Sign in to follow this  
rnflower

any young discerners?

rnflower

Hi I am new to Phatmass!

I am discerning religious life, and I was wondering if there are any other high school/college students on here also discerning! I would love to chat together :)

Thx!

St. Elizabeth Ann

Hey sorry to be late to the party but I just turned 18 and I've been discerning since I was 16!  It can be interesting and challenging discerning young, for sure. Where are y'all in your discernment process right now?

TalithaKoum

Hi! I’m 18, soon to be 19 in May! I’m a freshman in college! I’d love to PM with any of y’all!

futuresister

I am 17, almost 18. I have been discerning since I was 13, I am also in the process of converting to Catholicism.

BarbaraTherese

Wonderful to see young discerners and welcome to those new to Phatmass.  I am neither young nor discerning.  74 years last January. I just wanted to drop in here for a minute to share your Joy and welcome you all.:flowers:

rnflower

Hi everyone!!! 

It's so cool to have all of us discerning! I have been discerning for a month or so-not too long. How long have y'all been discerning and what orders are you looking at?? 

Also if y'all wanted to start a group chat/pm group, that would be cool too!!!

TalithaKoum
1 hour ago, rnflower said:

Hi everyone!!! 

It's so cool to have all of us discerning! I have been discerning for a month or so-not too long. How long have y'all been discerning and what orders are you looking at?? 

Also if y'all wanted to start a group chat/pm group, that would be cool too!!!

I’ve been “halfway” discerning for about a year, but have fully begun discerning for 4 months. I’ve spoken to a few communities, but am mostly discerning with the RSM of Alma, the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa and the Daughters of the Virgin Mother. What about you?

I’d love to be apart of a group chat if you made one!

St. Elizabeth Ann

A chat group would be cool, if someone who knows how to do that wants to do that.  I've been seriously discerning for over a year now, and I'm currently applying to enter with the Daughters of the Virgin Mother.  God willing, I hope to enter with them in August, but we shall see!

11 minutes ago, TalithaKoum said:

I’ve spoken to a few communities, but am mostly discerning with the RSM of Alma, the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa and the Daughters of the Virgin Mother. What about you?

Where did you hear about/how much do you know about the Daughters?

TalithaKoum
2 hours ago, St. Elizabeth Ann said:

A chat group would be cool, if someone who knows how to do that wants to do that.  I've been seriously discerning for over a year now, and I'm currently applying to enter with the Daughters of the Virgin Mother.  God willing, I hope to enter with them in August, but we shall see!

Where did you hear about/how much do you know about the Daughters?

I actually attend a college in the town over from them. Part of their out reach is helping at a crisis pregnancy center on my campus and I meet with Sister Mary Raphael there!

futuresister

I am looking into the Sisters of Life and the Parish Visitors of Mary Immaculate.

Antigonos

I seem to remember that several years ago there was discussion about the creation of a chat group, but time differences [and the fact that most of us lead busy lives] made the idea impractical.

Lea

Hey there,

I have been thinking about joining a religious congregation for over 2.5 years now and also lived with an franciscan community (Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother, SSM) in Vienna/ Austria for one semester while studying there.

[In the german-speeking area we have got something called "Freiwilliges Ordensjahr" which could be translated to "volunteer year as a religious" where you get to fully share the live in a convent without having to discern or apply for an entrance.]

It was great, but I am definitely too unsure if religious life is for me or if I am called to something "out in the world" including marriage and a career... so what about you? 

I would love to hear what initially made you consider the call to religious life and how you find out about "your" potential communities?

Greetings from Germany,

Lea

rnflower

I can't believe there are a bunch of us all discerning religious life! It is so amazing to talk to other young people in the same position. If anyone wants to be added to the group message, just leave a message here :)