An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mental Illness & Bipolar Disorder

BarbTherese

Welcome to Phatmass.............I am very sorry to read of your burden at this time.  Bipolar can be cruel.

______________o0o________________

Warning

I would like alert readers that we should not take any medications at all which are not medically prescribed by a doctor.  We need to check with our doctor first as over the counter type medications can interact negatively with medically prescribed medications.

Especially at this time when people are really stressed out, we have been warned in Australia that various exploitations of the situation are taking place.  This can include non prescription/medical advertising of stress relieving recommendations - sometimes at inflated prices.

links.jpg

How to check a link simply and free.

Hover backwards and forwards over the link but do not click

In the bottom left hand corner of your window, or somewhere on the bottom of the window, the actual address of the site you will be taken to will appear.  In my computer windows, the actual site is in the lower left hand corner of a window ............. and it is in very small pale type.

And see other means of checking at https://askleo.com/hover-over-a-link/

keep-calm-and-use-your-common-sense.png

In the Ancient Rule of Carmel, St Albert wrote "common sense is the guide of all the virtues"

Edited by BarbaraTherese

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, little2add said:

BPD can be cruel too!

B647-D028-F84-A-4-D7-B-B543-EE59-D373-AF 

especially to the families of the suffering BPD person 

Oh yes, I had a girlfriend around my age then, around 16 years ago now who also suffered Borderline Personality Disorder - it is indeed cruel, very cruel and she was (can't tjink of the word, at the moment) but you know, they were not in contact any more.  She never really told me about why.  Just thought of the word, "estranged" from her family, Bipolar Disorder is an actual mental illness, Borderline Personality Disorder is not classified as a mental illness, rather a personality disorder.  I think it can come about through early maltreatment, abuse.  Both are serious and both involve unimaginable suffering to those who do not suffer serious mental type illness. I dont know much about it really i.e. PBD.  I dont care about tags, I take every person at face value.

But certainly she girlfriend suffered terribly, a very cruel life burden indeed.

I don't know about BPD, but with bipolar disorder my family went through hell too.  Made things worse for me, but I rationalised that it was a problem of them being ignorant of mental illness.  That we know  of nothing in our family background insofar as we can trace and knew their story.

L2A, I am very saddened if you are suffering BPD or for whoever you might know who does suffer it.  Cruel does not capture it,  Just asked Mr Google for a thesaurus.  The words I choose for BPD are inhuman and brutal and yes, cruel and confusing to family and friends around the person..

L2A, it has been great to 'meet' you in these Phorums now and then, really good experience.  Thank you for your posts and insights. Queen and Freddie were t*p s**t, huh?  Loved the man.  Keep up the prayer for us all down here Freddie "The Church Militant on earth" (Catholic Theology on the words of St Paul that we are the Body of Christ on earth - all of us past present and to come, God Willing - and that Christ is our Head")  "Man judges appearance, but The Lord KNOWS the heart".

Take care, L2A and all.. .....and let's care about each other. Overcoming Coronavirus (COVID-19)has to be a world effort with all of us caring about each other.  If we dont, more and more people are going to suffer a cruel death, but they will go immediately to Heaven and Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the whole of Heaven will rejoice that they have made it Home again.

I used to have this in my other suburb as my landline message.  "Have fun,, take care, and have fun while you're taking care.  Remember they are real bullets they're firing out there.  Don't stick your neck out, that's my department".

Someone I knew called one day - a cop.  He identified himself and then said "Barb, do you mind if we borrow your phone message?" "Nah - go for it"  But after we hung up:mad: I took it off the message bank and put something else on it.

Prayer, God's Blessing on you and yours, L2A.........warm regards.......Barb:)

If you think it, say one for me and mine to the Man Upstairs.

thank-you.jpg

H E R E

______O0O________

Neil Diamond "Lady Magdalene"

SUBSCRIBE

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Lady Magdalene · Neil Diamond

Rod Stewart

"We am sailing"  (Youtube)

Rod Stewart "Maggie

John Farnham (Australian - brilliant and very popular singer, one of the best, here in Australia)

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Neil Diamond "Forever in Blue Jeans"

Both Joe Cocker and Freddie Mercury are no longer with us - they have gone home.  But they live on with us in their music and in their prayer before the Throne of God for the entire human human race. Thank you for the gift of Joe and Freddie Father, Son and Holy Spirit - Most Sacred Trinity, One God.  Certainly their gifted musical genius, for which we all praise and thank you, did not "lodge with them useless" Mea maxima culpa.

