An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment of Spirits Retreat This Saturday in St. Louis

Francis Coffee

Francis Coffee

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity offer a special Discernment of Spirits Retreat for single Catholic women18-34 in the St. Louis area this Saturday Nov 30th at Our Lady of Gudalupe Convent

Franciscan Sister Jacqueline Spaniola guides the retreat, based on St. Ignatius’ discernment process in understanding God’s will for one’s life.  Sr. Jacqueline explained that “We go through the Discernment of Spirits’ twenty two rules to help us know when God is speaking to us, or when other spirits are speaking to us. We take some scripture quotes for each of those rules. And the retreatants have time to go and pray, and make it part of their lives…to see how the spirit is moving in their lives at the present time.

“It’s not just for a vocation. It’s for ‘should I move, should I get a new job, should I make an important decision that you don’t want to make just overnight.”

Many have said that the rules of discernment have helped them in their daily lives, and to make wise and holy decisions. And the retreat has helped them to make decisions about what to do – a life changing factor in their life.”

“At the end of our lives, all that matters is how we served our God and others, faithful to our call, and how well we respond generously to the inheritance that has been given to us.” Sr. Leonette Kochan, OSF

The retreat and lunch are free, but registration is required. Please call or text Sister Julie Ann at 920-323-9632 with your questions. For more information or to register, visit: https://fscc-calledtobe.org