An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kanye West - JESUS IS KING

I really hope that Kanye doesn't make a mockery of Christ.  Which, who am I to say that since I don't live up to Jesus at all, all the time. But Kanye has a history of questionable judgment and mental health things, so hopefully he stays committed and hangs tough and doesn't give people a reason to say faith is a mental health episode or something like that. If we say we want conversions we shouldn't judge conversions.  I just really pray for him that he stays the course in spite of money and fame, which are difficult to make work with authentic discipleship.  

I'm sorta thinking he won't mock Christ. One of the reasons being he's getting old. Like 42 or so. I think when you start to get that age it's easier to stay consistent and when you do fall not bring attention to it and make a spectacle. I think people are willing to forgive sinners. I think people have a problem with people saying they believe and then proudly showing off their sin and not trying to change.

Edited by Guest

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/kanye-bible-jesus-king-christian

Google searches for "Jesus" and the query, "What do Christians believe?" spiked after West's gospel-rap album, "Jesus Is King," dropped Friday. The album has many biblical references, like this portion from his song, "Selah":

John 8:33
We the descendants of Abraham
Ye should be made free
John 8:36
To whom the son set free is free indeed
He saved a wretch like me

• 2 weeks later...