An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic church swamped with hundreds of new sex abuse claims after legal change

"The Catholic Church in Victoria is facing at least 800 new legal actions for child sexual abuse in the wake of landmark legislation allowing victims to sue the church and revisit unfair settlements made under in-house compensation schemes."

"Among them are lawsuits in the Victorian Supreme Court seeking compensation for abuse by convicted paedophile priests, including Gerald Ridsdale and Paul David Ryan. At least one action has been filed against George Pell."

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6407093/catholic-church-swamped-with-hundreds-of-new-sex-abuse-claims/?cs=62&fbclid=IwAR14VydxumXKUACB-MHAexOHko_k3lAtPLXNNh3s-Ql1JlaaUVye0M_glH0

I pray God delivers our Priesthood of all active homosexuals, pedophiles and any other type of sexually deviancy in the priesthood!!!  

This is disgusting!  I hope every guilty priest is brought to justice!!! The Church has suffered enough of this sick debased crime!  Christ himself said a millstone should be tied to their  necks and thrown into the sea!  So disgusted was he with sins against the innocent!  

BUT I also pray for the many INNOCENT priests who will be accused in this maddening climate.  I’ve known a few...destroys their entire life... :( 

I know this not what Jesus expects from His apostles. I dont know what happened from then till now but none of that is supposed to be in there. Strange. The place you thought should be a refuge and safe harbor from these things turns out to be the place thats harbors them.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:06 AM, Josh said:

allowing victims to sue the church and revisit unfair settlements made under in-house compensation schemes."

Good video by 60 minutes detailing the schemes used by Pell on payouts for victims.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:06 AM, Josh said:

"Among them are lawsuits in the Victorian Supreme Court seeking compensation for abuse by convicted paedophile priests, including Gerald Ridsdale and Paul David Ryan. At least one action has been filed against George Pell."

How Pell was brought to justice. Those central to the case speak out.

I still believe Pell's innocent in the case he was convicted for.  I truly hope he is innocent and is found to be innocent.  It is beyond devastating for these cases to be true.  I wish there were less, not more scandals in our Church.. 

As for people who leave the Church over scandals hitting home....I'm sure it is extremely difficult...but my hope for Catholics is not to allow the workings of Judas make them betray Jesus... 

Pray and sacrifice for the conversion of sinners, for healing for victims, for the Church...