Text of the Poem

"On his blindness" John Milton

When I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodg'd with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest he returning chide,
"Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?"
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies: "God doth not need
Either man's work or his own gifts: who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
Is kingly; thousands at his bidding speed
And post o'er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait."

"And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel; I am the LORD, your God, and there is no other; my people shall nevermore be put to shame.

Then afterward I will pour out my spirit upon all mankind. Your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions; Even upon the servants and the handmaids, in those days, I will pour out my spirit.

And I will work wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood, fire, and columns of smoke;

The sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, At the coming of the Day of the LORD, the great and TERRIBLE DAY."

(Book of Joel, Chapter 2 and 3.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PTH.HTM

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PTI.HTM

40306-hope.800w.tn.png

hope_1400x.progressive.jpg?v=1528328690

Acts Chapter 2

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PXW.HTM

Paul is addressing the people in Jerusalem, I think it was.  It was after Pentecost and they were speaking in different languages so that the crowd could all understand, no matter their particular language.  The crowd were amazed and wondered what it all could mean.  But some said, they are all drunk.............Paul's address to the crowd is drawn from the Prophet Joel.........see above quotation box...........

5 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them, "You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem. Let this be known to you, and listen to my words.

These people are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only nine o'clock in the morning.

No, this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel:

'It will come to pass in the last days,' God says, 'that I will pour out a portion of my spirit upon all flesh. Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. Indeed, upon my servants and my handmaids I will pour out a portion of my spirit in those days, and they shall prophesy. And I will work wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below: blood, fire, and a cloud of smoke.

The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and SPLENDID day of the Lord, and it shall be that everyone shall be saved who calls on the name of the Lord.'

After explaining the commandment to honor your father and mother, a Sunday School teacher asked her class if there was a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters.

One boy, the oldest in his family, immediately answered, “Thou shalt not kill.”

web-pope-francis-laughing-001-antoine-me

web3-jesus-st-peter-rosary-virgin-cathol

A funny and pious account of what Our Lady is doing in Heaven.

Social networks are sharing the story that we reproduce below. It is certainly not a treatise on theology but, imperfections aside, it reflects how much Our Mother strives to help us reach out to Jesus — even when it is so hard for us to persevere in virtue.

It is said that St. Peter was once troubled when he noticed the presence of several souls whom he did not remember having let in through the doors of Heaven. He then began to investigate, and finally found the place they were sneaking in through.

He went diligently to the Lord and said to him,

“Jesus, I realized that we have several souls here that I do not remember letting in. I did some investigations and found out where they are coming from. I would like you to see it for yourself, if you don’t mind.”

Jesus, with all serenity, accompanied Peter and observed that, in fact, there was an entrance through which an impressive number of souls was constantly ascended to Heaven.

Still somewhat alarmed, St. Peter suggested:

“Should not we close this entrance, Lord?”

Jesus, smiling and even delighted with the scene, replied:

“No, no … Leave it alone. This is Mama’s thing!” (My comment: Our Father and The Holy Spirit who were passing by Jesus and St Peter, Jesus winked at them.  Our Father was talking to The Holy Spirit and without ceasing His conversation with The Holy Spirit gave a quick thumbs up to His Son, while poor darling Peter looked confused with a slight frown staring at the mystery gate, which Our Father, Jesus and The Holy Spirit called "Mary's Gate".  Jesus and Joseph were carpenters and Mary told them that she wanted a gate or door at the right down the back of Heaven.  It was the task of Jesus and Joseph, being carpenters, to build the beds Peter needed.

Mary had left a huge rosary hanging from a window, and through it a multitude of souls were climbing steadily up to Heaven.

It is no wonder that when we ourselves close the doors of Paradise with the bars of sin, Mary opens a window for us, so that we can always have a second (and third, and fourth) chance.

In Catholic Theology, we call it The Mystery of The Blessed Trinity, if one knows or acts, the other two Persons in The Blessed Trinity i.e.Our Father and Jesus know and act.  There are three persons in The Blessed Trinity as above united fully in all things, Our One God.

Ok, go figure that out - with the best of British luck to ya my friend. In Heaven we cannot, in our wildest imagination imagine what awaits us all in Heaven.

May the souls and all the souls of the departed, rest in Peace.  Amen

Dear Father, we are all praying for all victims deceased through the CoronaVirus.  We know you and whole of Heaven were waiting for them at the moment of death - we thank and praise you.  Thank you for the gift of Your Son - for his life and terrible death and sending to us The Holy Spirit when he rose from the dead.

