An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Generation - Our Dream and Hope for The Future:

BarbTherese

415LCbCyGML._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Livingston-Seagull-Richard-Bach/dp/147679331X

$13.50

Our Lady conspired with Jesus and Joseph to build a back door in Heaven.   It is called Mary's Mercy Gate. 

The Father cannot work out why Peter said ten beds were necessary, but there are 15 people in the head count.  So, The Father instructs Jesus and Joseph to build another 5 beds.  St Peter cannot explain things either. 

Jesus winks at St Joseph and they get to work on five extra beds.  The Father is wondering if Peter is falling asleep on the job. 

Father D (priest, religious,theologian before his death) is watching the confusion with that laugh I used to love......he would try to smother it and it would come from deep in his chest as a mischievous: "Hee, hhee, hee" so on and so forth.  Amen.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

16 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

https://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Livingston-Seagull-Richard-Bach/dp/147679331X

$13.50

Our Lady conspired with Jesus and Joseph to build a back door in Heaven.   It is called Mary's Mercy Gate. 

The Father cannot work out why Peter said ten beds were necessary, but there are 15 people in the head count.  So, The Father instructs Jesus and Joseph to build another 5 beds.  St Peter cannot explain things either. 

Jesus winks at St Joseph and they get to work on five extra beds.  The Father is wondering if Peter is falling asleep on the job. 

Father D (priest, religious,theologian before his death) is watching the confusion with that laugh I used to love......he would try to smother it and it would come from deep in his chest as a mischievous: "Hee, hhee, hee" so on and so forth.  Amen.

A priest recommended that I read the book "The Shack" - I think I abandoned reading it about half way through.  I did not like it at all.  But there was an interesting way of thinking about religious realities.

Interpretation of my little tale about Mary's Mercy Gate.  It is absolutely fictional, or what I call fictional fact....all fictional with facts here and there.  I am not proclaiming it as any sort of theological understanding.  It is just a little fictional fact story..............

Jesus, Mary and Joseph were human beings who trod our earth under our skies as was St Peter.  They saw the same moon, stars and sun.   Jesus, fully human and Fully God, Father Son and Holy Spirit, One God. 

Jesus instigates Mary's Mercy Gate.  He died for every single human being ever existed, existing or to exist.  His Love is absolutely unconditional. His Loving Mercy is mind boggling.  He appoints His mother to be "Mary, Mother of Mercy", to in a sense administer His Mercy and to proclaim His Unity with her in all things.  Jesus will lead to His mother as Mary leads to her Son. 

St Joseph is Patron Saint of The Church, One Holy Catholic and Universal.  We don't know much about St Joseph except he is chosen to be foster father to The Son of God and husband and protector for Mary.  Therefore, rightly is he Patron of The Church, The Mystical Body of Christ on earth, where we living are The Church Militant (i.e. we are engaged in a war with Satan, like it or not)  St Joseph must have been a holy and remarkable, strong, man beyond question.  He is chosen, by The Father, to guide and protect Mary and the baby Jesus at a dreadful, terrifying, time in their lives and they had to flee into Egypt.  St Joseph surely must be fully in union, it seems to me, with The Father - hence in Heaven St Joseph in absolute humility is fully supportive of Mary, his beloved wife, and Jesus, his beloved foster Son.  In fact, they are United as One.  They are co-conspirators in the story.

Jesus and Joseph were carpenters insofar as we know.  Hence, they build Mary's Mercy Gate in the rear of Heaven and Jesus explains why the gate is needed to His mother and foster father, St Joseph.  Jesus and Joseph are also, as carpenters, responsible for constructing the beds in Heaven.  Jesus has been watching Peter at the gate of Heaven for a while now and then with St Peter's MASSIVE BOOK OF RULES AND REGULATIONS.  Jesus raises eyebrows now and then.

St Peter is one of the apostles of Jesus, who were often getting it all wrong - Peter becomes a sort of spokesman for the others......but still often Peter is getting it all wrong too.  But it is Peter's confession and proclamation of Jesus that moves Jesus to make him our first representative head and leader, Pope and Holy Father, of The Church Militant on earth.  Peter gets it wrong again when he cuts off the ear of Malchus in the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus is arrested.  Jesus recognises that only The Father could reveal Him: Matthew Ch16: :.............

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(Rock n Roll - Hold to Peter and be like a rock and roll with the punches)

Peter, in Heaven, is responsible for letting into Heaven those Catholics that have kept all the rules and regulations (that is a sort of 'tongue in cheek' statement on my part.  A related joke*** follows below)  Peter reports to The Father how many beds are needed according to whom Peter lets into Heaven.  The Father does a head count every night.

The Father is the absolute essence of simplicity and Love, gentleness and compassion.  He relies on Peter and all in Heaven to get their responsibilities right.  It is The Holy Spirit the engine and means of all things, in Heaven and on earth.........and the little conspiracy afoot in Heaven.  The Holy Spirit is continually leading all through Love as Love to The Father, through Jesus..........because that is the Way The Father has chosen the whole of creation to be. Amen (and I mean it, buster!)-   I mean, if you think about it, what Love The Father must have for us all to give His Only Son to us!  What Love Jesus must have for every single one of us to be with us all the way, even to a terrible death.  He went before us and journeys with us all, without exception, to The Father in the Way The Father has chosen for each one of us without exception i.e. general and particular vocation.

The rest, you can put together, because I can't :coffee:...... I am weary "and all that sort of undeserving" (line from my poetry)........I need some quiet under the pergola with coffee and a smoke (and all that sort of undeserving)  It has rained and it looks like more, so I did not need someone to water my garden after all. (and all that sort of undeserving).

***The joke, mentioned above. A muslim man goes to Heaven.  Jesus is showing him around Heaven.  That is where the angels are, and over there is the tuck shop we all share, to the left of you are the dormitories.  Suddenly, there is a huge brick wall -very long and very tall.  Jesus lapses into silence,  So the muslim man says "Excuse me, Jesus, what is the wall all about please?"

Jesus looks horrified  "Shhhhh, do be quiet - the Catholics are there and they think they are the only one's here.

Edited by BarbaraTherese