An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Franscian Community

M. Therese

Sr. Faustina who had been with the Poor Clares for thirteen years has taken a year away from her community and is on exclaustration. She has felt called to found a new contemplative/active community based on Franciscan values. She is located in Fairlawn, Ohio and has the support of her local bishop. Their apostolate would include supporting, seminarians, priests and religious. 
Sister has a YouTube video up under Claimed by Christ. She already has interest from young women. If you know of anyone discerning religious life who might be interested, sister's email is on the video.

The Little Sisters of St.joseph, Little Sisters of the holy Family and a couple  of other canadian orders work as housekeepers,etc. to priests,seminarians,etc.Nice to see there is an interest in reviving  this service.

Holly, sister didn't say anything about working as housekeepers, etc. She said accompanying clerics, seminarians and religious.

1 hour ago, KMC said:

It was a bit unclear to me what she intends to do and that this charism isn't already fulfilled by existing communities.  

I kind of agree with this statement, but we'll see.

Sister has only been out of the cloister for a week and she said in her last video that anyone interested could contact her for more information. 

Charism is not the same as work or ministry. Perhaps they have a distinct spiritual inspiration (which is what charism means)? I of course don't know, but the others are not Franciscan...

Well, new communities have to start somewhere; And they need qualified, (I think being a nun is a good start) energetic, on fire leaders, who are willing to blaze the trail while being guided by the Holy spirit!

I have no doubt that this young sister will become a foundress of a community that will attract many young discerners! I am excited for her!

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, nikita92 said:

Well, new communities have to start somewhere; And they need qualified, (I think being a nun is a good start) energetic, on fire leaders, who are willing to blaze the trail while being guided by the Holy spirit!

I have no doubt that this young sister will become a foundress of a community that will attract many young discerners! I am excited for her!

Update as of Sept 4th 2021..Hannah Aka- "Sr.Faustina" has decided to leave Fairlawn Ohio, and return back to her home state of Colorado. She is young and has a bright future ahead of her! O;)

Godspeed Hannah!