An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good that this place exists.

Seven77

Just wanted to say that it's a great thing that this place exists. Especially now more than ever… There's a lot of confusion in the world, including among Catholics living in it. I think that this is a very relevant platform, for encouraging, strengthening, clarifying, and reaching out.

Thank you for keeping it going, Dust.

13 hours ago, Seven77 said:

Just wanted to say that it's a great thing that this place exists. Especially now more than ever… There's a lot of confusion in the world, including among Catholics living in it. I think that this is a very relevant platform, for encouraging, strengthening, clarifying, and reaching out.

Excellent comment.  For me it is also a shelter - a place I can relax and just be the loopy me and feel accepted simply as another Pham member even when I am as loopy as a March hare.  I wrote a poem years ago - one line runs " Truth finds some shelter in mad or truth the cause"

I joined in 2008, some 11 years ago, and many times Phatmass was the only place I found friends and encouragement, support including for Faith and trust, at times under some stress.

"And the King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me." Matthew Ch 25

Be nice to me, guys.  I apparently can pack quite a punch somehow.

:like2: 

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Phatmass is unique.    This is one of the things I really love about The Holy Spirit - He can and will act outside the square.  He will not be defined and contained in a nice neat compartment, kept in control.

When Pope John XXIII I think said "to open the windows and let the Holy Spirit in".  "Goodness me, I thought, here we go".  It was not the gentle breeze of Elijah, but the strong driving wind of Pentecost and change.

"

"And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, 2 and it filled the entire house in which they were.

hen there appeared to them tongues as of fire, 3 which parted and came to rest on each one of them.And they were all filled with the holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues, 

as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim".  Acts Chapter 2

7 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Phatmass is unique.    This is one of the things I really love about The Holy Spirit - He can and will act outside the square.  He will not be defined and contained in a nice neat compartment, kept in control.

When Pope John XXIII I think said "to open the windows and let the Holy Spirit in".  "Goodness me, I thought, here we go".  It was not the gentle breeze of Elijah, but the strong driving wind of Pentecost and change.

"

We Americans say, "outside the box." But "outside the square" will do :)

Anyway, Amen! Come Holy Spirit with the strong driving wind of Pentecost and renew the face of the earth! (Keeping very much in mind that He is the Spirit of Truth, not of  "another gospel" or  "progressivism"). Fresh air, not the stench of the change of the filth which is as old as the deceiver who is responsible for it.

Edited by Seven77

We Americans say, "outside the box." But "outside the square" will do :)

Hi Seven - We sometimes say "outside the box" too - meaning the same thing as "outside the square".  To me, it means that rules and regulations are existing inside the box or the square.  I don't think The Holy Spirit is interested in being contained, obedient to rules and regulations.  Of course, sometimes He is within the box or square and will act within rules or regulations, but He is not confined by the box or square like perhaps many of us -  and can and will act outside of them.  This can be really upsetting and confusing to some others of us humans.  This is what I see in the Elijah and the gentle breeze where he finds God.  However after the terrible death and resurrection of Jesus something totally unexpected happened. The renting of the temple veil as Jesus died announces this.  Something - I can't find the word - cataclysmic to the rule of Satan, dramatic and world changing happened.  Heaven now exists as it were on earth, The Kingdom is here,  and the Gates of Heaven are open for all time to all.  All sin, even the greatest and most appalling, is now forgiven.  History is changed forever - for all time.  There is a new Heaven and a new earth, announced in the Book of Revelation.  Time and Space have been turned inside out. The Holy Spirit can now act at times - and will now act at times in a great noise and driving wind - always He is Truth guiding us towards the earthly fulfillment of Truth and our purpose here, our meaning.

Anyway, Amen! Come Holy Spirit with the strong driving wind of Pentecost and renew the face of the earth! (Keeping very much in mind that He is the Spirit of Truth, not of  "another gospel" or  "progressivism"). Fresh air, not the stench of the change of the filth which is as old as the deceiver who is responsible for it.

Indeed The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth 

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another ADVOCATE to be with you ALWAYS, the Spirit of Truth, 9 which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and WILL BE IN you.

I will not leave you orphans; I WILL come to you." John Chapter 14 is one of the exceptionally beautiful and instructive reporting of the words of Jesus before His arrest.  The whole of Gospel of John is. Introduction to Gospel of John - followed by his Gospel - Vatican translation.

Anyway, Amen! Come Holy Spirit with the strong driving wind of Pentecost and renew the face of the earth!

It is a beautiful and powerful prayer isn't it.  It is a favourite of mine.  The version I learnt was well before VII, I think in primary school where we had to learn it BY HEART (beautiful term) or rote "Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in us the fire of Thy Divine Love. Send forth Your Spirit and You shall be created in us thus You shall renew the face of the earth. ... O God, Who did instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of Your Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise, and ever to rejoice in His consolation, through Christ, Our Lord.  Amen"

! (Keeping very much in mind that He is the Spirit of Truth, not of  "another gospel" or  "progressivism"). Fresh air, not the stench of the change of the filth which is as old as the deceiver who is responsible for it.

Amen!:like2:  Spot on!

Indeed The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth 

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another ADVOCATE to be with you ALWAYS, the Spirit of Truth, 9 which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.I will not leave you orphans; I WILL come to you."  Vatican Bible http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PXM.HTM

John Chapter 14 is one of the exceptionally beautiful and instructive reporting of the words of Jesus.  The whole of the Gospel of John is as well.

Thank you for posting, Seven....I very much agree with your comments - is the short postrotfl.....regards - Barb

It might be my struggle with bipolar, but sometimes if I click on Preview and then return to editing mode, my post has changed.  Or what can happen is when I actually hit SUBMIT REPLY it publishes altered.  It might be bipolar or my computer, I am hoping it is bipolar, not computer problems.