An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kanye West - JESUS IS KING

I have affection for Kanye. 

None for Osteen. He has grown obscenely rich taking money from poor people by convincing them their poverty is a result of their own sin and lack of faith. The prosperity gospel is a demonic disfigurement of the Word straight from the mouth of Hell. 

• 4 weeks later...

My son & I had the opportunity to meet Kanye last year and the man I met was not the man I had seen portrayed on tv.

My son is a huge fan & had heard that he was in town visiting random locations. Kanye & his “entourage” were in the process of leaving one of these locations when my son & I arrived. My son ran up & asked for an autograph & Kanye stopped what he was doing and took time to have an actual conversation with him. They spoke for almost 20 minutes about life, how they both were dealing with fathers who were fighting cancer, and what it takes to be overcome adversity in life.   When he finally had to leave, he hugged my son and said “Remember you are always loved” 

In that moment I no longer saw the hip hop artist I saw the man that he was. He didn’t have to stop for a picture or take the time to have a meaningful conversation with a stranger but he did. It meant the world to my son. To this day my son will get random texts from Kanye asking how he’s doing. 

I may not always be a fan of his music but after our encounter I will always support him as a man. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpvCrHblRWN/?igshid=p05fpcclfnlc