJV/NIV] 

Worship of God.
•John 4:23,24 [KJV/NIV] 

Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son.
•Ephesians 4:11-16 [KJV/NIV]

Meeting human need with ministries of love and compassion.
•Psalms 112:9 [KJV/NIV]
•Galatians 2:10; 6:10 [KJV/NIV]
•James 1:27 [KJV/NIV]

12. Divine Healing

Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
•Isaiah 53:4,5 [KJV/NIV] 
•Matthew 8:16,17 [KJV/NIV] 
•James 5:14-16 [KJV/NIV]

13. The Blessed Hope

The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church.
•1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 8:23 [KJV/NIV] 
•Titus 2:13 [KJV/NIV] 
•1 Corinthians 15:51,52 [KJV/NIV]

14. The Millennial Reign of Christ

The second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints, which is our blessed hope, followed by the visible return of Christ with His saints to reign on earth for one thousand years.
•Zechariah 14:5 [KJV/NIV] 
•Matthew 24:27 [KJV/NIV] 
•Matthew 24:30 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 1:7 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 19:11-14 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 20:1-6 [KJV/NIV] 

This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel,
•Ezekiel 37:21,22 [KJV/NIV] 
•Zephaniah 3:19,20 [KJV/NIV] 
•Romans 11:26,27 [KJV/NIV] 

and the establishment of universal peace.
•Isaiah 11:6-9 [KJV/NIV] 
•Psalms 72:3-8 [KJV/NIV] 
•Micah 4:3,4 [KJV/NIV]

15. The Final Judgment

There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
•Matthew 25:46 [KJV/NIV] 
•Mark 9:43-48 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 19:20 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 20:11-15 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 21:8 [KJV/NIV]

16. The New Heavens and the New Earth

"We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness."
•2 Peter 3:13 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 21 [KJV/NIV] 
•Revelation 22 [KJV/NIV]

The Rule of St. Francis (c.1233)

This is the rule and life of the Minor Brothers, namely, to observe the holy gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by living in obedience, in poverty, and in chastity. 
I counsel, warn, and exhort my brothers in the Lord Jesus Christ that when they go out into the world they shall not be quarrelsome or contentious, nor judge others. But they shall be gentle, peaceable, and kind, mild and humble, and virtuous in speech, as is becoming to all. They shall not ride on horseback unless compelled by manifest necessity or infirmity to do so. When they enter  house they shall say, "Peace be to this house." According to the holy gospel, they may eat of whatever food is set before them.

I strictly forbid all the brothers to accept money or property either in person or through another. Nevertheless, for the needs of the sick, and for clothing the other brothers, the ministers and guardians may, as they see that necessity requires, provide through spiritual friends, according o the locality, season, and the degree of cold which may be expected in the region where hey live. But, as has been said, they shall never receive money or property.

Those brothers to whom the Lord has given the ability to work shall work faithfully and devotedly, so that idleness, which is the enemy of the soul, may be excluded and not extinguish the spirit of prayer and devotion to which all temporal things should be subservient. As the price of their labors they may receive things that are necessary for themselves and the brothers, but not money or property. And they shall humbly receive what is given them, as is becoming to the servants of God and to those who practice the most holy poverty.

The brothers shall have nothing of their own, neither house, nor land, nor anything, but as pilgrims and strangers in this world, serving the Lord in poverty and humility, let them confidently go asking alms. Nor let them be ashamed of this, for the Lord made himself poor for us in this world. This is the highest pitch of poverty which has made you, my dearest brothers, heirs and kings of the kingdom of heaven, which has made you poor in goods, and exalted you in virtues. .

O. T. N. WAY OF CHRIST . . .CHRIST WAY OF LIVING
 . . .
 Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7:2, and Obedience Hebrews 13:17

. . .

... The New Monastic Friars of the O. T. N. Way of Christ . . .Christ Way of Living are brothers with a strong burden for the Salvation of others...

