An Old School Catholic Message Board

Francis Church Is 666? Or Nah?

59 minutes ago, Delivery said:

If you can't take the time to read a 5 minute thread I don't know what to tell you. I can't force you to read and to become unconfused. Threatened the life or health of a sitting Pope? What are you talking about? Are you on meds? Did you forget to take them? 

I know what your intention is but I don't think it would be clear to someone who is unfamiliar with you and who has only read this thread . . .

I'm not sure why. In the first few posts I said I go to a Parish that recognizes Francis as the Pope. I was asking those who infer he's not or whatever they are attempting to do to tell me what they think I'm supposed to do. I can't help Catholics and Catholic media are putting these thoughts and doubts forward. And I don't know what the heck the previous poster is talking about when he says I'm wishing death or an assassination on the Pope. I'm hoping he missed his meds and that will explain it.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Peace said:

I know what your intention is but I don't think it would be clear to someone who is unfamiliar with you and who has only read this thread . . .

I think I have only come across Delivery from reading this thread and am shocked by what Delivery is posting.  If he or she is taking any notice of such media outlets, then I  think it is Delivery who has missed meds.

What in effect is happening is Delivery is disseminating anti-Catholic commentary on the internet under a guise.  I can't understand moderators allowing it to continue.

Anti-Catholic commentary from Catholic Media such as: Catholic Answers, EWTN, Taylor Marshall, Regina Magazine. I'm to blame for their material and noticing them? Okay then...

Some of these media outlets are "mainstream" in the Catholic word or whatever you want to call it. Sort of hard to avoid.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Delivery said:

Anti-Catholic commentary from Catholic Media such as: Catholic Answers, EWTN, Taylor Marshall, Regina Magazine. I'm to blame for their material and noticing them? Okay then...

Some of these media outlets are "mainstream" in the Catholic word or whatever you want to call it. Sort of hard to avoid.

You appear to recognise that what you are posting is anti Catholic commentary appearing on Catholic websites.  Then what is the question you are asking of Phatmass members here?  I do not think you will get one united response, rather contrary responses and opinions, more or less as has unfolded to date in this thread.  Has this enlightened you as to your purpose?

Your purpose, whatever it is, might be better served by posting on the websites where you are originally picking up the material.

Initially, Phatmass was loyal to the Teaching Authority of The Church as a requirement of membership - that seems to have changed in recent times and membership split into two camps of which I am immediately aware.  Opposing camps of opinion and thought.

The lack of loyalty to The Church is very sad - it has infected most all 'catholic' sites of which I am aware, This has robbed Phatmass of its uniqueness.  We have become just another one amongst the many.

vatiarms.gif

Catholic Catechism http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p4.htm

The episcopal college and its head, the Pope

880 When Christ instituted the Twelve, "he constituted [them] in the form of a college or permanent assembly, at the head of which he placed Peter, chosen from among them."398 Just as "by the Lord's institution, St. Peter and the rest of the apostles constitute a single apostolic college, so in like fashion the Roman Pontiff, Peter's successor, and the bishops, the successors of the apostles, are related with and united to one another."399

881 The Lord made Simon alone, whom he named Peter, the "rock" of his Church. He gave him the keys of his Church and instituted him shepherd of the whole flock.400 "The office of binding and loosing which was given to Peter was also assigned to the college of apostles united to its head."401 This pastoral office of Peter and the other apostles belongs to the Church's very foundation and is continued by the bishops under the primacy of the Pope.

882 The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."402 "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."403

883 "The college or body of bishops has no authority unless united with the Roman Pontiff, Peter's successor, as its head." As such, this college has "supreme and full authority over the universal Church; but this power cannot be exercised without the agreement of the Roman Pontiff."404

"How to Be a Loyal Catholic Today?

By Being Loyal to the Bishop of Rome"

by Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/intro/loyalty.htm

Excerpts only:...........".............We return to our title for this conference, “How to be a Loyal Catholic Today?” The answer is obvious. “By being loyal to the Bishop of Rome.” To be a loyal Catholic we must know the truth taught by the Holy Father, live this truth, and suffer for this truth. The truth, of course, is the teaching of Jesus Christ.

After all, that is what loyalty means. Loyalty means fidelity to the truth. Except that the truth to which we are to be faithful is no mere abstraction. The truth we believe is the living God who became man and appointed Peter and his successors as His spokesmen for the truth.......".............

19 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I think I have only come across Delivery from reading this thread and am shocked by what Delivery is posting.  If he or she is taking any notice of such media outlets, then I  think it is Delivery who has missed meds.

What in effect is happening is Delivery is disseminating anti-Catholic commentary on the internet under a guise.  I can't understand moderators allowing it to continue.

Delivery is delivery boy aka Josh. He's been on phatmass longer than you have. 

19 hours ago, Delivery said:

I'm to blame for their material and noticing them?

If you post them as facts then yes, it could be viewed that way by some people.  
because as everyone knows “if it on the internet it must be true!”

1 hour ago, little2add said:

If you post them as facts then yes, it could be viewed that way by some people.  
because as everyone knows “if it on the internet it must be true!”

Reading comprehension is key. I take it for granted you and others have it. If you read the post's K O C said I was exaggerating what is being reported by Catholic media. I accepted the challenge of his claims and posted some material. Not much at all. There's plenty more. I didn't agree with what is being reported. Far from it. But again reading comprehension is key.

1 hour ago, Delivery said:

Reading comprehension is key. I take it for granted you and others have it. If you read the post's K O C said I was exaggerating what is being reported by Catholic media. I accepted the challenge of his claims and posted some material. Not much at all. There's plenty more. I didn't agree with what is being reported. Far from it. But again reading comprehension is key.

The above strikes me as rationalisation.

I am wondering if you challenged whoever posted the material on the site where you obtained it?  I can't understand your purpose in posting it here on Phatmass since it does not take much intelligence at all, I don't think, to grasp that it probably will be divisive.

Whatever divides communities against each other is not of The Holy Spirit, we can be sure of that - and if it is not of The Holy Spirit, then it serves no good purpose at all - rather in fact it serves to the contrary.