At the time of this Coronavirus Pandemic, gift please we beg, strength, courageous fortitude - that incredible spirit of the ANZACS and all who fought Hitler, the Nazis, in anyway whatsoever achieving for mankind the path to freedom embedded we pray in our democratic system.

We pray with all our hearts and souls for all mankind, for the whole universe, all who are suffering at this time and many with seemingly unbearable pain - mentally, physically and spiritually.

We pray and thank you, praise, you for the gift of our front liners and all who have the incredible vocations from You - our Police, our ambulance people, our military and our firemen and fireladies........for all who serve heroically and unselfishly your beloved people, mankind.

Lastely, we praise and thank you, we adore and glorify you in all we think, say and do (which IS liturgy) and into our hearts, minds and souls we gather mankind, our earth and this whole incredible beautiful universe.  Father we have sinned, we beg of you Your INfinite Mercy on us - and if you please will forgive us all when we have committed every single sin in the book small and very great and big MASSIVE, then Father, if Your Love and Mercy can forgive all that, then every single person who ever lived, is living or will live has a free ticket from Me into Our Pearly Gates......but don't let on to Peter, the poor guy has more worries up here than ever he had on earth.  Well, bennyway, eventually he is going to chuck that jolly book that records the sins of every person..........because there just aint gonna be any room left.  I saw the poor man asking Mum for some asprin for his headache, so eventually We MUST tell him and let him down ever so gently.

Mary's prayer to the children of Fatima asking Her Son's Church to pray it every day "Oh my Jesus, please forgive us and all mankind - past, present and future, all our sins, save us all from the fires of Hell and please bring all souls to Heaven and especially those most in need of Your without limit Loving Mercy. Amen"

E&OE

Hey, listen Phellow Phammers, my writings are what I call Fictional Fact.  This means my writings are Facts with poetic licence here and there with stunning agility and incredible flights of fancy - just for the unadulterated sheer and total hell of it.:popcorn2:

Wherever you are in your world, may The Lord richly bless you and yours with Hope and confidence.  All this Coronaviris s**t is going to end........all things pass only God is Forever.  It is a matter of getting from A to Z and all the s**t getting to there.  Cmon we are the allies and we are at war, God grant us all the gifts He gifted our heroes who went to the fronts all over the world to defeat for us all, the horrific dictatorship of Hitler and the Nazis.

Well I am signing off and going out under Our pergola for what is now a freezing cold decaf..........and a smoke!  Thanks be to God, let us Praise and Thank The Lord.

Nighty nights........Barb:frantics::brutebeast::baby:

1*Nwqf05GWJ7nDP16I4jAwLQ.jpeg

Kurt Cobain (NIRVANA) suicide or murder?

If you can't beat 'em, infiltrate

MM, Jesus said "Whatever you do to one of these, though it be the least of Mine, you have done it to Me". 

What was it Jesus said? "Hypocrites, Whited Sepulchers, Brood of Vipers." ....... Spawns of Satan

I am on Facebook now - Will make public with User Name as soon as I can.  My primary hangoug - Phacebook

rs-240736-GettyImages-91150536.jpg

Bob Dylan

bob-dylan-1a.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=

Older Bob Dylan

You're always praying that we all make it
You always want to keep my gaze
Well you're the only one I see
And that's the one thing that cannot change

Lady Magdalene I too hear your Night

Coming from His Distant Mountain

Let me know some Peace before my youth is gone

Say it once, say it loud, never again, never again taking to The Way - until death this time

The mouth of Hell, the living entrance

The sacred vow

Fullarton Private Hospital - appearing in the laundry that starry night, the door to Hell pulsing and alive

The sudden stop to fear

Never again - next time, to death the sacred vow - show us The Way

Promise us to keep going

The music loud across the airwaves

The faces of angels now recognised from a time long ago now present

Guitar, piano, war drums - the woman on the stair

Nirvana Nirvana is with her

the long ago past is now present

She's begging to know what measures He now will be taking
He's pulling her down and she's clutching on to his long golden locks

Gentlemen, He said I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning either get ready for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards

BdH Adelaide Sth Aust

7th May, 2020 - COPYRIGHT HELD

Above video takes a few seconds for sound to click in and play. "Changing of The Guards" is recorded live by an amateur 

Lyrics: http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/changing-guards/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_ceanq6IB5QS6BKWkRWO

http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/changing-guards/