An Old School Catholic Message Board

This is why he was kneeling

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Screenshot_20191018-113207.png

Actually, 

The reason, according to his own words, is that he did not want to show pride in America.  That was the original motivation - He did not want to participate in a ritual expression of love and pride in this country. It was very much an act of disrespect - or, rather, a desire not to show respect.  

Everything else that came after that- "demonstrating" by kneeling, "raising awareness" about social injustice, Trump vs free speech, etc. was an add-on.  The original motivation was his personal distaste for the ritual and desire not to participate. 

The two cops you picture here include Amber something, who killed a man after entering his apartment thinking it was hers. She was convicted and got 10 years. Usually people who think that was unjust are the same people who support criminal justice reform. Well, sorry, but this is what criminal justice reform looks like. Actually reform in Texas will mean less than 10 for the type of conviction she got as she was a 1st time offender.  So what is it Josh ... lighter sentences for thugs except for blondes? 

The other picture is of a Texas cop who shot a woman through a window.  He has been charged with murder - but frankly, I think he was overcharged.  Her nephew is recorded as saying she pointed a gun at him, thinking he was a prowler. If you, Josh, or anyone, points a gun at the police, you're dead. Even if it's their fault, and they forgot to  identify themselves. You're dead. And frankly I'm sure his loved ones are glad he shot first. Now he will pay for his mistake - as he should. But as they say on the job --- better judged by 12 than carried by 6. 

4 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Actually, 

The reason, according to his own words, is that he did not want to show pride in America.  That was the original motivation - He did not want to participate in a ritual expression of love and pride in this country. It was very much an act of disrespect - or, rather, a desire not to show respect.  

4 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Her nephew is recorded as saying she pointed a gun at him, thinking he was a prowler. If you, Josh, or anyone, points a gun at the police, you're dead. Even if it's their fault, and they forgot to  identify themselves. You're dead. And frankly I'm sure his loved ones are glad he shot first.

It was a wellness check. She legally owned the firearm. She was in her own home. The guy shouldn't of been a cop. And whoever trained him did a horrible job. Or he ignored all his good training and put himself in this situation. Prayers and healing for all involved.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Josh said:

It was a wellness check. She legally owned the firearm. She was in her own home. The guy shouldn't of been a cop. And whoever trained him did a horrible job. Or he ignored all his good training and put himself in this situation. Prayers and healing for all involved.

I didn't see a date on the video but this is the earliest interview I could find:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dsf%3bteam%3Dsf%3bconf%3Dnfc%3bdvsn%3Dncw%3bplyr%3Dblaine_gabbert%3bplyr%3Dcolin_kaepernick&sr=amp

It didn't start as a demonstration... he didn't see a need to call attention to it. He didn't want to participate, which is his right. His reason is sobering. What does the fourth of July mean for a black person in this country anyway.  

I actually think when it became a demonstration that was worse. Idk what your family history is like but mine has its issues. My mom was arrested for abusing us; while most of my dads sins arent crimes, he is a major league traitor to his children.  I don't go to their birthday party and "demonstrate" during the happy birthday song for that person. If I can't participate I don't participate but I also don't make a scene and "raise awareness" about sh*t that everyone present already knows about.  Is it a sin idk but its rude af even if it's deserved. 

1 hour ago, Lilllabettt said:

Idk what your family history is like but mine has its issues. My mom was arrested for abusing us; while most of my dads sins arent crimes, he is a major league traitor to his children.

With all sincerity I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope whomever was affected by this in your family has found healing. I remember you had a sister that used to post here. God bless you guys.

1 hour ago, Lilllabettt said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."