... Great Commission. Mark 16:15

A Friar is a Brother or Sister with a calling to field preach...and live as a mendicant. . .Luke 14:33 in the tradition of Brother Frances of Assisi

Friars have standard of living...standards of Holy living like our prayer life and Bible study is on going...many of us are Naw-Zeer...Nazirite...We live following a Rule of Order... Other things we do is live as Itinerate Preachers of the Gospel of Salivation.  We live by faith trusting the Lord to meet all our needs...Luke 14:33 Mark 16:15 1Timothy 6:7-8

Distinction of New Friars

1.Incarnational: The new friars seek to be the gospel by becoming part of the communities of the dispossessed among whom they seek to serve, moving into their informal shantytowns and becoming, to a large degree, one of them.
 2.Devotional: The new friars are organized around a set of spiritual commitments to govern their walk with Jesus, with one another, and with the communities of lost, poor, or broken souls into which they have moved.
 3.Communal: The new friars live together and hold in common many of those things that they held privately before joining the community.
 4.Missional: The new friars have something of the spirit of mission-driven monks and nuns in them, leaving their mother countries and moving to those parts of the world where little is known about Jesus.
 5.Marginal: The new friars are on the fringe of the mainstream church and they seek to plant themselves amount people who exist on the edge of society (sex workers, street kids, orphans and families who are simply trapped in poverty).

. . .

Rap 7 7 7

We try and live as simple as can be; living with as less as possible in order to reach as many souls as possible.

Goals and qualifications

1.) We are to be born again spirit filled Christians.

2.) We commit to reading our bibles everyday.

3.) When given an opportunity to share our faith we will do so with utmost love and as much scripture as necessary.

4.) We commit to praying on a daily basis.

5.) We realize that we are not promised tomorrow and that today may be the last chance for someone to hear the good news of the gospel, before slipping into eternity.

6.)We are not a denomination: but a body of believers in Jesus Christ living in our Kings Kingdom.

7.) We believe that you should assemble at a local fellowship of believers of your choice, prayerfully, and financially.

What we believe

1.) We believe in The tri-unity of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, maker of heaven and earth.

2.) We believe that one must have a relationship with Jesus Christ or they are not saved in the true biblical sense of it’s meaning.

3.) We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary.

4. We believe that he suffered under the hands of Pontius pilot, was crucified.

5.) We believe the third day Jesus rose from the dead.

6.) We believe he ascended to the right hand of our Father God almighty.

7.) We believe he will return to judge the world of sin and unrighteousness.

8.) We believe that the church is a universal body of believers that meet and assemble collectively anywhere, anyplace, and at anytime.

9.) We also believe in the equality and essential dignity of men and women of all ethnic cultures and backgrounds.

10.) We believe that all persons are created in the Image of God and so should reflect a godly life in actions, deeds, feeling and thinking: in their everyday lives at home, work and play, after acceptance of Jesus Into their life.

11.) We believe that men and women are to use their God given gifts for the good of the home, church, and society.

The Cost Luke 14:33. . .

. . .Luke 9:21-24: "Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." 
 . Matthew 19:27-29: "Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." 
 . Luke 14:33: "So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." 
 . Luke 18:22-25: 22 When Jesus heard that, he said, “Then there’s only one thing left to do: Sell everything you own and give it away to the poor. You will have riches in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 23 This was the last thing the official expected to hear. He was very rich and became terribly sad. He was holding on tight to a lot of things and not about to let them go. 24-25 Seeing his reaction, Jesus said, “Do you have any idea how difficult it is for people who have it all to enter God’s kingdom? I’d say it’s easier to thread a camel through a needle’s eye than get a rich person into God’s kingdom.”

Jesus is Lord ישוע הוא אלוהים 

Order of the Naw-Zeer. . .Luke 14:33 Mark16:15 ...Come in the Holy name of Jesus the Christ with me...lets get some people saved...

Simplicity Luke 14:33, Chastity 1Corinthians 7:2 and Obedience Hebrews 13:17

Living in Community...Loving and Serving people....are some of the things that set a New Monastic Friar apart from just going to church during the week....We are becoming the church and doers of the Word of God...Luke 14:33 is where all Friars must start....Mark 16:15 is where all Friars are going....
 . . .

...New Monasticism is something you become....3 things that sent us apart .1. We are sold out believers of God....we are intentional believers in the Way of Christ...doers of the word... soldiers of the cross....2 We have a vision and a burden to see the world won to Christ....to for fill the Great Commission....to pay any price to bring in the Harvest.....3 To live simply....in obedience ....and live Holy....Naziriten Monks/ New Monastic Friars are men and women sold out to God that live a Holy lifestyle with the help of the Holy Spirit....we are to be set apart for God...we live primarily with what we can carry  ...we mostly tent camp traveling and living in community trusting God to meet all our needs. We pray and study the bible... believe in modern day miracles signs and wonders....We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and are Spirit filled believers...pray about joining me and becoming a New Monastic Friar.....mankind is going to Hell what will you do about it, the Great Commission is not the Great Suggestion.....friarrodney_burnap@yahoo.com. .... Order of the Naw-Zeer James 2:14-26

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. 20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone. 25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. 

Titus 2:11-14 

Not only must we count upon forsaking all, we must also run the full distance to arrive at the Kingdom of God (Hebrews 12:1). In the two illustrations, Jesus teaches that discipleship must include planning and sacrifice (Romans 12:1-2). In the first, He instructs that, before a person begins to build, he should be sure he is willing and able to pay the full cost of the project. Similarly, Jesus' followers must be sure they are willing to pay the full price of discipleship.

In the second, He explains that we must be willing to sacrifice pleasures, distractions, material possessions, even family, if we are unable to prevail with them—that is, if they would prevent us from serving God. This principle of sacrifice is essential in the realm of discipleship: One must be willing to give up everything for Jesus. Many professing Christians have been unwilling to renounce former, false beliefs. They syncretize God's truth with doctrinal baggage brought from their previous religious fellowships, never quite forsaking the traditions of men (Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:13-14).

The first parable represents deliberation and adequate preparation, and the second calls for stamina and fighting strength to face a foe with greater strength. In this war against our powerful enemies—Satan, the world, and our human nature—we must be willing to count the cost and to sacrifice. We cannot enter the fray hastily or carelessly, but we must exercise self-control. Paul writes, "Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection" (I Corinthians 9:26-27). We will overcome them only with the help of the Spirit of our King.

Light line friarrodney_burnap@yahoo.com Brother Rodney . . .

...in Jesus Name Rap 777

Order of the Naw-Zeer Way of CHRIST . . .CHRIST Way of Living, Hodos!
 Jesus is Lord 
 Jesus loves you. . . .
  Pax et bonum. . . .!

The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a vital experience of the Christian life. It is a special work of the Spirit beyond salvation. On the Day of Pentecost, disciples who had already made a decision to follow Jesus "were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues" (Acts 2:4). Paul asked the Ephesians disciples if they had received the Holy Spirit, after which "the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues" (Acts 19:2). New Testament believers were constantly challenged to be filled with the Spirit (Acts 1:4,5; Ephesians 5:18). 
"The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance (Acts 2:4)." The evidence always occurred (and still does today) at the time believers were baptized in the Spirit, not at some indeterminate future time.
Speaking in tongues is the only phenomenon mentioned every time Scripture supplies details concerning the Baptism experience. Of the five instances in Acts which recount the experience of believers being baptized in the Spirit, three supply details. Speaking in tongues is the only one that occurs each time (Acts 2, 10, 19). In the Acts 10 account, tongues is specifically mentioned as proof that "the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues" (Acts 10:45, 46). The relationship between the phenomenon and the experience cannot be ignored.
In the two cases where details are not supplied, circumstances strongly imply that speaking with other tongues accompanied the experience. In Acts 8 Simon saw something (most likely tongues) that prompted him to offer money for the power to impart such a gift. In Acts 9 Saul (who became Paul) is filled with the Spirit without the mention of any details. However, Paul later testified, "I speak in tongues more than all of you" (1 Corinthians 14:18). It is logical to conclude that he began speaking in tongues when he was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
We believe the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues is the promise of the Father to every Christian who desires the experience.
CONCERNS:

Pentecostals have a legitimate concern about those who oppose the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Opponents claim narrative portions of the Bible, like the Book of Acts, are not sufficient support for tongues as the initial evidence of the Baptism. But if critics can pick and choose the portions of Scripture to be given divine authenticity and authority, who then determines which portions are most meaningful? Certainly we must take to heart the words of Paul to Timothy, "All scripture is God breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16).
We also have a concern that some Pentecostals look on the Baptism and tongues as ends in themselves rather than as means to a much greater end. The Baptism is the entry experience introducing the believer to the !

This post does not sound as if you belong to a recognised religious community. Only communities who are known to and fully supported by their diocese may 'advertise' on Phatmass. If this is the case, please send me or one of the other moderators the contact details of the bishop who oversaw your foundation or a link to an official diocesan website listing the community. Thanks.

• beatitude locked this topic